Bloom

Damn, it is warm. You thought, entering the cafe. But why is it called Bloom if there are no flowers in sight? A host greeted you immediately upon entering. You informed them you were there to meet someone, so you didn't need your own table. Your eyes scanned the dining area until-

Can't be. You swallowed a laugh.  Is that a bun? "Right over there." You informed the host, motioning in Might's direction. They nodded and said they'd be over momentarily after you were seated.

You snuck up on him from behind, soft tapping coming from the laptop on the table surface as he worked. Your hands shot to cover his eyes, being careful not to smudge the glasses he had on. "Guess who." You cheesed. "I wonder." Might chuckled, moving to pull your hands down. 

"That's wrong." You moved them yourself. 

"What?" Your focus had shifted to his screen. "That." You leaned forward, reading over the spreadsheet and pointing at the incorrect set of digits. "This too." You pointed with your pinky on the opposite side of the screen. 

Might's eyes shot from the sheet to you, your head shaking lightly and your brows furrowed. "Noooo, no if you do this all your shit will be in the red." You scrolled up, apologizing briefly for invading his space. You read over the other numbers, correcting and moving decimals. "What is this? Marketing?" You asked, while typing. "It looks like marketing's numbers."

"It is. How do you know-"

"Guess who dabbled in this when there was no director of claims." You bit your tongue in a grin, looking over what you'd done. "They work damn near identically...number wise of course. I could never be present during meetings but I would always make sure I could hear what was going on." You hit the enter key, watching the numbers autofil and turn green and black. "Always listened." The look you were receiving was...a new one, for lack of a better term. "What?" You lifted a brow. "Didn't I tell you that already?"

"You did not." Might sighed. "Oh, well do you have any older ones from claims?" You watched as he nodded, pulling up older spreadsheets. "This one," You pointed. " I think this was my last." You opened the folder and scrolled down to the bottom, pointing to a signatured footnote. "That's me."

"Well I'll be damned." Might rubbed his temple. "Should you even be doing this on an open network?" You questioned, standing up straight. Might shook his head, still in disbelief. "It's fine." You took a seat across from him. "We've got something to talk about." He closed his laptop. "Is it about the bitch biscuit and readers?"

"Excuse me, the what?" He sat forward, you stifled your giggle. "The readers." You motioned at the glasses he wore. "These aren't readers, they're blue light filtering." You snorted and let a smirk fly. "Okay."

"I didn't quite catch that first part." His eyes narrowed. "You said we've got something to discuss." You reclined, arms on the rests on either side of the chair. "We can start with that." He clasped his hands together in his lap, eyes on you even as the waiter brought you a menu and you thanked them. "I know we can." You smiled fully back. "Proceed, my good sir."

Might sat back, chin resting in an open fist, and read you. Straight in the eyes, damn. Your hands shot up to hide the laugh creeping up your throat, refusing to break eye contact. "I wanted some anonymity today." He said plainly, you snorted and rolled your eyes. "Nice one, Clark Kent."

"I'm serious." He let his head relax to one side. A hint of suspicion wiggled its way into your mind. You glanced around the dining area. There is a considerably larger number of people than usual. "Nah." You shook your head. "We're sitting next to a window." Might chuckled. "Nope." You pursed your lips, head shaking more violently. "On the first floor." He continued. "It's not..." you pinched the bridge of your nose. "It's not that easy."