Surreptitious

--hello! if you listen to the spotify playlist for this fic, it's been updated! i added four and a half hours of music, happy listening🤗. much love💖💖--

You only half paid attention to what you were doing as you stumbled through the front door, snatching your shoes off with one hand and reading Nakamura's explanation with the other. The good news was you still knew how to do math and no one was going down for embezzlement, he'd forgotten to inform you where to look once a month. Of course you did.

It least it made sense that's he'd forgotten. You were hired and trained on crunch time. You sighed in relief, content on making an early trip to finalize everything the following morning. With a quick round of the home, you realized you were alone. So much for a few days off.

You made it to the towers earlier than usual, only there to do one thing and leave. The longer you stayed, the more likely you'd be asked something. In and out. You repeated mentally, on the edge of your chair while you poked around the computer for what you were looking for. Found... You squinted lightly at the numbers attached to...Addresses? Man has hoes in different area codes?

You copied and pasted what you needed over to the spread sheet, then allowed the rest to autofill and turn green and black. That's done.

Too curious for your own good, you typed one of the addresses into your phone. Head tilting as it hadn't pulled up what you were expecting. An old real estate site listing maybe, but not that. You typed in the next three, seeing they were a part of the same entity. One of them is close... wouldn't hurt to look. The goal had been to get in the vehicle and go, follow the gps to where you desire, see everything you wanted to, and go back home.

Plan didn't go as follows.

You ended up sitting there in the driver's seat for hours reading article after article on a topic you thought you were privy to, but learned you hardly knew surface level. You sniffed and set the phone down for a moment. So there are two that are close by...okay. You started up the car and drove off.

"And then what?"

"Huh?" Your attention snapped up. "And then what happened?" Your mother's voice came from your earbuds. "You zoned out on me."

"Oh...then I found out All Might has a few orphanages and programs to help those children succeed well into adulthood; adopted or not."

"I had no idea." Your mother hummed. "Neither did I...I uhm, took a tour around one." You admitted sheepishly. "How'd you pull that off?" She asked, disbelief in her voice. "I...flashed my elitist key card and told them I was new and just stopping by to see if they needed anything." You sighed. "That may or may not come back to bite me in the ass."

"Probably will." It was like you could see her shrug with acceptance.

"Not helping." You puffed.

"What? I don't need my quirk to tell you that."

"Anyway. I couldn't stay long, I was getting the urge to adopt." You continued.

"I don't know about that."

"Yeah, I'm sure my roommate wouldn't appreciate coming home to a 'Haha, look what I did. We're parents now. Lol I'm so quirky!'"

"How to be a single mother in three easy steps." Her voice was cut off by your cackling, taking a moment to wipe a tear from your eye. "That child support would go crazy, not gonna lie." You mumbled. "Uh huh, right.... How is he by the way?"

"I'm assuming he's alright. Haven't seen him in a day and a half."

"And you just haven't....?" The look on her face. I can see it. You thanked yourself inwardly that you hadn't opted for a video call. "Oh no, like he's home, just in and out so much I haven't really seen him. He's out at the moment, I know for sure because he would have said something about all the noise I've been making."