Chapter 32 - A Fun Saturday

Kara and Lena's Saturday starts off with a bit of a fright. The couple are awoken by Alura jumping on top of them on their bed, with the five-year-old having woken up before them.

"WAKE UP!!!!!!!! IT'S MORNING!!!!" Alura says with a happy sound to her voice, jumping on the bed right next to Lena while Kara and Lena are both cuddled up together.

"What the..." Lena mumbles with a start, being a bit confused as she has suddenly been woken.

"Alura... what.... are you doing?" Kara grumbles as she hides her head further in Lena's chest, clearly sounding tired, like she does not want to get up yet.

"It's morning! I want to get up! I wanna go to the park today!" Alura says, happily.

"Not now... go back to bed... I'm still tired." Kara grumbles in response.

Alura pouts as she looks at Kara and Lena, but fortunately for Kara, as she has her head buried in Lena's chest, she is unable to see her daughter's pout. However, Lena is not so lucky. Lena gets the full view of Alura's pout.

Lena lets out a small sigh.

"Alura, darling, how about we go downstairs and make some breakfast so we can give mommy a few more minutes to sleep. How does that sound?" Lena asks.

Alura gets a look on her face as if she is thinking, deciding upon whether she wants to agree to Lena's terms.

"Okay... but, can we have pancakes?" Alura asks.

Lena lets out a small chuckle.

"Of course, anything you want." Lena smiles.

"YAY!!!!" Alura exclaims, jumping up and down on the bed.

"Alura." Kara groans.

"Sorry mommy." Alura says as she stops and jumps down off the bed.

"Why don't you head downstairs, I'll be right behind you." Lena says with a smile directed at Alura.

"Okay." Alura says as she nods her head.

Alura quickly leaves the room. Kara and Lena can both hear that Alura is running down the stairs, however neither of the two women can actually be bothered to yell out for her not to run, like they have both told Alura countless times now.

"Hmmm.... I want you to stay." Kara hums, snuggling further into Lena's chest.

Lena chuckles.

"I'm not sure Alura will allow that to happen." Lena says with a smirk.

Kara groans.

Lena moves her hand and strokes the side of Kara's head, clearing Kara's hair out of the way so she gets a good look at the side of Kara's face. Lena then moves her head down and gives Kara a kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning, darling." Lena says.

Even though Kara remains with her head still buried in Lena's chest, with Lena only seeing half of Kara's face, Lena does notice Kara grow a smirk on her face, after receiving the good morning kiss.

"Hmm... morning." Kara hums.

Lena laughs again as she strokes the side of Kara's face.

"You are clearly too tired. You stay here and get some more sleep. I will wrangle Alura, and make us all some breakfast. You just sleep in for as long as you like, my beautiful super hero." Lena says with a grin.

"K..." Kara hums, clearly still very tried.

Lena chuckles once more and releases herself from Kara's grip. This action elicits a groan from Kara, but Lena doesn't stop.