Spare Time: Unveil

You inhaled that good ol' morning coffee aroma. "I'm done." You opened your eyes, staring back into Cherry's. "Already?" She mused. "Yeah, coffee." You nodded, pushing up from the floor of her aunts living room and moving to the kitchen. "If you don't feel good, then you need tea not coffee." She called behind you. "I'll drink some later." You said, pulling your mask down to expose the bottom half of your face.

"This is for heroes only." Suzuki blocked the coffee pot with his back to you as he poured his own mug. "HeRoEs OnLy." You mocked, reaching for a mug only for him to block that too. "Cherry!" You snatched up the cup anyway. "Suzuki's being a butt!"

"No I'm-!"

"Zuzu, share!" Cherry shot, you snorted. "This is bullshit." Suzuki rolled his eyes. "You could at least tell me your name." He was still on the subject. "You know my name." You smirked, pouring yourself a cup. "You know what I mean."

"Damn this is good." You took a sip. "Stop deflecting!" Suzuki snapped.

"What brand is this? It tastes fantastic black."

"Think so? I bought it from this shop back home an- wait! No! Tell me!"

"I'm gonna need another cup of this." You chuckled.

"That's why you never bring us to your place isn't it? You've got all your old hero shit just lying around, collecting dust."

"Shouldn't you be saving somebody?" You asked, eyeing his costume then turning to top off your mug. "Shouldn't you?" With his arms crossed tightly over his chest, he leaned over your shoulder. "Shouldn't you be asking Ch-"

"Sshh!" His hand shot over your mouth, your grin fighting back ferociously. "I'm-" Suzuki shot a glance over his shoulder, Cherry deepening in her meditation. "I'm asking tonight, okay?" He whispered. "About time." You replied even softer. "You've been carrying it around for days."

"I had to get some things together." He pulled back, exhaling deeply and smoothing out his costume. "Are these new?" You poked the orange shoulder pads. "These look new."

"Zuzu don't be late for patrol!" Cherry called from the living room. "I won't be! I'm just about done."

"Want this?" He offered his untouched drink. "I'll take it." He nodded, heading to the mother of his child. "Still on for tonight?" He leaned down to place a kiss on her cheek. "Of course." She pressed her forehead against his. "Ew." You gagged. "You're halfway there." Cherry stuck out her tongue. "I don't know what you're talking about." You downed the rest of your mug. "Of course she doesn't." Suzuki rolled his eyes once more. "I'll see you later." He said before standing straight. "Stay out of trouble." He pointed at you. "No promises." You shrugged, waving him off as he exited into the snowy outside.

"So what's happening tonight?" You plopped down near Cherry, pulling your mask back up. "Two things." She held up a finger. "We're going to look at a few houses in Shimoda this afternoon." She put up another. "Then we're going out for dinner."

"I see." You pinched your chin. "Do you think you could get me to the station?" She asked. "Yeah! You know that's no problem."

"Thanks!" She grinned. "But speaking of food." Cherry piped. "Do you mind...?"

"What are you craving?" You threw your head back against the seat of the couch. "Hamburger steak!" She declared with a clap. "And what else?" You stood up, patting yourself down for your keys. There they are. You pulled them from your hoodie pocket. "A milkshake!"

"Ma'am, it is snowing outside." You laughed, Chery shrugged. "Still want it."

"Then I will get it." You curtsied lightly and turned for the door. "Be back soon." You said sliding out.

Alright, who's got good hamburg steak around here? You scrolled through your options on your phone as you hopped in your car. "That looks good." You decided on a spot and went to start up.

Click click click.

Excuse me? You tried again.

Click click click.

"No fucking way." You turned at the ignition again.

Click click click.

"It can't be the battery, I just got a new one-" You flopped back. "Fuck...did they cut my car?" Shaking your head in disbelief, you called up your dealership.

No, your partial payment would not suffice this time. Yes, they understand you just bought a battery from them. No, again, they wouldn't accept your partial payment. A tow truck was on the way. Fuck....FUCK. "Then I, in the politest way I can put this, need you to run me my fucking money that you will not accept." Rude? Yeah, but it's not like you'd be doing business with them anymore. You hung up, wiping forcefully at tears that stung your eyes. "Dammit!"

You tried your best to clean up your expression before walking back inside. "What's wrong?" Cherry leaned forward. So much for that. "I-" the sound of you gripping and releasing your keys rapidly in anxiousness filled the house. "I have to tell you something."