Fortuity

You tried to shake those thoughts from your head as you jogged. The lovely therapy session from the night prior was still lingering on your mind. It even made your meditation a little difficult. Damn.

You took yourself up on the idea of jogging by the river to help clear your head at least a little. The sun hadn't started rising and the ground held a layer of mist that didn't pass your shins. Your path was illuminated by the yellowish tint of the lamp posts high above you. It was nice to enjoy the scenery before it began to fill with people. You adjusted the volume in your earbuds just before pushing into a sprint.

"New message from All Might." Your phone's AI spoke over your tunes. You slowed back into your original pace. "Read." You commanded after tapping the bud's touchpad.

What are you wearing?

"WHAT THE FUCK." You tripped over your feet, grabbing at the guardrail before you landed on your face. "Nah." You shook your head and stood up quickly. "I didn't hear that right." You snatched your phone from its arm band. "He didn't say that sh-"

There it was, clear as day. You blinked rapidly, your face twisting in disgust and fingers lighting up the keys in response.

CLOTHES. W H Y.

FUCKING HELL, DUDE. You stood with your hand on your hip, foot tapping impatiently while you waited on his reply. Please be joking. I'm not in the fucking mood for this.

I realize now that wasn't a good look.

I think I see you

You took a deep sigh of relief and clutched your invisible pearls.

Don't scare me like that

Purple leggings, black sweatshirt

With a gust of wind Might was at your side. "I apologize." He bowed, you nodded and clicked your tongue. "No worries, big guy." You gave his arm a reassuring pat. "What's up?" You asked as he stood straight. "I uh." The hero rubbed the back of his neck and pointed at the nearby hill. "I saw you from up there."

"Okay, stalker." You teased. "A coincidence I promise!" He held his hands up in innocence. "I was stretching after landing there."

"Uh huh." You smirked and crossed your arms. He is in joggers and a tank top. I'll let him have that. "What about you?" Might asked. "Just jogging." You answered

"Looked like running to me."

"Twenty second sprints, sir. I'm sure you know how those work." You leaned forward. "And if I didn't?" He replied. "I'd call you a liar."

"Ouch." Might chuckled. "Mind if I join you?"

"To...jog?" You lifted an eyebrow. All Might jogging? What would that even do for him? "I could keep you in time?" He offered. "That doesn't sound too bad." You nodded at the thought. "Okay."

The jogging was fine, what you didn't expecting was Might to set the pace of the sprints differently than what you were accustomed to. Ya'know, the norm for twenty second sprints. That was definitely thirty seconds. You thought slowing down. One stride for him was almost double for you and you could tell he was pushing you on purpose. Well, at least you didn't have to pay for a trainer. You distracted yourself from the burn with your music, unfortunately the song in particular just took you back to Bianca's predicament.

A hand set on your back. What? Your eyes shot to your side, Might was making sure you kept up with him. His form just a little ahead of you. "Sorry! I got lost in thought." You caught up, his palm retreating. "I'm surprised you're still going." He took a quick glance down to you. "What? How far have we gone?"