Chapter 3: Freds Horrible Day- Meeting Cedric Diggory

Your POV:
The next day I thought about how good-looking Cedric was a bit more but my thoughts on Fred made it a bit difficult to think fully on Cedric. What is happening to me I thought, do I like two people?

I was walking to potions when i remembered that Professor Snape said yesterday that we are going to have a new student for the rest of the year. When I walked into the room Snape said:

"Ms.L- um sorry Y/N why are you late?

I panicked for a second because nobody in the class, but Hermione and Ginny knew my last name and I don't want anyone knowing yet because I will get smart remarks. I sat down in my seat and then realized that I am the only one that didn't have a partner. When I turned back I looked up and seen Cedric walking in.

"Oh, and here is..our new..student mr.Diggory," Snape says.( he isn't New to the school)

I slightly panic inside knowing how much I already think about him and now I'm his partner!!

"Mr.Diggory please take a seat next to Y/N in the back please," Snape says

Cedric walks over and sits next to me and I look away trying not to blush.

Hey,I'm Cedric, You're that girl that stared at me all day yesterday after I put my name in the goblet of fire right?He asked

I panicked horribly inside because I didn't know that he knew I was staring at him all day.

"Oh...Yes I am haha,"I said nervously back.

"It's all good I can see that you're nervous you weren't the only one that stares at me a lot I catch a lot of girls doing it,"he said.

"How does that not get annoying having like every girl on you or staring at you?" I ask

"I am used to it,"he says

Just when I was turning back to look at the front of the class he whispers in my ear.

"You're not too bad looking yourself Y/N you know you're quite beautiful."He says.

"Aw thank you Cedric,"I said turning back to the front, so he can't see that I'm blushing.

Little did I know that since Fred and George had a free period and were walking past my class they heard the conversation. Inside I was so happy but still nervous that I am partnered with Cedric because of how I feel about him and Fred.

After class I run to my room to grab my book for DADA. Little did I know that Hermione followed me and when I turned around to leave she scared the shit out of me.

"Blimey Hermione don't do that," I said holding my chest.

"Sorry I didn't know you didn't see or hear me,"she says back laughing.

"Sooo what was that back there with you and Cedric he is your crush?"She asked.

"Shh Hermione not so loud and I don't know I mean I've liked Fred since 2nd year but him and Cedric have been on my mind a lot since yesterday and it's kind of a problem,"I say to her.

"OMG Fred is your crush, you do know he likes you too Y/N?"Hermione asked.

"Wait what? What do you mean you must be lying,"I ask her.

"Y/N when you first came back did you not see him staring at you a lot every day and today he was by the door when you and Cedric were talking, and I think he heard you,"she replied back.

"Well I seen him stare twice but I didn't think much about it. But what makes you think that he heard us?"I ask

"He was by the door I believe he was listening and then when Cedric whispered into your ear his hands balled into a fist and George had to pull him away,"she told me.

"OMG how did I not notice that, anyway we have class Mione we need to get going Madeye wouldn't be happy if we were late on his first day," I say walking out the door to DADA.

When I get into class Fred is staring at me. I look away because I was beginning to smile even though I was nervous about him seeing me and Cedric talking and me blushing. During the entire class we were learning three unforgivable curses that would send you to Azkaban if you use them. The first was imperious then crucio then finally Avada Kedavra the killing curse. But during the entire class when I looked to my left to Fred he didn't look happy at all. But he wasn't mad, looked maybe like he was worried or thinking. Was it true that he liked me?

After DADA The day went by fast and before I knew it it was time to announce the tri-Wizard tournament champions. As we we're walking to the hall Dumbledore hurriedly said, "Sit down please," and dimmed the fire lights around us. In front of us was the Goblet of Fire with blue fire coming out of it. Dumbeldore put his hand out in the smoke turned red and parchment came flying out.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum." He said and all the boys congratulated him.

The goblets fire went red again and another piece of parchment fell out. Dumbledore caught it.

"The champion of Beauxbatons is Fleur Delafcour, he said, and Fleur walked to the front of the hall.

Finally, The smoke went red one more time and for the last time so i thought, and parchment came flying out.

"The Hogwarts champion Cedric Diggory," he says.

I clap for Cedric and smile but then I see Fred frowning and looking at me. I get confused for a second but snap back and kept clapping for Cedric.

"Excellent we now have our three champions. But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist the chalice of champions this vessel of victory. The Triwizard Cup," he exclaims.

The cup is shiny and bright and amazing but then professor Snape's face changes and everyone looks at the goblet of fire burning red again and another piece of parchment falls out. Dumbledore catches it opens it in angrily and worriedly says,

"Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter?"

Harry doesn't move because he shocked and confused.

"HARRY POTTER!,"Dumbledore yells.

Then Hermione moves him and says, "move come on Harry, Harry for goodness sake."

He gets up slowly and walks to Dumbledore and everyone is staring and mumbling about him.

I think to myself *this can't be real Harry would never do this.*

I get up quickly and walk up to Cedric before he goes to the champions room.

"Good luck Cedric I'm glad you got picked,"I said to him.

He hugs back and says, "Thank you Y/N it will make it worthwhile seeing you in the stands cheering for me, I have to go now bye have a good night,"as he walks away.

When I turn back to head to my room I see Fred stare intensely then walk away upset. I get upset because I do like him too but I'm just so confused about my feelings for both of them right now.

I get into bed and think about how long of a day I'm going to have in a few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day before the first task i'm hanging in the courtyard with Cedric when I see Harry running over to us.

"The first task is dragons,"he says.

"What-that's dangerous Harry," I say

"Yes that's wow but thank you for letting me know Harry, Cedric replies.

Before Harry leaves I say, " oh and Harry I don't think you did this I believe you 100% when you say you didn't put your name in."

"Thank you Y/N." He says walking away/

Then I hear Draco and Harry going at it. Draco has been more of a bitch than he was the past two years so I've stayed away from him mostly.

That night I roll over and think about if Cedric and Harry are going to be okay tomorrow because they're both my friends and I care about them a lot. As I fall asleep I tell myself everything will be okay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Chapter 4 will be about the first task and might be quite long! ❤️