Chapter 8:The Third Task

*2/24/21 THIS IS TOO FAST FOR SOME! I promise it wasn't on purpose stop commenting about it. I was in a horrible mindset and this was an escape I only had 30 readers at this time. I love you all*

Your POV:
After a few hours of sitting in Fred's room talking it was time to head to the third task. The talk with Fred definitely helped I'm not as pissed off as I was anymore.

"Darling  do you want to sit with me again?" Fred asked me.

"Of course I always do."

"Okay let's go sit up here."

"Okay." I said as I follow him up the stands and sit down. As soon as we sit down the champions come in and everyone starts cheering. The maze is dark and huge. I'm more scared than I should be so I lay my head on Fred's  shoulders.

"Hey, look at me. Everything will be okay."He says softly.

" I know I just have a gut feeling somethings going to go wrong."

Before he tries to say anything else he's interrupted by Dumbledore.

"Silence! Earlier today professor Moody placed the tri-Wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Miss Delacour. First person to touch the cup will be the winner. I have instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wand. Contestants gather round." He said. Then he turned around and told the contestants some thing. Then the canon goes off and Cedric and Harry walk in followed by Krum and Fleur. About 30 minutes later we hear screams and everyone gets concerned. It was Fleur she was attacked and she withdrawaled from the task  which left the boys in the maze. About another hour and a half later Harry and Cedric show up. Everyone started cheering until we realized... Cedric's dead.

"NOOO." I scream falling to my knees.

"Hey love, it's okay come here."Fred says pulling me up and hugging me tightly and I start bawling. "I'm here it's okay."

"H-he was my friend." I said bawling.

"I know love."

"The last time we talked I completely went off on him, that shouldn't have been the last thing he heard from me."I say with my face in his chest.

"Darling it's not your fault you didn't know this was going to happen. Come on let's get you out of here." He says leading me back to his room. As we were leaving the stand Harry was dragged away by Madeye. Fred takes me to his room and I just lay my head on his chest crying while he plays with my hair. A few hours later it's dinner time.

"Do you want to go eat love?"

"Can you bring me some please Freddie." I stutter out.

"Of course. I'll be right back." He says wiping the tears from my face and kissing me. Then walking to the hall

Fred's POV:
I'm walking to the hall to get me and   Y/N dinner when Harry stops me.

"Hey Fred can I talk to you?"

"Sure what's up Harry?"

"It's Voldemort he's back and in full body form. He killed Cedric. Madeye was actually one of his followers using polyjuice potion."

"Blimey Harry are you serious?"

"Yes Fred. Can you promise to not tell Y/N right now? But please I'm begging you keep her safe."

" Of course, Harry I like Y/N so much I would never let her get hurt."

"Okay thank you Fred. I have to go now." He  says walking away.

I get me and Y/N food and head back to the room.

Your POV:
Fred walks in with our food. We talk about our date while eating. After we finish I finally am able to speak fully without crying.

"Freddie."

"Yes love?"

"It's you, it's always been you. I was going to pick you. I don't just like you, I love you and I wanna be with you the rest of my life."

"I feel the exact same way. I'm so in love with you it's crazy. You're all I think about every day all day."

I pulled him into a kiss that turns into quite a make-out. After we pull away for breath he pulls me close.

"I won't let anyone hurt you Y/N."

"Who would hurt me?"

"Nobody i'm just saying love. Also I know it's weird timing but would you like to be my girlfriend?"

"Of course Freddie." I say kissing him. " Now let's go to sleep."

I decided to sleep in his room for comfort. He pulls me into a cuddle. As I'm falling asleep I can hear him say, "I love you Y/N." Then I fall asleep in his arms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to him not in bed the next morning. But then I see him walk out of the bathroom with his school pants on but no shirt.

"Well good morning to me." I say.

"Oh good morning love you're up." He says kissing me. "Also they are having a ceremony for Cedric in a few if you would like to come."

"Yes I should go he was my friend. I'll just be sitting by you and George like always."

"Perfectly fine with me. But you need to start getting dressed we have to go soon."

I get up and get dressed by putting my robes on. Then me and Fred head down to the great Hall and sit by George. I look around and see everyone looking down. Some crying but some just upset. But Harry looks the worst

"Didn't expect you to come Y/N but glad you did." George said.

"By The way I know it's horrible timing but she's my girlfriend now Georgie." Fred chimes in.

"Oh my i'm glad you guys got together it only took a couple of years." He says.

Then Dumbledore starts talking.

"Today  we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know exceptionally hard-working, infinitely fair minded and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see Cedric Diggory  was murdered by lord Voldemort. The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But to not do so, I think would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful lost reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak different tongues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendships we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory would not have died in vain.You  remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who is kind and honest and brave and true, right to the very end." He says, I start tearing up but Fred pulls me close wiping the tears from my cheeks that fell.

A few hours later everyone is leaving because it's time for summer. I kiss Fred and say.

"I'll see you at the Order later."

"Okay love I love you."

"I love you too Freddie." As I go sit with Ron, Hermione, and Harry on our way back to London.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry I had to do this for the story to continue moving. This one is a bit shorter than all the others because it was very sad and simple.  Even though I just wrote this one I am currently working on number nine as well❤️. Don't Forget to vote by hitting the star🧡