Entendre

Might took you by the hand, leading you up the stairs. "You two seem close." Us? Us? You just kissed me. You could tell you were already in deep shit, so why not? "I would hope so, we've got a marriage contract." You replied, stirring the pot. He stopped mid step, his eyes cutting to you so quickly. Ya' know what?...Ya' know maybe that wasn't the right move. He moved to look over both of his shoulders, down the corridors to either side of you. "Wha-"

There was no warning when he turned on his heel. His hand's grip still on yours while you struggled to keep up with his pace, your shoes damn near sliding across the floor with each step. At least he took the scenic route to wherever you were going. Art lining the walls while you frantically stuttered out variations of "Toshi"s and "Yagi"s the further down you were pulled.

He gave one more glance over his shoulder, looking behind the both of you. Just far enough from prying eyes and ears before using a metal, abstract sculpture to hide the two of you. It felt like it was more to hide how he decided to confront you. Your back pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of your head while he leaned in. You still had to look up to catch his eyes. "That's hot...I did not mean to say that out loud. It just kinda came out, I-"

"Run that by me again." He exhaled, breath running down the opening in your coat and between your breasts. I! Am! Aroused! "That's hot?" Because this is...whew. "We'll circle back to that." Might's eyes narrowed. YeS, DA- wait. Your expression went smug. "Oh?"

"Don't."

"Don't what? What ya tryin' to get into?" You pinched at one of his lapels, the fabric running between your thumb and forefinger. "Don't start something you can't finish. Stay on topic." Striking blue stayed focused on you even as you playfully tugged at the lapel. "It's not bad." You sighed out.

"You're engaged."

"No I'm not." You fought a laugh. "No, I am not."

"Then explain it to me." Yagi leaned in more. "Do we really have to do this here? Right now?" You curled your lip. "I heard what you said about not starting anything but you're kind of setting a mood right now...at least for me-"

"Peach."

"Mmm, that made it worse." You puffed. "Say it again."

"Did this work last time?" His voice was low. "Did what work last time?" You raised your brows. 

"Don't play dumb."

"I'm not." You replied innocently. 

"Tempting me to change the subject. Did that work for you last time?"

"I-"

"Because I recall you gagging at the word twinkie."

"You didn't have to bring that up." You sucked your teeth. 

"You could've gagged in more ways than one."

"Toshi!" Your eyes went wide, jaw dropping. "Don't start something you can't finish. If I have to tell you a third time, I'm not using my words."

"Don't tempt me-" You were met with a sharp inhale and ever so slightly, the feel of his form closer to yours. Lips pursed while you tried to sew together some words to make it sound not as wild as it did originally. It wasn't working that well. "Look. It was April fools, I thought it was a joke. Faust doesn't do April fools, it wasn't a joke. I've got," You paused to think, breaking eye contact while you did simple mental math. "Two years, fifty-nine days, and 3 hours left."

It took Might a while, looking you over before he stood straight, palms to fingertips dragging along the wall as he did. "That's more than enough time." He straightened his blazer, hands now smoothing out the light folds he made in the shoulders.

"More than enough time for what?" Tell me! Because until now I had no idea exactly how much I wanted you on top of- "For you," Yagi took up your hand, kissing the back of it, "The light of my life, to pick up that offer I left on the table." He turned on his heel, your hand still in his while he led you back to the main hall. "You're giving me whiplash, Tosh. You can't play good cop and bad cop."

"I don't see why not. I got what I wanted." He smirked over his shoulder at you, bringing you into the room full of elite. It was almost a let down from the entrance. There was nothing out of the ordinary, just people chatting, well-dressed heroes with blue bloods sprinkled here and there, hors d'oeuvres, and seating. 

"You had me worried for a second there." He sighed, bringing you closer to him by your waist. The sudden touch snatched your attention from your people watching. "Why are you being so affectionate in public?" You pulled back and turned to him, his hand moving to rest on your back. You thought you should've worded that differently in retrospect, you saw in his eyes that it caught him just as off guard. "This isn't public." Might shook his head confidently. "What happens here stays here."

"Uhm..." You gave an unbelieving look. "Honest." He touched his chest, taking advantage of one of the staff nearing with a tray of drinks. "Here, look." He stopped them, taking one of the drinks. He downed it with ease, looking at the glass in his hand before throwing it clean across the great hall. Thankfully no one was close when it shattered against the wall, not that anyone reacted. "Huh." You scanned the room, no one batted an eye. "See?" Might looked back at you. "I mean...I do." You nodded. "I can't say I'm not disappointed though, someone has to clean that up."

"Clean what up?"

"The mess." You motioned with your hand to the glass...Where'd the glass go? Your head reared back. "Don't think too hard about it." Might leaned and whispered, his hand returning to your side and leading you deeper into the gala. "I haven't figured it out yet either."

"Right..." You peeped over your shoulder eyeing that wall, still in awe, there wasn't even a stain.

"Is there anyone here you wanted to meet?" Might asked. "I'm just the plus one, you take the lead." You gave him a look. "I thought you'd like to have some fun before we start rubbing elbows with the less than savory." Yagi spoke low, pulling a light laugh from you. "I tell you what," You started, pulling his arm from around you to interlock it with yours. "If I do see someone, I'll go talk to them and you can stay with the insufferable. That sound good?"

"Ouch," He rubbed his torso. "I thought you liked me."

"I do, a lot." You gave a smile and a light bow to a hero across the room as Might did. "So it's a little payback for you acting like an ass at the gondola."

"I meant what I said back there." He glanced at you. "Which part? You said a lot." You sighed. "That you look beautiful tonight." His arm unlinking with yours and hand sliding to your wrist while he took a step in front of you. "You look like yourself, like you belong here." He looked over you. "Head to toe, I feel like you should've been inviting me here."

"Oh," You waved him off. "You're just trying to butter me up."

"Maybe I am, maybe I don't have to." Yagi shrugged, pulling you in by the hand. "You don't have to?" You raised a brow, he nodded. "You wanna get out of here? You did catch me leaving."

You hummed. "After the food?"

"Sounds like a plan."