Chapter III: Anubia

--i missed y'all so much. i'm sorry it took me so long to get back, hopefully i'll be on a regular posting schedule now. but uh👀y'all really just doubled the view count while i was gone like it was nothing omg. so happy that you guys are enjoying and welcome to all the new readers. currently, i'm trying to go through my notifications and thank all of the new faces who added TiaT to their reading list and/or voted. wattpad's algorithm has a cap on posts unfortunately, so if you haven't seen me on your profile yet...i am on the way lol. one more thing! as of 9/22 it will have been a year since i started writing TiaT and damn has it grown so much since then and posting in march. anyway, just thought i'd share that. i love you all and welcome to chapter 3💖💖-- 

Yo

What's got you up so early firstborn?

I'm just up I guess...

Alrighty....what's on your mind?

Nothing...I got good news tho

What is it?

I have a place to stay🎊

Fanfuckingtastick. How?

I'm rooming with a friend

Maybe better employment soon too...still tbd 😅

When'd all this happen?

Moved in "officially" not too long ago

I just haven't had a chance to tell you with all this stuff going on

I understand love.

Are they nice? Is it one you've asked me about?

I haven't...they're new

New?

Trustworthy! Extremely! You'd like them

Uh huh. Give me a call then

Why?

I wanna hear your voice

It's quiet in here... don't want to wake him

Sure. So what else are you hiding?

I'm not tho

But you are

I'm not

Then why didn't you call when you could talk?

I wanted to talk to you now DUH

Mhm. You've asked ONE question.

I mean....

Doesn't work through txt yet you're being cautious

🙄 mama

You know I just want you safe

Especially with all the shit happening

Yeah

Tell you what. Give me a few days and I'll call you and fill you in as much as I can

You need to do that now lmao

You right but I wanna learn some stuff first

Gotta get a feel for where I am so I can tell you the right stuff

🤔🤔 promise to call me

I p r o m i s e. Until then, can you promise me privacy?

You set your phone down in your lap and rubbed the sleep from your eyes, shutting them tight as the long list of errands scrolled through your mental, pushing aside the worry of mother dearest snooping. So much shit to do today. You puffed, waiting on a reply when there was a shuffling to your right.

"You alright?" Came Yagi's voice. "Mhm." You nodded, opening your eyes to the read receipt on your screen. "You were mediating," he started in a questioning tone, "for a while."

"Was I?" You finally turned to him from your cross legged position on the floor. "About two hours." It's too early for those bright ass colors, dude. You glanced over him in his costume. Even in the early, dimmed light  that seeped through your window, his stark reds and yellows assaulted your eyes.

"Damn." You snorted and yourself up onto your feet. "You headed out, big guy?" You asked in a stretch, joints sounding off like fresh popcorn. "I am." Yagi nodded. "I'll walk you out." You offered, heading in his direction.  "Hm?" He pushed off the doorframe. "That's a first."

"Because I'm awake." You shot finger guns, exiting the room behind him. "Ditto." Your eyes fixated on his swaying cape, following him down the hall. "Oof." You grabbed your chest, coming to his side as you approached the door. "Today's different though." You turned away to yawn. "How so?" Yagi glanced at you, stepping down into the genkan.

"Throwing a house party, I gotta make sure you're gone." A grin tugged at the corners of your mouth as your feet found their place in your slippers. "I'm not even invited?"

"Nope." You opened the door, motioning for him to leave. "Shoo."

"Ouch." He chuckled, taking a step out. "I'll save you some food." You offered, pulling your sleeves down to cover your hands. "You're so generous." Yagi stood farther out in the frost, its soft crunch underneath his boots joining your conversation.

Your form mimicked one of his previous, as you rested on the door frame. Arms wrapped around yourself to hide your fingertips from the prickling cold. "I try." His expression changed a bit, the soft smile of his dropping into a thin line before he asked: "Will you be alright today?"

"Yeah." You nodded confidently. "I've got errands to keep me occupied."

Yagi was still, understandably, shook from your early disappearance a few mornings ago. Def should've woke him up...live and learn.  He shuffled, moving to take a step closer with an open palm slightly outstretched in an invitation. "I can come back early if you need-"

"How generous." You mocked, kindly refusing. That soft smile returned only halfway with his sigh. "I'll be okay, Yoshi." You gave a thumbs up. "I'll call you if anything changes? Are you alright with that?"

"Yes," he nodded. "Thank you."

"Thank you for caring." You pointed at him for a moment, your finger then tracing to the sky. "Go give some villains a scare." Toshi hummed in agreement, you watched as he crouched down. "See you later."

"Bye, Yoshi." You waved lightly as he took off. Bits of ice shooting up behind him only to fall slowly back to the ground. You sighed,cocking your head back to check the time on the wall. "Two hours, huh?" Looking back over the yard, through the few trees at the sunrise, you took in the view before sliding back inside from the cold. You glanced at your phone as it vibrated in your hand.

I trust you and I love you. So I will wait on you.