Equilibrium

What were you doing? Shit you weren't supposed to be, but that's okay. Who's gonna stop you? Yagi decided he was going to ignore his alarm and your insistent nudging to get him out of bed. Oh no, free reign.

You sat at your desk, trying your hand at making any connection between the deaths in Japan and what you were seeing in a few other places internationally. With the new cases added to your pile, you made a new spreadsheet and started peeling through them again.

A majority of them were emitters. Running in second were those that were quirkless. That would explain some of the shadier websites you came across debating if this was some kind of extermination plot. Pretty sure that's just to throw the authorities off. Mutations' numbers are a dangerously close third.

You puffed. Maybe if I could get a hold of quirk lineage...maybe quirk counseling records? There might be a similarity, that way we could get an ID on potential victims. You ignored the buzzing from your phone as you looked away from your personal laptop to your work computer, checking the time and refreshing your email. Not to be harsh, but the older victims' counseling might not be worth looking into, just because those counselors have more than likely passed by now... that's if they even kept notes.

Getting a hold of that info would be challenging. You hadn't confirmed that Yagi knew you went to one of the orphanages, you just used it to veer the conversation elsewhere. If he did, then he'd know if you used your stats like you did last time. I need someone else.

Not just anyone though. Your phone lit again. It'd be nice if I could find someone who doesn't talk to Tosh or just not fuck with him in gen- What is Endeavor doing?

You sighed. No, that might start some shit. I can think of someone, I know I can, I- You snatched your phone up, hearing it vibrate again. 

Where are you?

Are you getting food?

Come back to bed

Um, no

Why not?

It's almost 2pm, that's why

Midday nap

Yeah okay. Can you get up?

Do I need to?

You have a meeting in a little over an hour

Reschedule?

Are you serious?

Yes

Respectfully, no, I will not

I beg your pardon?

I will not be rescheduling your quarterly meeting for a third time. Your employees want to talk to you. 

Nighteye's pissy bc he's got an unusually large amount of work that I've taken your portion of and completed; and continue to do so as he sends them. 

The amount of documents you still need to e-sign or stamp is getting ridiculous. That includes the one for the UN from a month ago.

If you want me to schedule a vacation, I would be more than happy to do that for you, but since you are available now, you need to come in.