Hunter

I hope I get this right, I'm not really sure how to explain non-binary. I know a little bit about it, but not a lot.

If I'm not right correct me cause I never want to insult anyone. (And I've always been super interested in the non-binary side of the LBGTQ community)

I let out a sigh as I watched Omega and Wrecker stare at me with looks of confusion in their eyes. This had all started with a simple question and I hadn't really expected it to be so hard to answer.

What's your gender?

I had already tried to explain it, but found it hard to do, so I asked Tech to come in and help me out a little.

"Okay, how about I explain this in simpler words, I'm not female or male..... I don't really use a gender or let a gender describe who I am." I said softly.

"But how can you not be a female or a male?" Wrecker asked softly.

"Well it's simple, (Y/n) goes by they and them. Like you and I go by he and him. Or Omega goes by she and her." Tech said calmly.

"What if I accidentally call you a he or a her?" Omega asked softly.

"That's fine, but remember that I prefer They and them... it's fine to mess up. It won't hurt me." I said as I sent them a gentle smile.

"But if other people do it, we get to punch them." Crosshair said with a smirk.

"No, you don't." I said with a sigh.

"Not in front of (Y/n), that is." Tech said calmly.

I heard a chuckle and smiled as I turned and saw Hunter watching us.

"You're back." I said as I stood up.

"Yea, thought I'd take a shower before I saw you." He said as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer.

"Hey Hunter, what's your thoughts about (Y/n) being non..."

"Non-binary." Tech said with a sigh.

"Doesn't matter to me. Only thing I care about is that they love me." Hunter said calmly.

"Awww." Omega said with a smile.

I shook my head and left to go to sleep. I laid down beside Hunter and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Does it really not matter to you?"

"No, not at all. I love you for you, not what's in your pants or your pronouns." He said with a chuckle.

I sent him a smile and leaned up and pecked his lips before cuddling into his chest and falling asleep.