Fox 2

It had been a month and I had yet to hear from Thorn. I was heartbroken when I heard that he was now dating that Togruta, but thankfully Fox was there for me.

"Thanks again for checking up on me." I said as Fox walked into the house.

"I normally have to pass by here anyways, so it's no problem." He said as he removed his helmet.

That was one thing I loved about Fox, he always kept his helmet off when we talked. Where when I spoke to Thorn he would continuously keep it on and never listen to a word I said, Fox was always invested in every single work I spoke.

"How long do you have?" I asked as we walked over to the couch.

"For you, eternity.. but I have to be back on base in an hour." He said softly.

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"You are so corny." I said as I stood up and grabbed us some drinks.

"Only for you!" He called after me.

I shook my head and handed him his glass, before if sitting down beside him again. We continued to talk until a knock startled both of us.

"I'll get it." I said as I stood up.

I walked to the door and instantly felt my heart stop as soon as I saw Thorn.

"(Y/n), please take me back. I miss you so much. I'm so sorry I cheated." Thorn said as he got on his knees.

I looked him over and felt anger boil up inside of me.

"No." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What, why? Look it was a stupid mistake. I had been stressed over work and-"

"You broke my heart..... you threw me away like I was nothing! And that's how you have treated me since day one! Like I'm a toy you can throw away when you're done with me! Well you can go fuck your self. I don't want you and I don't need you. I'm actually more happy now than I have ever been."

"Seriously? You're happy alone?"

"She isn't alone." A deep voice said.

I felt a hand on my back and knew that it was Fox, by the way Thorn froze up.

"So you're the Commander's slut now.... hope you're happy." He said as he turned and walked away.

I felt my body start to shake and Fox quickly pulled me inside and wrapped his arms around me. I hid my face in his chest and held back a sob.

"I got you. I promise he won't hurt you ever again." He whispered as he hugged me tighter.

It was in that moment, with Fox's arms wrapped around me that I realized I had fallen in love with him.