Sojourn

Phone gripped in his hand, Yagi's lips pressed into a frown, eyes lost in thought until he shook it off. He set it down away from the both of you while you sat up. "What was that about?" The blonde shook his head. "Are you alright?" He pulled you closer by the arms until you were pressed against his chest. "What'd they say to you?"

The ominous they. They called you looking for him because he wasn't responding. "A few unsavory things." You sighed out. "I've heard worse, it just caught me off guard."

"I know, but-"

"You never greenlit the response to the UN, to the hero commission. Why?"

"It's always bullshit. I mean every time. There's some...dumbass who tries making deals with the wrong people. Attempts to blackmail the wrong person and they end up neck deep in shit."

"And then you get a summons?"

"Depends on how bad the shit smells."

You snorted. Moving to look up at him, your chin pressed into his collar bone. His head shook slightly, a frown grazing his lips while he looked elsewhere. "I'm serious. You'd think that these people would have just a smidgen of common sense."

"Damn, Tosh, tell me how you really feel."

"An ounce? A grain, a drop? A multi trillion dollar government organization and somehow, somehow intelligence screenings never came up."

"Don't tell me you work for a bunch of smooth brains."

"I work for a fuckton of smooth brains."

"Damn."

"I know they eat crayons. I can feel it." The hero sighed, a hand of his rubbing your back before he looked down at you. "Come with me."

"That was the plan until we were interrupted."

"To clean up this mess."

"And do what? Answer a few emails in between writing a report on what's happening?"

"You couldn't come with me that far."

"Ah, so kick back on the sidelines. I'll drink a few mimosas while you're off fighting your 'redacted's' and 'data expunged's'." You rolled your eyes. 

"If that's what you want. I'll find you somewhere with a nice view and great cell service."

"You know I wouldn't sit still."

"I trust you."

"Who told you to do that?" Your hands rose, cupping his cheeks against your palms. He leaned into one, turning slightly to press his lips against your skin. "You did. You show me that I can."

"Silly. You silly goose, you're so silly." You tried to smile. "I mean it." Yagi pushed.

"I bet you do, but you know they'd have a coronary if you brought me along."

"They don't have to know." He said through a confident snicker.

"Toshi..."

"Let me go see what they want. It shouldn't take long." His hands gently removed yours as he removed himself from the couch. Tongue pinched between your front teeth, you fought the urge to beg him not to go. Just make them wait a few more minutes. You sighed, watching him disappear into the hall, just for him to peek back in and say "Take the rest of that off." while motioning at your bottoms. "All of it."

"Okay but it's cold." You moved to your room. Palms rubbing your arms, you brought your knees into your chest and sheets over your bare form to trap any heat you could. You glanced at the time. How damn long did they plan on keeping him.