| 41 |

I quietly leaned back in my seat as Jungwon parked the car and turned it off, shoving the keys into his pockets. About now we had reached midday and finally the next city had decided to appear for us.

"Are you ready?" Jungwon questioned as he laid his hand on the door handle, ready to open his cardoor.

"Yeah," I whispered and got out of the car, calmly closing the door behind me as I got out my dagger from my pant pocket before walking over beside Jungwon who looked down the different store fronts in front of us.

I let out a small sigh before I looked around and my face slowly faltered. I knew this place, and I knew it way too well.

"I say we start from an end and work our way through," Jungwon spoke and I just stayed silent, "what do you say?" he questioned and I could see him look at me before my eyes travelled over to another store front further away, "Ji? You there?"

"I know this place," I whispered before making my way down to the storefront, Jungwon quickly rushing after me.

"What do you mean you know this place? I thought you were from down south," Jungwon commented and I just quietly nodded, "Ji, how do you know this place?" 

"Forget Me Not," I whispered as I stopped outside the store I had recognized and Jungwon just glanced at the store before grabbing my arm and turning me to look at him.

"What do you mean you know this place?" Jungwon sternly questioned.

"My aunt," I whispered before looking back to the store, "it was hers you know... a flower shop."

"Oh..." Jungwon slowly trailed off as he looked up at the store as well.

"I'm just... I want to have a look," I quietly whispered and walked over to push the door open. It was unlocked, the small clock above the door still let out a small familiar ring that I had been used to every time we visited the shop.

"We can't use much time in here," Jungwon reminded making me just hum as I went around and softly touched all the long-dead plants that stood around the shop.

"It's sad isn't it? All these dead plants?" I questioned making Jungwon just hum before a small smile spread on my face by a small sign that still stood in the shop, "Jiyeon's corner," I whispered as I rushed over to the corner and picked up the sign, looking over at the pots that now had dead flowers in them, "this was my decorations."

"What?" Jungwon questioned as he walked over and picked up the sign in my hands, looking down at it with a frown.

"I always made decorations when I was visiting," I smiled softly at the sight before it turned into a sad smile, "I loved Forget-Me-Nots, the reason for the name of the shop... she always made sure to have loads I could use for my decorations. I miss that time."

"You were a little softie, weren't you?" Jungwon questioned in amusement as I grabbed the sign again.

"So what if I was?" I muttered with a small shrug, "I was like any other girl my age... I only became what I am today due to the circumstances I was left in... and I hate it."

"You... do?" he questioned in what sounded like shock as I just quietly nodded.

"I wish I was a normal teenage girl... laughing over stupid stuff, falling in love with the popular boy, having a part time job doing whatever, getting mad at my protective older brothers because they told my date to get lost," I slowly listed with a small laugh as Jungwon wrapped an arm around my waist, immediately making me look up at him.

"You still laugh at stupid stuff," he reminded with a small laugh, "and if you'd like you can just pretend that I am that popular boy... and your brother is still overprotective."

"You know what I mean," I complained at him and he just let out a small nod.

"I do," he assured with a small whisper, "and I wish you were that girl too, because you'd like to be her. But I still like and prefer the girl that you are now."

"A badass bitch," I muttered making him let out a small laugh.

"A badass bitch indeed," he let out a small laugh at me.

"Yeah..." I whispered before leaning up to whisper in his ear, "so now you're gonna trust me and you're gonna duck," I whispered and grabbed the sign from his hand, "right... now."

Jungwon immediately ducked just in time for me to face the zombie I already had heard and seen coming straight towards us. Within a heartbeat I smashed the sign against its face, making it fall to the ground.

"Holy shit," Jungwon exclaimed as he straightened up again and looked between me and the zombie in shock, "the baddest bitch," he let out a small sigh as I just nodded and looked down at the zombie.

"Can you finish it for me?" I questioned him making him frown before it seemed that realization hit him.

"Wait outside," he nodded and softly pushed me over towards the door again.

I quietly glanced back at Jungwon who was shielding the zombie from me as I exited the store and just silently stood waiting outside in the scorching sun while I continued to look down at the sign in my hands. I was gonna bring that back, it was for sure.

"Alright... let's continue," Jungwon muttered as he exited the store and looked down at me, "we're here for food... let's get that before things turn worse for us."

"I thought she was alive," I whispered making Jungwon just pause and look down at me, "my aunt... I thought she was alive... anytime I called her through any payphone I found she always picked up... always."

"When was the last time you called her through one of those?" Jungwon questioned and I glanced at him.

"The day before you showed up," I admitted making him just freeze on his spot, "but that woman, that zombie in there, that was no doubt my aunt. The hairdo... the clothes, it could only be her."

"That zombie had been turned for at least a year," he stated and I nodded at him.

"I know," I muttered, "so who have I been calling?" I questioned making Jungwon's eyes widen in realization of what I was hinting at.

"We need to get away, now," Jungwon rushed as he grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards the car, quickly jumping into the front seat as I rushed into the back, "what are you doing?"

"I'm sorry, but we gotta lose a window," I excused and kicked out the back window as he started the engine, "I gotta check something."

"What in the world are you tal-" Jungwon started before I couldn't hear him anymore when I crawled out the back window and out onto the truck bed of the car as Jungwon began driving.

I just had to check.

New concept!
Sunday = double updates