Chapter 5: The Yule ball stress

Your POV: *Ced is Cedrics nickname*

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception on Christmas Eve night. We and our guest gather in the great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity . As the representatives of the host school I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward. I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost a dance." McGonagall says.

All the girls turn and look to each other so excited some not. While all the boys except never slept in the chair or complain.

"Silence, the house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I would not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a a babbling, bumbling band of baboons,"she continues.

As McGonagalls says that I look straight ahead of me and see George whisper in Fred's ear. Fred then says "babbling bumbling band of baboons,"under his breath five times and George Joins in. I laugh a bit under my breath because Fred looks amazing today and because him and George are always saying things five times faster.

"To dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl a secret sworn slumbers longing to burst off and take flight."She continues.

Suddenly Ron decided to make a smart but funny joke and MGonagall just so happened to hear it. Ron suddenly regrets his decision when she decides to pull him into the middle of the room to demonstrate the yule ball dance with her to the class. He goes up and puts his arm on her waist and the boys whistle and the twins laugh.

"Mr.Filch if you please."

Filch turns on the music and McGonagall and Ron begin to dance. Everyone watches laughing. But the twins dancing along moving back-and-forth against the walls laughing. I blush a bit because Fred smile and dance are literally so cute to me. I fight back a smile because the twins get called by Harry and he asked them if they're going to let Ron forget this and they say "never," in sync.Class then ends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that day I'm in potions with Cedric working on our love potion that we have a few more days to learn about, make and present to the class. Everyone was given a different potion but of course Snape had to give me and Cedric the love potion.

"So, who is going to present and who is going to smell?"Cedric asked

"Well if you would like to present I can smell it and see if it really works."

"Okay thank you Y/N I didn't want to smell because of certain reasons"

"What things Ced, are you okay?"

"Yeah but I don't really want to say right now can we get to work on this please?"

"Of course."

What could Cedric be hiding from me I ask myself. Could he like another girl so he doesn't want to smell it? Does he not want anyone to know that he likes me? Does he even like me? Snap out of it Y/N I say to myself before I hear Cedric say, "are you okay Y/N you just stared at the wall for a minute."

" Oh, yeah sorry it's just that I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and now with the ball I'm thinking about who may ask me."

" Don't stress about it Y/N I am sure you have quite a few guys ask you."

"Yeah maybe. Do you know who you're going to ask Ced?"

"Don't worry about that Y/N .We have a potion to make and present let's focus on that shall we."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After potions I head to DADA. But Madeye wasn't feeling the best and was drinking some thing. He said to just leave and have a free period. At first I was just going to my room, but I felt someone pull me away from the door.