Pomegranate

-- hey y'all! i really can't explain how excited i am for this right now. these past chapters have been the build for something i've been marinating for the longest time. i've got the bones and now i'm adding muscles and skin and all that other good stuff, so i'll be posting more frequently/ sporadically. buckle. up. much love to you all! 💖💖--

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Tauros asked, seeing you sway a little too happily while munching on the pomegranate he gave you. You sat at the bar waiting on him to finish the drinks one of your tables ordered. "Hm?" You swallowed quickly. "Oh, I've just been having a good day, that's all." You answered, biting into another wedge from your red stained fingertips. A sly smile crept across his cheeks. "Cherry told me there's this guy-"

"Ugh!" You rolled your eyes hard. "Easy now." Tauros chuckled and leaned in, motioning for you to do the same. "What?" You said coming closer. "She told me about that 'joke'." Oh no. "You said it was All Might you were texting. You weren't joking, were you?"

Slowly, you pulled back and shook your head. "I wasn't. It sounds hard to believe, right?"

"Damn near unbelievable." Tauros gave an unsure chuckle. "I know...Don't say anything to her, or anyone actually." Damn was this getting hard. "I'd like it to be a surprise if she ever meets the 'he' I've told her about."

"She's gonna shit her pants." Tauros laughed. "I knoooow!"

"How long have you been...?" He let you fill in the blank. "We're not." You shrugged. "Okay." The bartender let out a sigh of relief. "I was just wondering...worried, because of that whole thing a while ago."

"Oh I totally get it!" You waved it off. 

"Can't have you on a hit list for being the 'other woman'."

"That would make for such a good drama though!" You grinned. "She found love in another country." You swiped one hand through the air dramatically. "He found love right here at home." You swiped the other. "How will they cope? Do they still love each other?" You clutched your invisible pearls. "Find out on the series premiere of A Lost Love's Lover's Quarrel."

"The title needs work." Tauros snorted. "I don't know, I think it was pretty good." Antarcticite slid in next to you, their order handed over to Tauros. "Thank you, Anta. That was fresh off the dome." You shot them an appreciative look and leaned in just a bit, goosebumps raced up your arms and covered your neck as you closed quarters. "Are you feeling okay?" You touched their shoulder. "You're colder than usual."

"I'm fine." They nodded, you noticed they had become darker under the eyes as well. "The weather's changing, and so am I."

"Ooooh." You nodded in understanding. "Quirk stuff."

"Yup." They looked at the television above Tauros's head. "That guy is everywhere, isn't he?" You looked to see what they were talking about. "Yeah he his." Might would have an advert on the importance of dental hygiene. You snickered. 'A Message from the Japan Dental Association' splayed across the bottom of the screen in big white lettering. I think I may hold off on texting him tonight, he sounded so tired when I called this afternoon.

"Oh no! I'm sorry, Might! Did I wake you?" Of course the hero wouldn't answer your question. Your panicky voice, frazzled at the thought of you disturbing his rest. Yes, you woke him up, but he didn't mind. You got the point, quickly thanking him for your lunch and apologizing for calling at the time. You had to wait until you clocked out.

"I have to go to work now, sorry again."

"Work? You just left, didn't you?" His voice rolled like the tides in his fatigue.