Fox

"Before you say no-"

"No." Fox said as he continued to look at his data pad.

"But I haven't even said anything yet." I said as I plopped down in the chair in front of his desk.

"I'm sticking with no." He said as he continued to work.

"And here I was gonna ask if you wanted to go get drinks with me." I said calmly.

"Still no."

"Oh come on! Why not?"

"Because I don't go out." He said with a frown.

"Fine, I'll just go have drinks with the 501st." I said as I stood up.

"Have fun." He said as he looked back down at his data pad.

"You know, I'm starting to see why you don't have friends, it's cause you don't want people in your life." I said as I turned and left the room.

I let out a sigh as I made my way to 79's. I knew I shouldn't of said it, but Fox just made me so angry. I had always tried to get him out and hang out with his brothers, but he always kept to himself.

"No Fox?" Cody asked as I plopped down beside him.

"Sadly no." I said as I let out a sigh.

"Are you ever gonna stop trying to get him to join us?"

"I think I am now... probably stop talking to him all together." I said sadly.

"Why's that?"

"I feel like I'm annoying him." I said as I leaned back in my seat.

"It's Fox, everyone annoys him." He said softly.

"Yea, well I do it more than anyone else." I said as I toyed with my drink.

"Please you're the only one he can deal with. Not to mention the only one he likes."

"Doesn't seem like that." I said as I laid my chin on the table.

"Commander, what are you doing here?" A voice asked.

I turned around and saw Fox walking into 79's. I instantly felt my heart stop when I saw a woman next to him. I knew her from work, she worked as an intern.

"Whose that?" Cody asked with a frown.

"Probably Fox's girlfriend." I grumbled as I grabbed my drink and downed it.

"I'm gonna go talk to him."

"Don't bother. I think I'm gonna go home." I said as I stood up.

"Come on, don't be like that (Y/n)." Cody said softly.

"I'd rather go home and suffer alone then stare at him and her." I said as I stood up.

Cody let out a sigh as I walked out of the bar. I put my hands in my pocket and started the walk to my house. Half way there I felt like someone was following me and so I walked faster.

Before I could make it to my house a hand roughly grabbed me and I was slammed against a wall.

"Let go of me!" I yelled as I kicked and scratched them.

"Sorry, but I can't have you sending me to jail." The man said with a laugh.

He pulled a knife out and I continued to squirm. He raised the knife up and I closed my eyes.

"Fox! Help!" I screamed through tears.

I heard a blaster go off and then felt the man's grip on me disappear. My eyes opened and I saw Fox behind him holding a blaster. He lowered his blaster and rushed over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he looked me over.

I instantly threw myself into his arms and he wrapped his arms around me. I let out a sob as I hid my face.

"Shh, you're safe." He whispered as he kissed my forehead.

"I thought I was going to die." I whispered softly.

"Do you really think I would let something happen to you?"

"How did you know that I was in danger?"

"We got a tip this morning that someone wanted you dead. So I decided to go to the bar to watch you."

"Wait you knew since this morning?"

"Yes, that's why I didn't accept your offer to go to the bar, I knew they wouldn't strike unless you were alone."

"So... you came to the bar with the intern because..."

"I needed a second pair of eyes on you, she offered. Cody was suppose to be keeping you there, but you left. He said you got upset over something."

I looked away and wrapped my arms around myself.

"Let's get you home. I'll comm Cody." He said softly.

"I'll be fine, thanks but I-"

"Not happening. There could be more and I'm not leaving you alone. I'm afraid I'll be staying with you all night."

"Fox you don't have to... I mean I know I had to make you mad when I-"

"No, you didn't... did it hurt, yes... but you didn't make me mad... you were right. I don't want people in my life, means that they can get hurt or leave me.... and I thought for the longest time I had pushed everyone away... but then this stubborn lawyer came into my life and I just can't push her away." He said with a chuckle.

"She must be special." I said with a laugh.

"She is. She means the world to me... so much that I went to 79's to protect her." He said as he touched my face.

I met his eyes and he sent me a small smile.

"I love you." I said quickly.

He looked at me shocked and I backed away.

"I didn't mean to say that. I.. Fox I-"

"I love you too." He said as he leaned down and kissed me.