Irredeemable

--4--

You leaned against the wall, cheeks filled with air as you impatiently puffed. You flicked your wrist, looking down at your watch. Maybe you were wrong for assuming this long lost package of yours would be near the customer service desk. Since it was an email from customer service. Here's to hoping. Your eyes glanced over the crowd, scuttling left and right into various lines for security checks.

So much for brunch. You'd made a reservation at a place you'd been wanting to try. Or not. You saw the staff member you originally spoke to emerging from a door behind the desk with a box in his hands, holding it out for you to take. You thanked him with a smile and light nod, turning to leave, you almost bumped into someone. "Oop, I'm sorry!" You gave the quick apology and kept moving.

"Why were they standing so close?" Your mom interjected. You reclined on the couch, phone on speaker while you dug through your package. "You'll never guess." You let out an annoyed laugh, eyes going wide just thinking about it. "I could." You heard the shrug in her voice.

"I mean, yeah, but that'd be cheating."

"So are you going to tell me oorrrrrr?"

"Remember when I found that ring?"

She gasped. "NO."

"Yes. YES. Because I was just minding my business, trying to leave and I feel like I'm being followed. I turn around and I don't see anyone I know but I make eye contact with someone a few feet behind me."

Through the waves of people, an unfamiliar face watched you. You knew it was the person standing behind you at the customer service date, but who were they? You were so close to the exit. And she'd followed you from there? Lip curling and eyes scanning for-

There.

The restroom. You slid inside, setting your box down next to the sink and leaning your hip against the counter. Waiting. Your arms crossed, the fluorescent bulbs buzzed above you, a steady drip from a faulty faucet accompanied you.

You checked your watch.

Drip.

If she's feeling froggy, she better jump.

Drip.

And make it timely.

Drip.

The heavy restroom door opened, peeling back as your stalker for the day walked in. Clad in a black fitted outfit and sunglasses on her crown holding her hair back. "Do we have a problem?"

"We do not." Her almond toned hand held the door open. Another walking in.

Drip.

Are you so fucking serious right now?

Drip.

You looked at the familiar face, door closing behind them as they walked in.

Drip.

"Hello, Bianca." You sighed out. "Hello." She sized you up, looking at you from head to toe. "You look well."

"I could be better." You adjusted yourself some, arms still crossed. "Any reason in particular for your buddy over there following me?" You look between the two of them.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh, well, if that's the case." You dug through the bag on your side and pulled out one of your business cards, holding it out for her. "You can just call or text me, I-"

"I need to talk to you now." She ignored it.

"On a scale of one to ten." You huffed.

"Nine."