Lament

Fresh from the shower and with pajamas on, you moseyed out of your room and down the hall, a tall glass of water on your mind. Did I leave the tv on? You saw it as you came out of the hall. "Still up?" Yagi's voice caught your attention. "I should say that to you. It's four in the morning." You looked over to him, covered in his blanket and stretched out on the couch, his eyes were locked on the screen. "Can't sleep."

"So you're uh," You pointed lazily at the television. "You're watching the sparkly vampires?"

"I can't find the remote." He shrugged. "Ah." You nodded with pursed lips, not a fan of the tension in the air. Even with eyes that didn't meet yours, it still felt as though he was watching. Well, he's probably on edge from the ring so.... You opened your mouth to say something, closing it and going into the kitchen. "What is it?" Toshi called behind you. "I-" You sighed. It might not be the best idea, borderline foul actually- "I got something to put you to sleep." You came back around into view. "If you want, it's a drink." He threw a passive hand up. "I don't see why not." Say less. You made your way to the bar.

"I'm back." You rounded the corner coming from the den, a short glass and double shot in hand. Yagi sat up. "I thought you'd gotten lost."

"Ha ha." You stuck out your tongue. "This takes a while to make." You held up the shimmering purple drinks. "I thought you'd fancy the color."

"I do." He reached for the short glass. "Aht! That's mine." You pulled it away, bringing the shot glass forward. "This is for you."

"It looks like the same thing." He raised a brow. "It is." You affirmed, just barely rolling his eyes, Yagi took the larger cup anyway. "You're asking for it." You sighed, throwing the shot back with ease. "What is it?" He asked, holding the cup up towards the nearest light. "It's supposed to be a mixed double shot. My special." You answered. 

"Special?"

"Mhm. We've all got our own drinks at work. Cherry had 'cherry bomb', Bon has his 'elixir of delight', um," Your eyes wandered as you thought. "Tauros has 'raging bull' , Gum has 'the gumball machine', Anta's is 'twice iced' because it's only available in the winter-"

"And yours?" Toshi looked at you. "What did you name this? A siren's son-"

"Lament." You corrected before he finished. "This is 'siren's lament'." He mouthed an 'oh', turning back to the cup. You took the chance to pat at his leg, lifting the blanket and taking a seat as he made room.

You sat quietly enough for a while, watching the movie, that was until you felt a weight over your shoulders. "Toshi."

"Hm?" He jumped, pulling the cup from his lips. "What are you doing?" You eyed the arm on your shoulders. "Just making sure," He reached down and pulled the blanket higher on your form. "You're covered and warm."

"Uh huh." You clicked your tongue, deciding to play along as he pulled his arm away. You slid in closer, pressing your side against his. "It's easier to stay warm with someone else."

"It is." He rested that arm back.

Very warm as time passed. You glanced up at his profile, he didn't have much left but he definitely wasn't drinking it as fast anymore. "You drink pretty." You said softly, Yagi snorted. "What does that even mean?"

"Hm, it's like you're sitting at some bar, having a nightcap by your lonesome. You're casually looking around thinking: 'hm, I wonder what tall dark and handsome man is gonna take me home'."

"I," He chuckled. "I don't know how to reply to that." Finally a smile from him. "No?" You took a moment to think. "Ah! It means you're looking submissive and breedable. Keep it up." You felt him shake, a hand going to cover the smile that grew as he laughed bold from his chest. "Oh yeah, you're messed up. That shouldn't have been that funny." You pushed up to look at him, his head thrown back against the wall. "I am not." Yagi forced out. "You are though!" You balanced yourself with one hand on his shoulder. "You're glowing!" Your eyes widened at the flush that covered his face. "I'm not!"

"You are! Toshi, you're red!" You giggled. "You know, for the longest time I thought you were a white man-" That was it. The cherry on top that made his eyes squeeze shut, that laugh growing louder. "N-no you didn't!"

"I did! Toshi!" You poked his chest. "I didn't find out until I was working in claims." You tapped with every syllable. "Now look at you! You're doing the glow!" "Peach, p-please." He tried to calm himself.

"No!" You grinned. "You're smiling! Look at you! The first real one I've seen in days!" You grabbed hold of his cheeks, pushing his hand out of the way. "You're so messed up right now, I'm not even trying to be funny! Look at that grin!" You pulled at the corners of his mouth with your thumbs gently, your form rattling with his as he kept laughing. "Why didn't you accept the head, Toshi?!" You asked aggressively. "Peach, nooo!"

"Peach, yes! I am a personal assistant."

"PFFFT-"

"Let me assist you personally!" You pressed on. Yagi pushed up, biting back his laughter and eyes still shut. "S-stop." He set a hand on your side to push you off.

"NO!" You cackled. "N-no, plea-se. I have to get-" He gripped the arm of the couch, letting out a shaky breath. "I gotta go."

"OH!" You moved, falling back onto the couch.

You gave it some time, from hearing him giggle and bump walls on his way to the bathroom, until it went quiet. Too quiet for too long. "Toshi?" You pushed up and off the couch, going down the hall, towards the light that was emitting from what you knew would be his room. "Yoshi, are you alright?" You took those steps to his doors and peeped in.

Knocked the hell out.

You sighed, stepping in. "I told you it would put you to sleep." You looked over his form that just barely made it onto the bed. His head resting on his arms on the edge of the mattress, his hair somehow messied, torso against the bed's siding, and legs sprawled how they sought fit. "Damn." You looked over the size of his bed, walking over to a corner. I thought mine was big. You took hold of the sheets and pulled them back with enough room for the sleeping hero. You tapped him a few times, calling his name to receive no response other than the snore that could've shaken the house down. The next tap covered him in bubbles and you pulled him by the forearms into bed. The last tap popped them all as you covered him up.