Hey, You

You woke in a dimly lit room. Why is it so hot?  You sat up slowly, peeling the sheets from your body observing your surroundings. You were aching and your head was spinning, all in someone's house, not yours obviously. Where the fuck? Your jacket sat neatly folded in a chair to the left of the bed. Wait a minute. 

Eyebrows furrowed as everything came back. You were with Might and the police. You'd wrapped everything up and then...it went blank. Did I pass out? Don't tell me he... you slid out of the bed and over to your things, fishing for your phone. Found it! 3:42am, you shot to your recent calls and dialed his number. 

This is the most ghet- anime shit I've ever seen. You held your breath, listening, a buzzing came from the other side of the bed, followed by a shuffling and heavy sigh. OH SHIT OH FUCK. You grabbed your coat and crept low past the sleeping hero. I hope he's asleep. 

The door was already cracked, you opened it a little more to make just enough room for you to slide out and quietly close it behind you. My ribs are killing me. To your right just didn't look like freedom, no lights were on in whatever part of the house that was. So you went left, every step shooting pain through your abdomen. I feel like I'm playing the last of us all over again. 

At least there were lights on in that direction as you made it to...a living room? Shit this place is huge. Your toes spread and grasped at the soft hall rug until it turned into wood. Is...is this heat? Might, you have heated floors? You got it like that? 

Your stealth mission brought you by a kitchen and what you hoped was the front door was now in sight. Yes. YES. It is! Those are my shoes! You were excited to be so close to the outside. For it's cold crisp embrace, dammit you were sweltering in here and that cold just might do something for that fever. You made it, taking that little step down you picked up your shoes by their sides. You reached up for the bolt and unlocked the door, fingers grasping the knob.

"Where exactly are you going?"

OHSHITOHFUCK. You nearly jumped out of your skin at the booming of you know whose voice.

"Heeeeeey, buddy." You turned slowly on the balls of your feet, Might standing a few feet away, arms crossed. You laughed nervously. "Thanks for helping me out back there." You shrank as he approached, crouching down in front of you. 

"I um...I didn't want to wake you so I was just going to head on home and send you an edible arrangement." Why is he so big? Why am I just now really noticing this? Even while crouched, he still towered over you. "Mm?" The hero with an eyebrow raised, leaned in just a bit closer. "I actually dislike them, the fruit's always warm."

"Eheh." You broke eye contact. 

"You still haven't told me where you're going."

"Yes I did. I'm go-"

"Truthfully."

AND. I. OOP. "Well, yeah, about that. So, I live just around the corner." Bitch, you don't even know where you are. Might nodded. "Oh, around the corner? Alright." He pulled out his phone. "Mhm and I'll be there in no ti-"

He turned the screen to you. "Wha-?" Your brows furrowed as you skimmed. "Cherry..."

"She cares about you very much." Might looked back over the message. "So much that she'd steal my number from your phone while you weren't looking to help you." You turned away, staring holes into the floor. "Why didn't you say anything?" You shook your head, Might took hold of your chin. "Look at me."

"I'm sorry." You wiped your tears before they could fall and looked to him. "I don't want you to apologize, you don't have to. When I asked what was bothering you so deeply, I would've hoped you could trust me with something like this."

"It's not that I don't trust you." You shook your head. "I trust you, Might, I do. I just didn't want to bother you. I-"

"You're not bothering me." He ran his thumb over your cheek. "I promise."

You sniffed. "I'm sorry." You broke eye contact. "Stop apologizing." He scooped you up. "I can walk." You tried to rock out of his grip as he walked back to the room you escaped from. "Put me dow-ACHOO!" You grabbed your side, wincing. "Bless you, but I can't do that." He denied while striding in. A lamp was turned on, allowing you to see the chair that was sat right next to the bed. Oh he definitely saw me get up.

"The bathroom is right over there," he pointed with his head as he set you down, "I put a few things in there if you want to go get cleaned up." You nodded, turning to the cracked door on the far wall. "Alright."

"I'll be out here if you need anything." He said quietly and turned to leave the room.

You peered into the bathroom. Shit...it's bigger than my old apartment. You saw the new toothbrush and toothpaste sitting next to the sink on top of a t-shirt and...leggings? You unfolded them. Compression leggings... and it looks like he must have shrank them. You took a deep breath, pulling off your shirt and tossing it into the washing machine behind you, doing the same with your bottoms. You threw in two of the detergent pods he had nearby and started the cycle.

Who the hell was that in the mirror? Looking past the giant bruise covering your stomach and busted lip, who the hell was she? The dark circles and droopy eyes stared back at you. Red tinted from the fever you ran, you looked like shit in general. I get it, Might. I'd be hurt too. You shook your head, looking over yourself as the bathwater ran. I get it, Cherry.

So, you took your time and gave yourself some overdue tlc.

By the time you were finished it was approaching 5am. You stepped quietly down the hallway, following the sound of rhythmic rattling. You peeked into the kitchen, Might stood shaking a blender cup in one hand and looking at his phone in the other. "Hey." You rasped. "Hello." He set his phone down. "Think you could take one of these for me?" He handed you a pill bottle followed by a bottle of water. "What are they?"

"It's a cocktail for all of your symptoms."

"Oh..." you popped one and chased it with water. "Hungry?" Might asked, still shaking the cup. "Not really."

"I had a feeling. How do you like protein shakes?"

"I don't like the vanilla ones, they're too bland." You answered, his shaking slowed to a stop. "That's too bad."Your eyes cut from him to the shake...to the door. 

"Don't." He pointed at you, your eyes telling him you weren't listening. "I-" you took off down the hall. Bare feet pattering against the hardwood. "Wai-Come back!" Might fumbled behind you. "No!" You took a sharp turn into the room, glancing over you shoulder. "Wh-OOF!" You ran into something solid, Might reaching out to catch you by the arm before you could fall back. "That's cheating." You rubbed your cheek where you made contact. "Hardly." He popped the cap and handed the bottle to you. "Drink up."

You managed to stomach the tasteless shake. Lying down soon after, Might insisting he stay with you in case you couldn't keep everything down. That's weird but okay. You gave your soft goodnights and tried to rest. You lied on your back, the lamp long ago turned off leaving you swallowed in darkness. You stared at the ceiling. This resting thing was not working. "Hey, Might?" You spoke up.

"Yagi." What? "Yagi Toshinori." WHAT?

"...Yagi Toshinori." You repeated. "What a wonderful name."