Chapter 64 - Picking Up Lena

It is now early Monday morning, and Kara is woken from her sleep at around 6AM by the sound of light footsteps coming into her bedroom.

"Mommy?" Alura asks, appearing by the side of the bed where Kara is laying.

"Hmgrmmm." Kara hums, waking up, knowing it is still very early.

"Mommy?" Alura asks again, sounding nervous this time.

Kara immediately recognises her daughter's nervous tone, and her eyes snap open. As soon as Kara does this, she is met with a sight that she never wants to see. Alura is looking very sad, and her eyes are red, as she has clearly been crying.

"Alura, what's the matter baby?" Kara asks, caringly.

"Had.... a bad dream..." Alura replies, biting her lip.

"Okay, come here." Kara says, opening up the covers for Alura to climb up onto the bed and cuddle next to her.

Alura does just that, nodding her head before climbing up onto the bed and laying right next to Kara, even though there is much more room on the other side of the bed, which is the other side of Kara. Kara for her part hugs her daughter closely, wanting her to feel that she is protected and loved.

"Do you want to tell me about your dream?" Kara asks, after a few moments, placing a kiss on the top of Alura's head.

"N... no." Alura replies, still sounding sad and upset.

"It might make you feel better if you talk about it." Kara tries, not wanting her daughter to be in this state for any longer.

Alura is silent for a while, just thinking.

"I dreamed..... that momma.... was hurt..... by a bad man..... and.... she..... she.... died..." Alura says, crying her eyes out as she finishes her explanation.

"Oh baby, it's okay, momma is okay." Kara says, pulling her daughter even closer to her, hugging her with as much strength as she can without hurting Alura.

Alura continues to cry for a few minutes, with Kara just trying to soothe her daughter by making a shushing sound, like parents do for babies. Eventually Alura's tears subside enough for Kara to speak up again.

"Alura, it's okay. I know you had that dream because you worry it could happen in real life. But like I told you yesterday, it won't. I'm going to make sure it doesn't. And momma is going to make sure she puts herself in less danger from now on." Kara says, realising that the last part is just something she needs to discuss with Lena. Kara realises that as Lena is now a mother to Alura, she needs to make some changes, just to make sure she isn't put in any unneeded danger. So potentially that means that when Lena is giving press conferences from now on, or at some other major public gatherings, she has more body guards with her. Kara knows that her girlfriend doesn't like having too many body guards too close to her, but this is for Alura's peace of mind, so Lena will just have to deal with it.

Alura continues to cry for a few more minutes, with her tears getting quieter and quieter, as Kara strokes her daughter's hair, brushing it out of her face. Soon Alura reaches a point where her tears stop completely and she falls asleep. As for Kara, she stays awake for a few more moments, taking in the cuddle with Alura for a while. Kara knows she should take it in because due to Lena being part of their lives, Kara doesn't really get to exclusively cuddle Alura in bed anymore, that is either shared with her and Lena, or Alura just decides to cuddle with Lena. Kara tries not to get jealous about it, even though a little part of her is, as stupid as that is. So, Kara is just going to take in this nice cuddle right now, even if it came about because Alura had a nightmare. Then, after about 10 minutes Kara follows Alura by falling asleep as well.