| 2.49 |

My hand was clasped over my mouth as I laid on my back and tried to keep silent for the sake of the sleeping boy beside me. I hadn't been able to fall asleep again but Jungwon had been out like a light. He held a tight grip around my waist so I knew I wouldn't be able to move out of the bed without him waking up and going after me.

I closed my eyes tightly as they only began burning even more and it became harder for me to breathe. When I felt movements beside me I rushed to just hold onto Jungwon's hand softly, as if it would make him continue sleeping soundly.

It didn't go well for me though, soon enough I could feel his thumb rubbing on the side of my waist as he shifted around and pushed himself up on his elbow. With his other hand he carefully pried my hand off of my mouth before pecking my cheek softly.

"What is it?" Jungwon softly whispered as I just shook my head in denial, "Ji... won't you tell me what it is? Is it Sunghoon hyung?" he questioned and I stayed silent. I didn't even know how big of a part Sunghoon had in this, "Ji..." he cooed out and carefully turned my head so that I looked at him through eyes blurred with tears, "what's happening... have you even slept at all?" 

That was a question I for sure could answer. I quietly nodded my head, to which he pursed his lips and let his hand fall back on my waist as he laid his head down on the pillow beside me. His face was still turned towards me.

"Couldn't sleep again?" he whispered and I nodded, "bad dream?" once again a nod, "okay listen... he sighed as I bit down on both my lips, "I know you really don't want to talk about it or tell me. But I need for you to tell me what happened when my dad had taken you."

I simply shook my head as I tried to keep as quiet as possible, even though he was already awake. Quietly I could feel his hand begin tracing small patterns over my stomach as an attempt to soothe.

"Tell me," he continued. But just the thought made me nauseous.

"What if I do?" I whispered and he hummed at me.

"What if you do what?" he questioned in confusioned.

"What if I do tell you? What will you do then?" I whispered as I turned my head to look over at him.

"You know what I will do then," he softly reminded, "my dad has been on top of my 'to kill' list every since he hurt you the first time. That's not gonna change. I just need to know what you have been through to make sure you don't feel uncomfortable."

"They uhm... when they took me from the horse I got something held to my mouth and nose... and it all went black," I started and he quietly hummed at me.

"Chloroform," he nodded and I just nodded before carefully looking back up at my eyes again, "go on."

"I don't know... but I think they did something while I was passed out," I whispered and he nodded, softly rubbing my waist, urging me to continue, "but then... when I woke up... it was cold, but it was so hot," I whispered and he hummed as a frown started to grow on my face, "I was so scared and they were all so big and threatening... the pipe was hot, I think I burned myself on it a few times," I continued and Jungwon hummed, immediately grabbing my right arm and running a thumb over the place I had gotten a small burn from when he had untied me.

"What did they then do?" Jungwon whispered and I pursed my lips as I tried to remember, "I heard you crying over the walkie, whimpering... what did they do?"

I sucked in a deep breath before just shaking my head and he immediately brought his hand up to my cheek, softly caressing it as I continued to shake my head.

"You don't have to tell me, I just want to keep you safe," he softly assured and I hummed with a small nod.

"Shinhye," I whispered and he immediately went quiet as he stopped caressing my cheek, "this time-" I cut myself off before I could continue myself and become more sick.

"Do you mean to tell me..." he slowly trailed off and I quietly nodded, "you were Shinhye this time?" he questioned, not even above a whisper and I immediately nodded.

"I'm sorry," I whispered in a small croak as his eyes only widened and he immediately shook his head at me, carefully pulling his hand back.

"Don't be sorry," he immediately spoke, "don't you dare be sorry."

"Can't you just... please hold me?" I whispered and he slowly nodded before reaching over and wrapping his arms around me, pulling me close to him before tightening his grip.

"I'm never letting you go again, okay?" he whispered and I nodded against his shoulder, only feeling more and more nauseous by the second.

"I feel sick," I whispered and he quickly shot up, pulling me up to sit as well as he looked at my face.

"Ji-" he started before I felt my throat close and just shake my head to cut him off.

"I'm gonna be sick," I murmured as Jungwon opened the window above the bed.

He quickly gathered my hair before helping my head out the window, my stomach immediately emptying itself, coughing and scratching at my throat. I'm pretty sure not even one crumb of food was left in my stomach as I finished.

"Okay... I'm gonna go help you brush your teeth now," Jungwon murmured beside me as I quietly panted with a small nod and he softly rubbed my back, "just... trust me and I'll take care of you, alright?"

"Please," I breathed out with a small nod.