Happy New Year

Traditional clothes suit you

Oh, you're watching?

Mhm

From home? Or are you here?

It was crisp as you sat upon a rooftop, watching after All Might gave his motivational speech for the upcoming year.

You could say I'm here

You flashed the light on your phone in his direction a few times, catching his attention. His smile seemed to grow a bit when he caught sight of your shy wave. Then, with a lengthy goodbye to his audience and a hearty laugh, he leapt into the sky. The cameras panned out just as your eyes following him up until he disappeared.

"Whew." You took a few steps back, plopping onto the blanket you had laid out, a space heater happily keeping your space warm on the otherwise cold and hard concrete of the roof.

THUD.

"Mind if I join?" A familiar voice came from behind you. "Make yourself comfortable." You saw his silhouette bold and dark, against the skyline as you glanced over your shoulder. You smiled at the hero as he took a set next to you. You picked up a little box that sat at your front. "Want any?" You held up an arrangement of sweets you'd snatched from the buffet table at the party you were originally at.

"Thank you." He accepted your offer and took up skewers of dango. "That's a beautiful kimono you're wearing, you look lovely."

"O-oh! Thank you!" It seemed your face became warm enough to replace the space heater. You looked up, trying to still your heart and cool down. The chilly weather doing nothing to help the cause as the stars winked at you with every passing second. 

"What brings you up here?" Might asked pulling the sticky treat from the skewer. "Ah, it got a little too much for me inside." You sighed. "What about you, big guy? Doesn't the Symbol of Peace have at least one party to make an appearance in?"

"None that I have to. I was hoping for something quiet tonight." Might answered honestly. "Hm, I see." You shifted from your knees to rest on your hip and thigh, your arm just barely brushing his. "Why are you here?"

"You already asked me that." You giggled. "Well, yes, but why?" He reached over and pulled from your box, this time taking mochi. "Take a look around." You started.

The flickering lights of the city and the twinkling stars were your only company until he joined you. The sound of laughter and singing came from below you and Tokyo Tower was lit extravagantly dead center. "The view is gorgeous and it's peaceful up here." You turned to him, his gaze already on you. "That's why." Those eyes look so vibrant in this lighting.

"Did you know," Might cleared his throat eyeing your box of goodies, going in for another mochi. "That purple isn't just a color that represents royalty?" You tilted your head. "You're not going to ruin this kimono for me, are you?" You raised a brow, Might shook his head as he swallowed. "It also represents mystery...and I think there's a reason you've ended up in that color."

"What would that reason be, big guy?" You gave a cheeky grin, he took his time reading over you. "I don't know yet."

The two of you sat, enjoying the last few minutes of the year together. Chatting and giving a small laugh here and there. 

10. "Here we go." 

9. "It's here already." You felt him scoot closer.

8. "What's your resolution?" 

7. "That's a secret." 

6. "Awuh, that's no fun!" You stuck out your tongue childishly. 

5. "Yours?"

4. "Not telling."

"3...2...1"

Trails of sparks shot into the sky, exploding into ribbons of color. Reds and yellows danced high while greens and blues trickled down below them. "Happy New Year." Might said softly, watching the display. 

You pushed up and placed a gentle kiss on his cheek and plopped back down. "Happy New Year." The blond reached up, fingers brushing where you pressed against him. "I never understood that tradition. Not that I mind..." You swallowed your snicker at his reddening ears. "It's so we keep in touch this year...and to set the tone." You bumped him lightly. "I hope you get peaceful moments to yourself in your exciting career."

"Hm." He pulled you in by the shoulder, your side pressed firmly against his chest as he returned the favor on your forehead. "We'll keep in touch. I enjoy your company too much to let you get away."