Snag

Fingers bitten from the cold, your eyes opened slowly. Staring down at your folded hands in your lap, as snow gathered on your lashes. You inhaled the smell of incense long burned out. "I promised I'd tell you what happened, so here it goes."

The sun was high and blinding when you finally awoke. You flung an arm over your eyes to shield them from the intruding light, pulling the covers over your head and turning towards the far wall. Wait... Your eyes shot open, the soft blue of the sheets illuminated from the morning sun...afternoon sun. 

You sat up quickly, fumbling around for your phone. There it is...shit. 67 missed calls. Most from your mom. She had been blowing your phone up. Your gaze caught the date as you scrolled through what seemed like an endless amount of notifications. "I've been out for days..." You sighed deeply, calling her back. There was barely a ring when she picked up. "WHERE ARE YOU?" She began to choke up. "Mama I-"

"NO! WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK UP?"

"I-"

"I! I SAW YOU HURT! I SAW YOU IN PAIN SO MANY TIMES, BABY GIRL, TELL ME YOU'RE ALRIGHT."

"I'm okay! Mama, I promise I'm alright!" You tried to console her. "I got into a scuffle but I'm alive."

"Scuffle? Wh-"

"It's been handled. I was comatose all this time. I'm so sorry, mama. I never meant to put you in distress."

"I..." she tried to get her breathing under control. "Where were you sleeping?"

"I'm with a friend. I'm safe...I'm safe." Your eyes wandered to the other side of the bed. Cold and empty. He must have gone to work.

An hour long scolding and you could tell she still hadn't had enough. She'd seen you, with her quirk, just fine. Happy and healthy, not one hair on your pretty little head harmed plenty of times. It was the instances when you...She couldn't describe the atrocities she visioned. 

That's what scared her. What made her heart go thumping like a racehorse down the track. What sent her into a pleading frenzy, trying to contact the embassy about her missing child. You were fine, as far as you could tell, but damn was it hard explaining that over the phone.

Wiping the sleep from your eyes, a yawn escaped you. You knew it'd be a bitch to get up on those unused muscles. At least with the light, now you could see the room in its entirety. Big things for big people.

The bed itself was massive, that was deduced from previous banter. You noticed now it had spires, high with winding vines carved into them. Looking to your front, there was a mounted television. And chairs... Couches rather. 

You pushed off the mattress onto wobbling knees, moving over for a closer look. It's a pit. You ran a hand over the gray fabric of one of the arms. Two love seats and a couch sat one step down from the rest of the room. This is...You looked over the conversation pit to the bed. This is a lot. You found the closet, a door just to the right of the headboard. You shook your head, going into the bathroom.

Your clothes were dry. Better be, they've been sitting here for two days. You pulled them from the dryer and shoved the bed spread into the washer. You cleaned yourself up. Your lip and bruise had healed considerably. Would've been all they way if I'd eaten something. You sighed. 

From the time you woke to the time you stood in the living room, Yagi was nowhere to be seen. Nowhere in view. I'm not snooping around his house. You tried calling him, it went straight to voicemail. Definitely working.