| 2.2 |

To Jungwon the days passed by slowly. After one day he was allowed to sit up straight but he still struggled to eat. Whether it was because of how weak he was after his blood loss or because his mind kept wandering off to Jiyeon, he didn't really know but he did have a hunch about which one of the two it was. But by now three days had passed and no one had told him anything new, what was he supposed to do? Just act like nothing was wrong?

"Yah, haven't I told you to not throw the blanket off of you?" Soomin scolded as she stepped into the room with Jungwon's lunch in her hands.

She quickly rushed over and wrapped the blanket around Jungwon's shoulders, tugging it tightly around him as Jungwon just stared straight ahead of himself.

"We can't have you go and get sick right now, an infection as simple as a cold could be bad with as much blood as you've lost," Soomin scolded as she placed the bowl of soup on the table in front of him, "you hear me?" Soomin questioned after seeing the blank look on Jungwon's face.

"Mhm," he quietly hummed with a small nod.

As ridiculous as it sounded Soomin would go as far as claiming that Jungwon looked even worse than the day they had found him and Jiyeon in the forrest. His skin was so pale that Jake had claimed it would go transparent soon, his lips was beginning to be so purple that they almost looked like a pale blue, and the bags under his eyes only doubled in size by every day that passed.

"You need to get some proper rest Jungwon," Soomin softly spoke as she patted his knee, "I know you're worried but at this rate you'll be very sick by the time she wakes up."

"I need her," Jungwon quietly whispered, "I'll sleep when she wakes up."

Soomin pursed her lips as she gave him a displeased look, which Jungwon didn't even realize. Instead he was sitting quietly, overthinking any possible thing that could go wrong with Jiyeon in that very moment.

"I'll send Heeseung down to change your bandages in an hour, and if you haven't rested for just a second then, I will personally make him force you to sleep," Soomin warned and Jungwon quietly nodded.

"Mhm," he hummed as he looked straight ahead.

"Soomin!" Jake's voice was loud as loud footsteps ran down the stairs of the house and the door into the room soon burst open.

Jake was panting heavily as Soomin let out a deep sigh and rubbed her forehead before humming and turning to look at Jake.

"She's awake," Jake breathed out as he held tightly onto the door frame.

"How?" Soomin frowned as she stood up, "no wait... like... awake how?"

"At first it was just her fingers moving, and then she began mumbling things I couldn't understand," Jake spoke up, "and then she turned her face into the pillow, which I quickly had to fix but then she did it again and again before telling me to stop."

"You're telling me... you left her alone after she repeatedly has turned her face into the pillow, which will end up suffocating her?" Soomin slowly questioned, to which Jake's eyes widened and he dashed out the door again and soon was heard running up the stairs, "this boy, seriously," Soomin mumbled as she went to follow after Jake, immediately getting stopped by a grip on her wrist.

"Can I go see her noona?" Jungwon questioned with big eyes as he looked up at Soomin.

"I'll go check on her first, okay?" Soomin questioned, making Jungwon's face falter, "I'll check if she's doing just fine, and if she is I'll tell Heeseung to help you up to her after he's changed your bandages."

"This means she's alive, right?" Jungwon questioned as Soomin quietly nodded.

"Yeah, Jungwon... it means she's alive," she softly spoke and brushed his hand off of her wrist, "now eat your soup and I'll go check on her."

Jungwon felt a small warmth spread in him at the realization that he might finally be able to see Jiyeon again and for once he finished his lunch, all of it. He had almost drunk the soup from the bowl itself instead of using the spoon he had been provided with.

"Knock knock, the bandage ambulance is here," Heeseung loudly announced as he opened the door, carrying two rolls of white gauze in his arms, "I came a bit early since a little bird- well... you know what I mean, told me you had been allowed to go up to see your little girlfriend once I've changed your bloody bandages, because someone has decided he won't stop leaking blood once in a while."

Jungwon, for the first time, let out a small smile by the remark of his hyung as Heeseung walked over to him. Heeseung changed the bandage around Jungwon's thigh first, making sure there was no infection in the scar before wrapping it up.

"Hyung, do you think she'll be alright?" Jungwon questioned as Heeseung carefully guided Jungwon's arm out of its sleeve, earning a small hiss from the younger boy.

"Well... won't you agree she's as stubborn as a donkey?" Heeseung questioned with a small snicker.

"Stubborn, but not a donkey," Jungwon corrected as Heeseung let out a small laugh and carefully undid the bandage that already was wrapped around Jungwon's shoulder and the top of his torso, for extra security.

"Listen, when I've changed this I'm gonna help you up those stairs, but someone else has to be in the room with you two," Heeseung sighed as the wound on Jungwon's shoulder came into his sight, "just to make sure you don't hug her or lay down beside her. You're much longer in your recovery than she is, so it'll take more time for her to get better."

"I know, I just wanna see her," Jungwon mumbled as he looked down at his hands, glancing over at Heeseung who was carefully wiping the wound in his shoulder, "that hurts you know."

"If I don't do this it'll get infected you know," Heeseung retorted as he carefully began wrapping the white gauze around his shoulder and all the way under his right armpit on switches, making it as secure as possible, before wrapping a small piece of the gauze down Jungwon's arm, in case the wound was to leak once again, even though it was sewn shut.

As he finished Heeseung carefully got Jungwon's arm guided back into it's sleeve before he clasped his hands down onto his own knees and stood up.

"Alright, let's get you up those stairs loverboy," Heeseung stated and carefully grabbed onto Jungwon's right arm to support him.

Despite his wounded leg Jungwon had limped much faster than Heeseung had expected, making the older boy rush to make sure Jungwon didn't attempt to climb up the stairs by himself.

"She's in the bedroom you two shared before everything happened," Heeseung softly spoke as they reached the top of the stairs, wrapping the blanket a bit tighter around Jungwon's shoulders before he escaped Heeseung's grip and limped to the room.

The sight that met Jungwon wasn't exactly what he expected, but what could he really expect?