Hey Jewelii!

"Well, that's not good." You read over your work email while in the store, picking up a few things for the get-together. Another declination came in. It was like everyone you reached out to was already going or unavailable. It's giving wattpad. You stuffed your phone back in your pocket and continued shopping, holding out hope for the last two that hadn't replied yet.

The clock was ticking. Eleven days ahead of time and ten invites were sent, and you were holding on to dregs of hope the early morning of the gala.

Shit

Another fucking no. This one wasn't even in the country. On the other hand you had a message come in from an unsaved number. A friendly greeting from someone you knew, asking you to swing by their shop. That wasn't a problem, you were just about done with your shopping anyway.

You remembered that soft chime as you pushed the door open. It was welcoming like no other.

That very first time you walked in, it was quiet. A kind greeting came from somewhere you couldn't see. The tailor's shop was modest on the outside and on the inside, lined with fabrics of all colors and textures. High afternoon sun pouring from the windows pulled your attention to a roll of uncut fabric that grabbed the sun's rays just right. 

"How can I help you?" Caught you off guard, your fingertips just barely brushing over the textures before you. You turned, a tall dark skinned man looked at you with eyes the color of storm clouds. His fitted suit not stealing the show from his hair. Oh, how obsessed you became in a matter of seconds. Bright blue locs that were knotted at his crown, clear and shiny, refracting spots of blue around the shop. You snapped out of it. "Oh, I-"

"Are you here for a suit? A dress maybe? Alterations?" He piled on without pausing to breathe.

"No-" You shook your head.

"Why not? We need to change that."

"I'm just here to meet someone." Your hands came up shyly. Might's head popped around the corner soon after. "You came?" He cleared his throat. "You're here! Jewels, she's with me."

"Really?" He half turned to the hero, hand on his chest with fingers spread wide before turning his smirk to you.

"Jewelii." Having walked up to you, he extended his hand. You took his hand, introducing yourself. "Jewelii..." You nodded. "I heard you got that drip?"

He grinned. "I got something for your wrist."

"Are you two speaking in code?" Might chimed. Jewelii looked over his shoulder to him. "I like her."

"She's got that effect on people."

"Jewels!" You called as you entered his shop again. "Back here." He called back, you closed the door behind yourself and followed his voice to his work area. He stood bent over his drafting table, one palm spread against material samples and the other wrapped around a pen, paused. "How goes it?" You asked, peeking over what he'd done. Jewel shook his head, eyes boring into his sketchbook. His locs were down and splayed across his back and shoulders, a few tucked behind his hair. 

"That's cute." You motioned at his sketch, standing by his side. "It's getting on my damn nerves." He sucked his teeth. "What's wrong with it?" You didn't see the problem. "It looks like everything else." Jewels shook his head. "Yeah, well a lot of fashion looks like everything that was out before it. Just make it look like you made it."

"Wonderful advice." Jewels rolled his eyes, you puffed. "Look." You leaned your hip against the table, pointing over the figure. "If I were you, I'd make the pants taper at the ankle and high waisted. Ditch the blouse and do one of those chain thingies." You motioned over your chest. "You know what I'm talking about?"

"No?" He stood straight, still looking at his book, a blue loc of his dropping from behind his ear. "Um." You pulled out your phone and did a quick image search, turning the screen to him. "OH." He nodded. "Okay, okay. That makes sense. What else?" You looked over the samples on the table, taking up one with an elaborate pattern. "Line the jacket with this, I don't think it matters what color you choose."

"I see the vision."

"Maybe a hat." You continued.

"You're doing too much now."

"Oop, alrighty then." Or not.

Jewelii took up a long box that rested not too far from his drafting hand. "He didn't say anything about a tie, so I chose one for him."

"Nice." He handed it over to you. "I'll be happy to give this to him."

"Is he getting ready?" Jewels raised a brow in your direction. "I'm assuming he is?" You raised a brow in mocking. "You want me to ask?"

"No," Jewels shook his head. Sighing, he pulled his locs back. Swaying as he gathered them together. "He's always been so slow getting to galas." The tailor said through teeth that bit down on the hair tie around his wrist, one hand struggling to support the weight of his hair. "I had hoped," It popped, falling to the floor. "Shit."

"Here." You stood straight, hands out, he turned his back to you. "I had hoped since he was going with someone new he'd pick up the pace." Jewels explained while you used some of his locs to secure the others in a ponytail. "To make a good impression." You nodded. "Uh, no. So the world can see my work. On time." Jewelii said proudly.

"Of course." You stepped back, having finished. "Did the dress need any alterations? The plus one never got back to me." Jewels questioned, looking over his shoulder before turning to you completely. "I guess it didn't." You shrugged. "I know she likes it, she's wearing it with her new gala date."

"Come again?" Jewelii brought his hands together. You raised your hands halfway. "What can I say? She wants to date Hotshot."

"A hot shot who?" Here we go again.

"No, his name is Hotshot."

"Like the bug spray? Is he an exterminator? He be out here fighting bugs for the greater good or somethin'?"

"Jewelii, please." You fought a laugh. "You cannot be serious. Say you're fuckin' with me. Right now." Gray eyes narrowed at you. "I'm not gonna lie to you, Jewels." You sighed out. "So my art is just going to be beside some new kid? Who fights bugs?"

"I mean, if we're being honest, that dress wasn't your best work." You fought a wince, telling him your opinion. "Well that's because I didn't like her vibes." Jewelii shrugged. "Okay, so it's all good then? You're good." You gave two thumbs up. "No, who's he going with now and who dressed them." The tailor shot your two thumbs down.

"No and one." You snorted. "Don't make me fight you. Please don't." He pinched the bridge of his nose, a frown pulled harder at his lips with each passing second. "I mean, I'm waiting on someone to accept the offer but no one has yet."

"The gala is today!" He grabbed you by the cheeks. 

"No shit, Jewelii! There's still two who haven't replied so-"

"Why don't you go?! I can make-"

"I can't, I have plans."

"Fuck your plans." He shook your head with each syllable. "Um, okay, ow." You scrunched your brows. "He's wearing your brand, bestie, and so is the hottieshottie."

Jewelii let an abrupt laugh push through his frown. "What did you just say? Hottieshottie?"

"I don't remember her name, Jewels, I had to come up with something."