Spare Time: Abrupt

"You're so full of shit!" Anta slammed their hand of cards down on the coffee table. "How, sway? How!" Tauros sat forward. "I told you we shouldn't have played spades." You said in a sigh, checking your work phone for the umpteenth time that afternoon. 

You all sat around the kotatsu of Koji's home. You glanced up and across from you at Tauros for just a moment before setting your phone down, chin resting in your hand. Late afternoon sun poured in from the windows over the tabletop and your forms sat on the floor.

"Yeeeah, I don't really like this game." Gum puffed. "We should play something else."

"Yeah, something that Tauros won't cheat at." Anta hissed. "Nobody's cheating over here. You just suck ass." The bull laughed. "Git gud."

"Oof, Tauros at it with the harsh words." You cringed. "Why don't you level the playing field, since you feel so fucking confident." Anta shot.

"Damn, Tauros, you made Anta use the big no-no word." You turned to him.

"I can't level the playing field with someone who's bad at every game we have."

"Anta, don't let him talk to you like that, fam. Wring his neck."

"If I could interrupt your instigating, my Siren." Koji, who sat at your left, leaned in with his phone angled to you. He spoke so softly under the rising voice of Anta. "What do you think of this one?"

With your finger, you swiped through some of the photos of a vacant building on a real estate site. "This is a really good one." You nodded. "I like the area. Have you looked at any of the ones I sent you?" You asked in reference to the many links you sent him for vacant buildings. Some were in need of renovations and others were previously karaoke spots that had gone under.

Koji nodded. "I looked at a few, but I really like this one." He scrolled down on the page, showing the few openings they had for tours. "Would you mind viewing this one with me?"

"Not at all." You pointed at a day. "I'm good anytime this day, you just let me know when."

"Your phone's going off, scrub."

"Hm?" You turned, seeing a call shake your phone across the kotatsu. "Oh! I gotta take this." You took hold of the device as you stood up, heading out of earshot to answer the call. It's late, but better late than never. You answered with your usual, light, business greeting. One of the many invited called in regards to the gala, greeting you as well and began speaking. Finally, it only took ten days but you finally got a y-

"I'm sorry, what was that?" You cleared your throat. "I apologize for the inconvenience," her voice was light. "The email I sent just a few moments ago, there's a grammatical error. It looks like I am accepting, when I'm not."

"Ah...." Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. "Well, I do appreciate you reaching out to me." Why the FUCK did you even reply this late. "I apologize again for any misunderstanding." I didn't even see the email, sis. "And also for any inconvenience." Stop lying. "I'm just so tiny, using normal keyboards is so hard for me."

"Oh noooo." Um? "I have to use outdated phones because they're easier on my hands. My fingers don't stretch that far and-" Who tf is this on my phone? You pulled it away from your ear, the volume just loud enough for you to hear her continue while you pulled her info. You cringed as you read, everything she said made sense as she continued.

Luna Willow the pixie hero.

You muted your mic and sighed, rubbing your forehead. "I did it to myself. I did....Read thoroughly."