Chapter 177

Since that day, Gu Feng has discovered that Yu Baoyuan has become depressed day by day.

    He often hugs Gu Jiarui and loses his senses, his eyes are out of focus, and he looks at some place empty. Either he raised his head and looked at the cloudy and sunny sky outside the window, without any expression, the whole person was full of resistance.

    Of course Gu Feng was anxious, but he didn't dare to ask Yu Baoyuan so clearly, for fear of poking his heart. He had no choice but to look for Bai Xiangsheng and Lu Yang to ask him side by side, but to no avail. Finally, he thought of Du Heng who had met after the parenting class that day, so he managed to find someone through several layers of relationships.

    When I asked, I realized that it turned out that a teacher who was particularly good to Yu Baoyuan had passed away, and a funeral was going to be held recently.

    He thought about it carefully and knew the reason for Yu Baoyuan's depression.

    Yu Baoyuan walked all the way, with thorns and cliffs everywhere. His life was like a lonely, cold and long night. Those people who once released a little kindness to him have become the motivation and salvation for him to live.

    These people are like stars on the night, letting people know that there is still light in the night. There are people who love you no matter how humble you are.

    But the saddest thing is to watch these stars go dark one by one.

    Obviously, I have seen the light before, and now I have to watch the light pass and return to the night. This may be what makes Yu Baoyuan sad and desperate the most. On the day of Teacher Jiang’s funeral, Gu Feng deliberately took a day off and stayed at home with Yu Baoyuan.

    When the funeral was about to begin, he gently shook Yu Baoyuan's hand: "Let's send Teacher Jiang off."

    Yu Baoyuan suddenly turned his head, looking at Gu Feng with swollen eyes, and then turned his head back: " ...You know."

    "Well," Gu Feng gently hugged him into his arms. This time, Yu Baoyuan did not refuse. "Go and send Teacher Jiang for the last time. I think she will do everything for her in the Spirit of Heaven. The students are proud.”

    Yu Baoyuan stayed in the same place for a while before he got up slowly: “Rui Ruini?”

    "I let Uncle He take care of it," Gu Feng said, "The car is already parked below, I will hold you down."

    When they arrived at the funeral venue, Du Heng and the others had already been waiting there.

    At the same time at the funeral, there are other classmates who haven't met in a long time. Teacher Jiang’s parents have left long ago, and her husband has long been married with other women. In the empty family table, only the two daughters of Teacher Jiang were left. They were young and dressed plainly, holding back tears desperately, and their eyes were red.

    Yu Baoyuan entered Teacher Jiang's mourning hall, and looked at the much older face on the portrait, a tear fell.

    Teacher Jiang's scolding of hating iron and steel seemed to be still in his ears, and the frostbitten, chapped hands that secretly stuffed a handful of money over seemed to be still in front of him...

    Yu Baoyuan stretched out his hand and wiped his eyes.

    He followed the instructions of the people next to him and followed the procedure to finish the traditional memorial ceremony. When Gu Feng protected him out of the mourning hall, Yu Baoyuan suddenly turned his head.

    He looked at Teacher Zhongjiang's eyes, and a big tear fell, and then he said to himself: "Thank you."

    Gu Feng distressedly wiped his tears with his sleeve.

    "Thank you," Yu Baoyuan bowed deeply, "Thank you, and walk with me until now."

    According to local customs, a glass of white wine is required at the funeral to complete the funeral.

    Yu Baoyuan knew that his drink was poor, but he did not refuse and drank it in one gulp.

    The self-brewed baijiu had great stamina. When the funeral was over, Yu Baoyuan was almost drunk. Gu Feng carried the person on his back, and while there was no one around, he quietly stuffed Teacher Jiang's two daughters a cheque, turned his head and walked outside.

    The sky is dark and the wind is very strong.

    Yu Baoyuan, who was carried by Gu Feng, unconsciously hugged Gu Feng's neck.

    When Gu Feng thought that people were already asleep, Yu Baoyuan suddenly muttered, "Why are you leaving..."

    "Don't go, don't go," Gu Feng turned his head, "I'm not going, I'll be here with you, be good."

    "No one treats me like my mother, like Teacher Jiang," Yu Baoyuan burst into tears. He fell down with a clatter, drunk and confused, he couldn't notice his tears at all, and he mumbled self-willedly with grievances, "I have only a few of the most precious things in this world, the most cherished people. I really have nothing left. That's it, why is God so ruthless to take them away one by one..."

    Gu Feng could not speak, but his heart hurts like a knife.

    "Is it unworthy..." Yu Baoyuan wiped his eyes with a thick sleeve. "Isn't it because I am born to be unworthy of a little warmth..."