| 20 |

The only sound in the dining room for dinner was cutlery against plates and glasses getting lifted off and placed back down on the table here and there. I quietly sat between Sunghoon and Niki as I just sipped on my water here and there.

"Weekly plan is in," Jungwon spoke up as he walked into the room and I momentarily glanced up at him as he threw a file of papers on the middle of the table and sat down between Heeseung and Millie, immediately running a hand through his hair to get it out of his face. God how I hated how good it made him look.

It had in total been about two days since we had our small argument in our room. Each night was quite awkward, so one of us had always made sure to be in bed before the other got in. I don't know if he did, but I had pretended to be asleep when he had come in last night. I couldn't figure out if I felt guilty or not. Even if I did feel guilty, what did I feel guilty about?

"Let's see then," Heeseung sighed and grabbed the paper, immediately flipping through them before adjusting them and looking at the first page, "Heeseung, Beomgyu and Jungwon going on the store mission down south. Already knew that... driving off tonight," Heeseung muttered as Jungwon simply nodded in agreement and grabbed some food for himself.

"What am I doing?" Niki eagerly questioned.

"Niki and Yeonjun are on exploration mission to the near west coast," Heeseung read and a wide grin immediately spread on Niki's face.

"Finally," he happily exclaimed making me glance to him with a small smile on my face, "I've been waiting for this for sooo long."

"Soomin is on medic duty with Millie," Heeseung quickly stated making Millie and Soomin immediately share a look with one another.

"Wait... what am I doing then?" Jake frowned in confusion as he looked over at Heeseung.

"Jake, Sunghoon and Jay... defense mission against the alliance," Heeseung slowly read making it go silent immediately, "they really are coming again, aren't they?"

"If they do... we'll be ready," Jake shrugged making Millie immediately snap her head over to him.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" she whispered as she grabbed onto Jake's forearm.

"We've always been the ones on the defense mission. It's fine," Jake nodded in assurance to her, "we'll be fine, as always."

"Promise," Millie stated and Jake just nodded before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his side as they both directed their attention to Heeseung once again.

"Does that mean Lin and I are on farming duty with Huening Kai hyung?" Sunoo spoke up and Heeseung nodded before placing the papers down on the table to continue eating his food.

"Does it say what I have to do?" I questioned making Heeseung immediately widen his eyes and look down at the paper, food still in his mouth as he scrambled to look through the papers again.

"I'm so sorry. I'm still not used to you being new here," Heeseung quickly excused as I just softly smiled.

"No, no it's fine," I assured him as he quickly flipped through the papers.

"Ah... here... east tower guard with Kitae," Heeseung stated and I just nodded at him, "that's weird... we don't usually have new ones on tower guards."

"Must be because she's my sister," Sunghoon excused with a sly smile, "runs in the genes."

"Good looks and skills," Jay nodded in agreement as he just dragged his hand over his jaw, "you can only expect our sister to be like us."

"Park sibs," Sunghoon hummed with a wide grin on his face.

"Suddenly a sister shows up and you two become the biggest narcissists this planet has ever seen," Lin commented and Jay simply shrugged.

"Wait they haven't been like this for the time they've been here?" I questioned in confusion and she just shook her head, "have you two been sick or what?"

"Grief," Jay corrected and I slowly leaned back in my seat.

"Oh yeah... right," I muttered quietly, "I forgot about that."

"Which is why it's so great that you're here now. Look at us being painfully narcissistic," Sunghoon happily stated making me just glance at him before nodding.

"I don't know... I've actually enjoyed you being more calm and relaxed lately," Soomin shrugged and sipped from her water.

"Mhm, sure you do," Millie commented with a smirk before she immediately got an offended look on her face, "did you just kick me under the table?"

"Can't be me. Must be the zombies underground," Soomin excused before Millie send her a glare that sent both girls into a heap of laughter.

"These girls..." Jake shook his head in disbelief as a small smile spread on his face.

"Oh come on! You love me!" Millie exclaimed and softly hit Jake's shoulder, making said boy immediately nod at her and press a kiss to her temple.

"What does it mean that I have guard duty?" I quietly whispered to Sunghoon.

"Ah... Kitae will tell you," Sunghoon assured, "you just have to be on watch out for potential dangers, and stop them before they reach the base. You're either on day or night switch."

"This week is Kitae's night switch," Heeseung clarified.

"Well... then you'll have night shifts with Kitae in the east tower," Sunghoon stated and I just nodded at him.

"What house is he in?" I questioned.

"The black one," Jay replied and I nodded before getting up from my seat.

"I think I'll go talk to him, to see if he'll tell me anything about what I have to do," I excused making the others just nod at me.

"Jiyeon, wait up," Jungwon called out and I just turned and looked at him, "wait with going to sleep tonight, okay?"

"Uhm... yeah," I slowly nodded before continuing my way out of the room and further out of the house.