Drag

--hey! i've been writing a lot and i'm seeing this'll be a pretty long ride. just out of curiosity, would y'all like a separate book two? or would you prefer everything here and an upload with a book two cover? much love 💖💖--

Shit.

You bit your lip in frustration. Pen grasped tightly as you'd reverted back to doing math by hand on a nearby napkin. Eyes flicking between the numbers and the phone that sat on the table's surface as you sat tucked away in a corner booth, waiting on a reply from Nakamura. You huffed, scrolling through the spreadsheets on the laptop in front of you.

"What's wrong, scrub?" A voice came across from you, followed by the sound of someone's ass sliding into the other half of the booth. You glanced up at Tauros making himself comfortable. "Nothing," You shook your head, "Just work things."

"Couldn't get it all done at the office?" He brought his hands together, leaning in to listen. That was a polite way of putting it. Really, the longer you stayed, the more people saw you. The more people that saw you, the more questions you were asked and the more favors were alluded to. Not to be a dick, but I literally work for one person in this building. So when distractions became too much, you packed your things and left for the day. Residing at your second job before opening, hoping to get the rest of the day's work finished.

"Not that I couldn't get it done, I just needed space outside of the towers." You closed your laptop. "This, however, I think whoever sent this over may have forgotten a few bits of information."

"Math's not mathing." Tauros chuckled.

"The math's not mathing." You sighed in agreement. The nonabrasive way of putting that a few billion yen was somehow "lost" between what was spent and what was reported. Hopes were high as you messaged Nakamura. Waiting on him to explain what it was you missed, tell you it was nothing major, just a little hiccup on your part. Then everything will be fine and the records will be fine and just fine and just amazing-

"It must be bad, you zoned the fuck out in two seconds." Tauros waved a hand in front of your face. "It's so bad." You squeezed your eyes shut, throwing your head in your hands.

"On a scale of one to ten?"

"Twelve." You laughed nervously, attention being taken by a notification on your phone. Snatching it up, you were disappointed it wasn't who you were expecting but still welcomed the pop up nonetheless. At least I got paid. You opened the app. While someone is probably embezzl- Damn. Your head reared back or a moment before you snapped out of the initial shock, tapping around in your mobile bank before hitting send.

"Well, you seem busy." Tauros pushed up. No shit. "I'm sorry, dude. It's just a lot right now." You half explained. "No problem...hey," He pointed over his shoulder. "I'm going to grab a bite from Bon, you want me to bring you something?"

"Sure," You nodded, feeling your phone buzz two times too many in your palms. "Like a sandwich?"

"Can do." The bartender turned on his heel, leaving you alone like before. "Now what was-?" Brows furrowing at the 'transfer declined' message from the bank. You did the same again, moving to transfer money from one person to another, hitting send.

Why are you sending me money?

Dropped from the top of your screen.

Rent?

Transfer declined again. "Why are you declining me?" You hissed.