| 24 |

"You're early tonight," Kitae commented as he crawled up the ladder to the eastern platform. I simply glanced over my shoulder and nodded before looking back over the tree belt in front of me.

"I guess I am," I muttered before I could see him lean against the fence beside me, his whole body turned to me. I glanced over at him to see him already staring at me, "can I help you with anything?"

"Multiple things, actually," he stated and I arched a brow at him before he shook his head, "but I'm curious... why are you here so early? Did you miss me that much?" he questioned in a coy way. I simply let out a small laugh before shaking my head in response.

"I couldn't sleep much," I excused making him hum.

"I don't think much will happen tonight, so if you want to, you can just sit down and close your eyes," Kitae offered and I simply nodded at him, "come on... just sit down and rest a bit. It's gonna be a long night if you're not well rested."

I looked at him before simply nodding and sliding my back down the fence until my butt hit the platform under me. I let out a deep sigh at the feeling of sitting down in the cold night air. My eyes automatically closed as the wind softly blew against me and made my hair sway slightly.

"Hmm... this is nice," I mumbled as I heard a small laugh from Kitae and he softly patted the top of my head.

"It's alright if you fall asleep," he assured and once again I just let out a small hum.

I didn't wanna fall completely asleep. Mainly because I knew from the calculations I had made and from what everyone else had told me Heeseung, Beomgyu and Jungwon could return home any moment from now on. But nonetheless I let my eyes flutter close as I just listened to the silence around me.

It wasn't complete silence. There was the creak of the platform everytime Kitae made a small motion, the wind that rustled it's way through the trees and bushes nearby, but also the owls that sat nicely in their trees and let out small 'hoots' to fill out the empty silence of the sleeping day. 

If I tried hard enough I was back home, on my small tree platform. I felt safe.

I slowly let myself get engulfed in the safe darkness around me and allowed myself to let my mind wander anywhere else than where I was in that moment. I wanted to wander back to those days back home, with mom and dad, Sunghoon and Jay. What a chaos it was. How Sunghoon and Jay would play around, pretending the stupidest things. Most times that I was some princess in a tower that had to be saved, which they always amounted to do. I missed it. I missed every second of it and what I wouldn't do to get those days back again.

The rustling of fences and an engine's rough sounds brought me out of my trance, making me lazily turn my head to squint my eyes at the car that drove into the base as I heard the fences close once again.

"Don't mind them," Kitae muttered as he crouched down beside me and looked over at the headlights that was shining on the silhouettes carrying around bags, "they'll just unload everything and get to bed... we have to stay up here."

"Hm... I wanna go say hi to them," I muttered quietly as my eyes falled on a pair of familiar broad shoulders, holding onto two big bags as they moved away from me.

"Tomorrow," Kitae muttered before I felt something hot against my neck. Too tired to realize what it was.

"Aish, what is that... it's uncomfortable," I muttered and tried to wave whatever was on my neck away as the warm feeling got all wet and felt like it was pulling on my skin. My hand stopped it's attempt once I felt a hand grab my hip tightly and I slowly realized what was happening.

My eyes widened as I realized Kitae had somehow moved over to be leaning down over me, kissing around on my neck as he held me down by my hips.

"No," I shook my head and patted Kitae's shoulder softly, trying to stop him, "Kitae stop... I don't want it. Stop it."

"Oh come on..." he muttered against my neck as I felt a knot in my stomach slowly move up my throat, "a girl as lonely as you... you must be so touch starved that you're desperate for someone to touch you," he mumbled as I felt one of his hands trail up my thigh.

"Kitae I beg you... please stop," I managed to say without whimpering or croaking just once, "stop."

"I'd rather hear you beg for it," he whispered making me immediately shake my head as I pushed on his shoulder's trying to push him away.

"Yah! Park Jiyeon!" Jungwon's voice called out making me let out a breath of relief as I felt Kitae's grip on me loosen for a moment at the shock of Jungwon's voice.

I quickly pushed Kitae away and rushed over to the ladder. Nearly jumping down instead of actually crawling down from the ladder. I had barely even turned around before I was faced with Jungwon's face just staring at me with dissatisfaction.

"I was expecting a big greeting now that you're on night shift," he commented and placed his hands on his hips.

"Jungwon," I quietly muttered before rushing over and wrapping my arms tightly around him making him immediately freeze in his spot, "I'm sorry, I just need comfort right now."

"How about... how about we go inside for a moment, you look like someone who needs rest," Jungwon spoke and removed my arms from around him before he looked up at the tower, "I'm taking Jiyeon inside... she didn't eat dinner so I'll make sure she eats something before she gets back."

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Kitae yelled back as I caught his hand wave out over the platform.

"Let's go," Jungwon quietly muttered before placing a hand on the middle of my back and softly guiding me into the red house that stood quite near the eastern watch tower.

I quietly walked beside Jungwon, just enjoying the sudden feeling of safety I felt compared to what I had felt up in that tower. As we stepped into the house it seemed like a sudden wave of realization hit me and I quickly reached my arms up to dry off my neck with the sleeves of my shirt.

I felt like I was going to be sick