Conspectus

--so i deliver for doordash part time. how many of y'all could i have delivered to and we had no idea who we were upon meeting? i wonder🤔--

Mother

Child

I have procured the desired data

Have you now?

Yes!

Then call me

Oof i guess i can

She didn't give you enough time to hit call before doing it herself. You picked up. "Hello-"

"It's been more than 'a few days'! I'm not playing these games!" You muffled your cackle in the bend of your arm. Your laugh rocking you back on the living room couch. "Mama, chill!" You continued fighting your giggles. "I was gonna call, I just-"

"Goodmorning." Yagi came out of the hall, turning for the kitchen. "Goodmorning!" You chimed. "Who- is that him?" Your mom said softly. "What are you whispering for?" You snorted. "Last time you said you said you didn't want to wake anyone."

"Yeah, that was last time though."

"Hm. You know, I did some thinking." She started. "Oh no." You rolled your eyes. "Mhm, I sure did. This one...this was the one calling you that night, isn't he?"

"Yeah." You answered. "Damn I'm good. Tell him I said hello." You rolled off the couch, peeking around the corner before entering the kitchen, where Toshi shuffled around in the fridge, rice ball in hand. He glanced over his shoulder before holding the onigiri out to you. "Last one, want it?" He offered, you shook your head. "You take it, I'm headed to the store later."

"None of that sounds like a goodmorning." She reminded you she was still there. "Mom says hi." You side-eyed the phone as if she could see you. "Oh? Tell her goodmorning." He closed the fridge, unwrapping the riceball. "Oop!" She chirped. "I heard that! He speaks English?"

"A little." You grinned in reply, turning to leave. "You mind asking if those better days are here yet?" She continued. "She wants to know how you've been." You called back. "I can just barely see over that horizon." He replied, you translated for her. "That's good...that's good." You could hear her nod. "You'll have to let me meet that one."

"Maybe."

"Maybe? What do you mean maybe?" You shrugged. "Maybe." You caught sight of Toshi heading to the door. "Let me call you back."

"Wha-"

"Love you, bye." You hung up and pushed off the couch. "Toshi, wait up."

"Hm?" He turned to you, removing his hand from the door knob, seeing you scurry into the kitchen and back to him. Something of his in your possession, hands looping away at the length of fabric. "You forgot your tie, big guy." You finished the loose knot as you popped on your genkan slippers, looking up at him. "Unless you wanted to go for the casual look." You glanced over his open collar. "Not today." He took the tie from you, sliding it on. "That's good, this's my favorite one."

"Is it?" Yagi asked, tightening it. "Mhm." You admired the navy color, its swirling pattern giving the illusion of movement. "Should I wear it more then?" He leaned in, hands stuffing into his pockets. "Right here, ya' flirt." You held up his keys, the ring around hanging around your index, as you opened the door. "Hardly." He retorted.

"Okay." You rolled your eyes, then fixed them on the morning sky. "Thank you." Yagi said, sliding the keys from your grasp. "You know you don't have to thank me."