Fives

Angst (you guys already know what's about to happen) spoiler alert

"I had a dream that Rex was yelling at me." Fives said calmly.

"Are you sure it was a dream?" I asked with a laugh.

"Ha ha, and here I thought you loved me." Fives said with a smirk.

"I do love you." I said as I pecked his cheek.

"It was weird though, you were there and General Skywalker...."

"What all happened?" I asked softly.

"I died... in your arms." He said softly.

"Thankfully it was just a dream." I said as I gently kissed him.

He let out a sigh and pulled away.

"It wasn't your fault." He whispered against my lips.

I pulled away from him and saw a blaster wound.

"Fives your hurt-"

I went to gently touch his chest but he disappeared before I could. I felt tears stream down my face as I looked around the room.

"Fives! Fives!" I screamed as I ran through the house.

I heard yelling and rushed out of my house to see Fives standing in front of a force field. I saw Fox and his men walking towards him and I quickly ran over to him.

"Fives no!" Rex yelled as Fox aimed his gun.

"No!" I screamed as Fox took the shot.

...

"NO!" I screamed as I shot up out of bed.

I gasped for air and looked around my room and saw that I was alone. I quickly covered my mouth and held back a sob as I felt my body start to shake.

It had been year already and I still couldn't move on. Everywhere I went I saw Fives' face, I heard his voice. When I closed my eyes I would relive his death over and over again.

And it only hurt more because no one knew that we were together. To the clones, I was just the medic that would patch them up.... To the 501st I was his best friend. But behind locked doors to Fives, I was the woman he said he was going to marry.

I heard a knock on my door and let out a sigh as I grabbed a shirt and a pair of pants.

"(Y/n)! We have a mission!" Rex yelled from the other side of the door. .

"We? I never go with you on missions." I said as I opened the door.

I put my hair in a bun and saw that Rex was a little uneasy.

"Rex? Is something wrong?"

"Echo is alive." Rex said softly.

...

"You know one of these days, Rex is going to find out you two are dating." Echo said as we walked down the hallway.

"You worry to much." Fives said as he slung an arm around my neck.

"Echo, everyone just thinks we are good friends." I said with a laugh.

"And what are you going to do if they catch you making out?" Echo asked with a groan.

"Jesse already has, I just told him that's how my religion works, you kiss your best friend." I said with a laugh.

"I hate both of you." Echo said as he turned and walked away.

"At least we didn't tell him about when Cody found us having sex." Fives said as he let out a laugh.

"Thank the force I knew who he was screwing." I said calmly.

...

I climbed onto the ship and let out a sigh as I saw the Bad Batch talking to Skywalker.

"(Y/n), I didn't know you were coming." Skywalker said softly.

"I thought it would be good for a familiar face to greet Echo." Rex said softly.

Skywalker nodded his head and we made our way to the base. When my eyes landed on Echo I wanted to cry. He was strung up on a machine in the cold. Most of him had been replaced my metal, but I still knew it was Echo.

When Tech gave us the okay to unplug him I helped Rex lower him to the ground.

"(Y/n)...." He mumbled as he looked up at me.

"Easy, love. You're safe." I said as I gently touched his shoulder.

"It's good.... To see you..." he said softly.

When we made it to the ship and I helped Echo sit down.

"I have something for you." I said as I picked up his old helmet.

He let out a chuckle and gently traced the markings.

"You kept it?"

"Fives did. He um... picked it up after the incident." I said softly.

"He's gone isn't he?"

I nodded my head and he let out a sigh.

"And here I thought I'd never have to give this to you." Echo mumbled as he pulled something out of the helmet.

"What's that?" I asked softly.

"It is a holopad. For recorded messages." Tech said as Echo handed it to me.

"Fives made it before our last mission together, and he gave it to me." Echo explained.

I hit play and watched as Fives appeared in front of me.

"Hi baby. God you look beautiful.... Well I can't actually see you but I know you look beautiful. You always do..."

He let out a sigh and rubbed his chin.

"If you're seeing this, I didn't get to keep my promise. I didn't get to give you the world." Fives said softly.

He let out a chuckle and shook his head.

"I know I said that we would get married after the war and have some kids.... I'd get us a big house, somewhere warm but also cold.... Hell we don't even have to have kids, I'd just have to have you." Fives said softly.

I felt a small smile appear on my face as Fives said hello to Echo.

"What are you doing?" Echo asked calmly.

"Making a video for (Y/n)."

"Why?"

"In case I die. Which if she is seeing this I have died."

"Probably from doing something stupid." Echo said calmly.

Echo left and Fives shook his head.

"I love you (Y/n) and I know that idiot will be with you to help you deal with losing me. I don't know if there is an afterlife.... But I do know that if there is one, I'll be waiting for you... I love you and.. I better not see you too soon."

It ended and I covered my mouth as tears streamed down my face. Echo gently touched my shoulder and pulled me into a hug.

"I miss him so much." I whispered through tears.

"I know." Echo said softly.