Book II Chapter I: Discountenanced

--be honest, when you saw that did you think it said discontinued? has it been a year? i think it has, i honestly stopped counting the days after a while. but i missed you. and i can say pretty confidently the fanfic author curse is real. like god damn, im better off writing an autobiography over the past few months than trying to summarize it here. like, ya girl is traumatized. if you came back, i love you. if you couldn't hang(you won't even see this fr) i love you. new folks? i love you too. welcome to book two 💖💖--

He kept giving you a look. Goddammit, why did this guy have so many looks? This one, it wasn't nice... it wasn't mean either. Something for the catalog nonetheless. Your head popped up from your pillow. The crisp air trickling in from your slightly opened window prickled at the cheek that was once so warm on the cushion. You peered over the mountain of blankets you'd yet to put away after laundry, their warmth was just too inviting not to be under.

There was that look again. Blue eyes peering back at you from the doorway of your room. You looked at him over your soft mountain and he looked back at you. And you looked at him, and he looked at you, and you loo-

"What's wrong?" You bit your lip, stifling a laugh. Yagi's eyes narrowed just barely. He said nothing, obviously waiting on you to say something snarky or just downright out of pocket. "Is it because I'm in the same spot you left me in this morning?"

He scoffed. "You know what the fuck you did."

You couldn't stop the cackle that erupted from your throat.

"You think this shit's funny?" His brows raised and mouth pursed into a thin line. "It's hilarious!" You teehee more, hiding your smile with one of the many available blankets. "Why'd you do it?" He put his hands on his hips. A little sassy, a little pissed parent vibes emitted from him. "It's good press." You said coolly, and for the most part, unfazed.

"Bullshit. Tell me why you did it." His eyes pierced your soul. You shrugged; a little something to set him off mayhaps. 

"I dunno. Silly goofy mood I guess."

"Peach..."

"Call it payback. Would that make you feel better?"

"Payback for what?!" Yagi's face contorted in wild confusion. "You know what the fuck you did." You mocked him. "Is this about me eating your sandwich?!" His shoulders dropped.

"No but... thanks for the reminder. I'll be sure we circle back to that."

"Don't talk to me like you're clocked in." The hero pointed an accusatory finger. You scoffed, propping your chin in your palm. "Or what?" Yagi huffed with all the annoyance he could muster after a day filled with villains that felt just too damn long. "Tell me what I did so we can get to why you did what you did."

"You know what you did. Why don't you take another guess?" You said smugly, determined to put up this unnecessary fight in an otherwise lovely evening.

"How about you just humor me?"

"No. No, I don't think I will."

"Why?!" Might's brow's furrow hard.

"Because you know that I know that you know what you did and what you're doing."

The hero huffed again, pacing a few steps back and forth in the hall outside your room. Your eyes trailed him, the sun's setting rays catching his hair and turning the blond strands gold. "You look pretty right now, no cap."

"HUH!?" His feet stopped their rhythmic thud against the hallway runner as Yagi halted to look at you. 

You shrugged again. 

He nearly stormed in, cape whipping behind him like there was a sudden gust of wind. Why is it doin' tha- He walked straight up to the edge of your bed, looking down his nose at you while you lied there like nothing was wrong, looking right back up at him.

"You're cute when you're discountenanced."

"Do NOT-" He paused to take a deep breath and kneeled down in front of you. "Stop that." The blond cradled your face in his hands, forcing you to look at him as he brought his closer to your own. As much as you know he wanted to be angry, when his eyes met yours you saw a smidgen of amusement. Yagi took another breath before he spoke. "First you volunteer my time, my effort, my voice for the Mario movie-"

"As Bowser, yes."

"And now you're using the word of the day against me. I told you that in confidence."

"Mmmmmm that's not-"

"In confidence that you wouldn't use it against me."

"It's okay. Sometimes I even get phrases wrong."

"...Do you hate me?" His voice was soft.

"No." You snorted. His thumbs caressed your cheekbones while he searched through your eyes for something. "You're so dramatic." You said in a small sigh. Yagi's lips parted as if to say something but his brain told him otherwise.

"I'm going to fuck you through the mattress." His brain did not win that battle.

"What happened to hello? How are you?" Your eyes widened and your expression shifted from confusion to flattery and whatever the hell else in between within the matter of seconds. "Is that like a threat or...?" Your brows raised.

"I'm telling you." He said a bit too calmly as he let your face go. 

"I just made my bed so-" 

The blond wasn't listening to a single word you spoke, too busy unclasping his cape and belt. "Tell me why you did it. How did I upset you? Don't you fucking lie to me."

"You had me in the first half, not gonna lie. I almost felt bad and I almost told you." You said through a chuckle.

"Peach."

You sucked your teeth, looking up as you thought of the words you wanted to say. "So like... sometimes you wake me when you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night because you piss so loud."

"This is all because I piss loud?!" Yagi's voice raised in bewilderment. Flummoxed, if you will.

"Oh, nah. You know what you did."

"Peach, I swear to - UGH!"

"See and that's why I volunteered your services. You like saying peach so much, go ahead and get paid for it too. Sing that little ditty for the one time."

"Excuse me?"

"Peaches, Peaches, Peachespeachespeaches." You rocked your head with each syllable.

He stared at you blankly.

"It's a hit if you ask me. An absolute banger."

"I'm not asking." Yagi stood, beginning to remove the rest of his costume. You raised a brow at this "What are you-?"

"I told you I'm going to fuck you through the mattress."

"I just got my hair done, though so..."

"Can't wait to pull it."

"HUH?"

"I said I'll pay for it to get redone." He finally gave you a shrug in return. "What if I just washed these sheets?" You said, slowly sliding beneath your blankets in a terrible attempt to hide.

"Then get on the floor and I'll fuck you through the foundation. You're built tough, I know you can handle it."

"You gotta be genuinely disgruntled-"

"I am."

"-because you are so vulgar right now. Like this is the most you've sworn in a month." Only a bit of your face was visible now, surrounded by the bedding.

"You're so observant." Yagi moved to get on the bed, the mattress sinking under his weight and causing you to move towards him just a bit.

"...........Where yo clothes at? And why is it looking at me?"

"My observant little peach."