Fox

I let out a sigh as I walked towards the Chancellor's office. This had been the second attempt on my life and he had, had enough with me acting like it wasn't a big deal.

"Ah! Senator (Y/n), how lovely to see you, again." Palpatine said as he took my hands and squeezed them.

"You as well Chancellor." I said as he motioned for me to sit down.

"I know you say this threat is meaningless, but I'm afraid that the senate worries about you and because of this have asked for me to put you under protection."

"Chancellor, please I assure you everything is under control."

"Be that as it may, I am placing my own personally guard in your care. Commander Fox here will be watching over you."

"Ma'am." Fox said with a nod of his head.

"Fine, but only because I know you won't take no for an answer." I said with a sigh.

"Thank you."

Thankfully I had no meetings today, so it was straight home for me. When we arrived I held back a groan, upon seeing General Skywalker and Captain Rex.

"General, Captain pain in the ass." I said calmly.

"Senator must you insult Rex?" Anakin asked with a smile.

"Must he and you cause me so much annoyance?" I asked with a frown.

"The Chancellor told us that you were in danger and so we thought-"

"No, Commander Fox here has everything under control. I don't need any extra body guards, though if you could please go and check on Padme, I worry a lot about her." I said calmly.

"Of course senator. Rex how about you-"

"I'll throw him out a window."

"-go take a break."

"Smart choice." I said as me and Fox walked past them.

I walked into my apartment and let out a sigh as I removed my coat.

"You can sit where ever you please, Commander." I said calmly.

"I can just stand ma'am."

"Please, I'd go crazy if you did. Not to mention I know how uncomfortable it is standing for long hours." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Pardon my curiosity, but I take it you're no a clone supporter."

"Oh I have no problem with the clones, but I do have a problem with Anakin and Rex. They always like to go behind everyone's backs and cause trouble... makes my job harder."

"I understand the struggle you have." Fox said calmly.

"I'd say so, I hear you and the good Captain are not close."

"He's mad that I did my job."

"I heard, and if I was in the same situation, I'd do the same thing." I said softly.

He nodded his head and we continued to talk while I worked.

Something about Fox made me feel safe. It was different then when a Jedi or another clone would guard me. This felt like nothing could touch me as long as he was beside me.

A week soon passed and I had yet to have another attempt.

"I guess they have probably given up." I said as I stood up from my couch.

In an instant I had been thrown down, Fox on top of me covering my body with his.

I heard booster shots pass us and I held onto him.

"Commander!"

"I have it under control! Go after the assassin!" Fox ordered.

I kept my face hidden and he pulled me closer. Hiding both me and himself behind a couch.

"How did you-"

"I saw the dot aimed at your chest just in time." He said as he kept me in his arms.

"Sir we have the assassin. Bringing them in for interrogation."

"Good, find out their reasoning and if there is more. I'll watch the Senator." Fox said calmly.

He turned to look down at me and I watched as his eyes scanned my body.

"Where you injured?" He asked softly.

I shook my head no and felt tears stream down my face. I quickly patched onto him and he let out a grunt. He froze up for a second before gently pulling me closer.

"I thought... thought you had got shot." I whispered as I closed my eyes.

"I don't plan on going anywhere, Senator." He said softly.

I looked up at him and watched as he removed his helmet. I gently touched his face and he closed his eyes.

"Tell me if I'm wrong, but.... I feel like you might care for me as I care for you."

"If you're asking if I love you, then I do." I said softly.

"I love you too." He said as he leaned down and gently kissed me.