Chapter 75: Welcome Home

*NOT proofread*

Your POV:

When we got to the Burrow I gently grabbed Gideon's carrier and walked inside making sure to not wake him. When we walked in everyone was in the living room. Charlie decided to stay at the Burrow and help if needed so he was sharing a room with Ron till we left today.

It got quiet because Molly gave a glare that said 'don't wake the baby or else' and I walked with Fred upstairs to our room. We were going to stayat the Burrow until we get our barrings together since we are new parents but decided against it at the last minute. But for now we were going to stay for dinner.

Walking into our room I sat the carrier on the bed and turned to face Fred and kiss him.

"You did it." He whispers.

"We did it." I reply.

"It's still a shock to know that he's here with us but I couldn't be happier."

"Me nei-." I was cut off by loud cries.

I walked over the carrier pulling the blanket off. Gideon was looking up at us crying. Fred leaned over and unstrapped the carrier. I picked Gideon up supporting his head and tiny body trying to quiet him down.

"Maybe he is hungry."

"Oh- maybe."

I got on the bed with my back against the headboard. The doctor had told me that the best option was nursing him for the first twelve months then it's up to me if I want to continue or not. Craddling him in my arms I took the left sleeve of my shirt off and started nursing him. Fred sat beside me and turned on the TV turning down the volume.

"Told you." Fred said.

"You're already knowing exactly what he wants. What kind of baby magic are you doing?"

"I'm not sure I honestly just guessed. But what I do know is he is taking my job."

"Frederick."

"Just joking!" He says laughing putting his hands up.

After Gideon had enough and looked full showing the signs the nurse told me I put my shirt back on and burped him for a minute.  Then cradled him in my arms and Fred and I looked down into his brown eyes staring up at us.

"Hi baby." Fred whispers.

Gideon rubs his eyes and yawns.

Before we knew it, it was time for dinner. Gideon was still asleep in Fred's arms where he happened to fall asleep.

There was a slight knock on the door and my mum walked in.

"It's time to eat. Awe." She says walking in and seeing Fred.

"I knew you'd be a great dad. How did he do with feeding darling?"

"He did good. I burped him and everything just like we were told."

"That's good."

"Are you guys wanting to come down for dinner? I don't mind bringing it up."

"I'll come down and get some. Do you want me to bring some up for you babe?"

"Yes please."

I walked over laid a kiss on his lips and walked downstairs with my mum. Grabbing a plate I decided to sit on the couch with the others.

"How are you feeling Y/N?" Hermione questioned.

"I'm good just really tired."

"You know whenever you need a break I'll always help."