Foil

-- hey hey, my loves! first thing: this upload is for fridamagus, my first and largest ko-fi tipper. thanks so much again. second: would yall like to do a q&a or ama? last: who was reading this in line at starbucks? out yourself, i was looking over your shoulder lmao . thank you all for always coming back, much love💖💖--

"What is it?" 

You got that feeling. You knew the one; where that little tingling on your nape rode up and down your spine. That feeling you got when someone was staring.

"Nothing." Was the reply. "Mmm. Doesn't feel like it." Your eyes tore away from Shinjuku's night scene below you, looking at your date for the evening.

"It doesn't?"

"No," You shook your head lightly. "What's on your mind, big guy?"

"Many things." So vague was that answer. "As usual." You said in a sigh, dessert spoon in hand as you dug into a corner of your cake. He hummed in response. 

"And you?"

"Many things." You mocked, rocking your head with each syllable before taking in your dessert. "You should elaborate." Might spoke. "Mm!" You nodded, dragging the spoon from between your pressed lips. No icing left to spare. "I guess I should've pressed the matter with you first."

"Should've, but we're here now."

"That we are. Let me see..." You took a moment, tapping your spare forefinger against your chin in faux thought. "I think...I think you've caught on that I'm a sucker for pretty views."

An educated guess really, with enough evidence to back it up given past encounters. You took another peek out over the nightlife. Lights twinkling in arms reach, separated by just a thin layer of glass. And just to the opposite was a dimly lit atmosphere. Sprinkled with deep reds and tailored clothes, candles and some hidden entity playing to their heart's content on black and white keys.

"We both are."

"Oh!" You waved him off, moving to hide the almost childishly wide grin he brought out of you. "What?" Might leaned just a bit forward, forearms pressed against the edge of the table you shared. "You said I couldn't flirt with you in the morning. Don't tell me the evenings are off limits too."

"Technically," You began, bringing your hand down to reveal the slightest smirk. "Anytime is off limits."

"Why would that be?" He queried. 

"I work for you, sir."

Might let out a playful huff, sitting back in his chair. "No one has to know."

"Ooh, how scandalous." You giggled, reaching for the stem of your wine glass. "All Might pining after his cute little assistant-"

"Cute isn't the word," his chin now resting on an open fist of his, eyes on the glass you aerated then to you. "Not right now."

"You're going full throttle tonight, hm?" You asked, bringing the rim to your lips. 

"You're not ready for that."

"Mm!" It's the double entendre for me. You set your glass down, trying to swallow the butterflies traveling up from your stomach. "Too much?" He grinned. "No, no." You waved it off. "The wine, I wasn't expecting it to be so sweet." This is how we're playing this off, huh?

"Do you not like it? Order something else-"

"It's not that!" You gave a soft chuckle. "It's really good."