| 6 |

Once up in Jay's room Jay softly pulled me over to sit on his bed beside him, meanwhile Sunghoon sat in the bed across from Jay's. I suppose that Jay had a room for himself, seeing as the other bed looked fairly empty.

"So..." Jay sighed before looking over at me, "you're alive."

"Obviously," I nodded at him, "I would definitely say so... unless I'm rotting in the face."

"You're not," he assured with a small laugh.

"Then I would say I am alive, yes," I nodded at him.

"I'm sorry, but I need to see the scar," Sunghoon shook his head, "I can't believe it before I see the scar."

I quietly hummed before pulling the left leg on my pants up, and revealed the small scar on the side of the knee, that formed a 'P'. The three of us had carved it into ourselves before we had joined the alliance together, in case we would ever get seperated so we could recognize each other again if we needed to.

"It is actually you..." Sunghoon muttered before softly trailing the P and I just nodded at him, "I- no... forget it," he shook his head and pulled in a deep breath.

"If you don't mind... I wanna know what you were told," I admitted and looked between the two boys.

Jay glanced to Sunghoon who just shook his head and waved his hand in denial, before that hand landed over his mouth and he closed his eyes tightly.

"The day we left... we were told that zombies had invaded the house they had accomodated you in. They said once they had went in to help you residents in the house they had found one chewing on your neck... they said they shot you to make sure you didn't turn," Jay quietly explained before Sunghoon just nodded at him, "I don't think we ever cried... which somehow explains Sunghoon's reaction right now... or well... I cried... but Sunghoon just... it almost became like he never had a sister."

"I refused," Sunghoon muttered as he seemed to have gathered himself, "it felt easier to forget your existence than to deal with your death."

"Well... now you have to deal with my existence," I commented making him let out a small laugh and just nod.

"But we... we need to know what actually happened," Jay excused and I just nodded at him.

"I don't know what happened to the other's in the house... but... I don't remember it exactly. I was told you all were going to move because the zombies... they got too close to us. Then... ah right... they shot me, probably thinking I would die, and then they locked me in the room... and once I regained consiousness I managed to look out the window and you guys were just driving off... I was left behind," I shrugged and they both just looked at me, seemingly calm.

"Where did they shoot you?" Jay questioned quietly.

"Just my shoulder, they didn't aim that well," I assured him and he simply just nodded.

"So you removed the bullet yourself and..." he continued.

"I removed the bullet, wrapped my shoulder up in some bedsheets. Kicked out the window in the room and crawled down. Managed to get past a few of the zombies, grabbed all the weapons I could find on the way and just ran out into the forrest. Moved my way across the land for a year or so before finally stopping and deciding to set shelter... scavenged a few grocery stores over the years, ran into a few not so nice people. But still alive."

"We should've insisted on seeing you," Sunghoon sighed, "we should've seen the body before we left with them."

"It's fine," I shook my head at them, "you didn't know better."

"We should've," Jay insisted.

"You were 14, how were you supposed to know better?" I snorted.

"You were a 12 year old, left behind to die. Yet you took things into your own hands and survived all those years," Jay pointed out.

"Because I had to. You didn't have to know better because you were safe in the alliance," I defended them, "you couldn't do anything but what you did, and it's alright."

"You're staying for now, aren't you?" Sunghoon quietly questioned and I just nodded at him.

"Jungwon found her, so she's staying in his room and training with him," Jay pointed out and Sunghoon quietly nodded, "he's a good kid Sunghoon, we both know it."

"I don't want to lose her again," Sunghoon shook his head and glanced to me, "I am not losing her again."

"And she's gonna be safe with Jungwon," Jay nodded making me frown at the two.

"It's not like I am bound to Jungwon," I pointed out making the two boys share a glance before looking to me, "am I?"

"It's a rule when someone first joins the alliance that they're sort of bound to the person that brought them here, but only for the first few months. Which is why you're sharing a room, training together and he most likely also will be in charge of making sure you get your injuries checked," Jay nodded.

"Means they'll go on missions together, and I don't care how good of a fighter Jungwon is... I don't want to lose her again," Sunghoon calmly stated as I just leaned back against the wall, completely baffled by the fact that Jungwon and I would need to stand each other's presence for another few months, practically being bound to one another.

"Jungwon is a good kid, he'll protect her with his life no matter how much he might hate her," Jay assured Sunghoon, "if you wanted to worry about her safety then it should've been Kitae that found her. But he didn't, it was Jungwon."

"Who found you two?" I quietly questioned.

"No one did... we ran away from the alliance and found this place. They let us in and gave us shelter," Jay shook his head, "but youre lucky... Jungwon is going to take good care of you."

"He better," I commented making a small smile spread on Jay's face.

"He is," Jay nodded in assurance, "and if he don't... then I'm sure Sunghoon will shot him in the leg."

"I'll chop his head off if she as much as gets a scratch when she is around him," Sunghoon clarified making me just let out a small laugh at him, "we're not losing her again Jay... we just aren't."

"I know... but we need to put trust into Jungwon," Jay stated and Sunghoon simply nodded in agreement, "he is trustworthy."

"I know..." Sunghoon muttered as three knocks were on the door.

"Hyung?" Jungwon's voice called out from the other side before the door slowly creakced open and in popped Jungwon's head, "uhm... mr. Bang is asking for both of you."

"Sunghoon and I?" Jay questioned and Jungwon simply nodded making both Jay and Sunghoon stand up.

"I'll take Jiyeon-ssi down to get dinner while you're gone," Jungwon assured as Jay and Sunghoon passed Jungwon.

I had barely gotten up from the bed before Sunghoon had rushed into the room again and hugged me tightly.

"We're not leaving you behind again... I promise," he whispered.

"It's fine Hoon. Just go," I muttered and patted his back softly.

He simply nodded before slowly pulling away from me and running a hand over my hair before rushing back after Jay.

"They missed you a lot you know," Jungwon commented and I simply nodded at him, "dinner's waiting."