| 31 |

"I'm gonna stay with you until my shift starts," Jungwon stated as he softly pushed me into our room.

"I don't want you to look over me, I'm not a weak little girl that needs constant protection," I excused and pulled away from his touch before just slumping down in my bed.

I let out a deep sigh before looking around the room and my eyes immediately fell on Jungwon's bedside table. I quickly reached over and pulled the drawer all the way out of it's place and sat with it in my lap.

"Hey! That's mi-" Jungwon started.

"My weapons, yeah, I know," I hummed at him, "I'm not gonna wrestle you for them."

Jungwon let out a small sigh before walking over and grabbing the things I had rumaged out of the drawer before throwing them back into the drawer.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed at him and immediately snapped my head up to look at him, "those are my things."

"You're not getting them, unless you actually need them," he stated and slammed his drawer shut before locking it with a key.

"What is your problem?" I calmly raged at him.

"My problem is you," he turned around and pointed straight at me, "you think the solution to all your problems is running away!"

"I wasn't going to-" I started and he immediately cut me off.

"You told me you'll leave the moment you had all your supplies!" he exclaimed, "I am not letting you get any of those things unless we're going on a mission together."

"Why would I want to run away when my brother is laying on some table, slowly dying?" I questioned him as I stood up from my bed, "how egocentric do you think I am?"

"Right now, a lot," he sharply replied making me just squint my eyes at him.

"Even if I wanted to leave I am not gonna leave before I know Sunghoon is fine," I hissed at him making him look at me with a tired expression as he slowly arched a brow, "you don't trust me do you?"

"I can't figure you out," Jungwon corrected, "I have no idea what goes through that head except the desire to run off and go back to your little tree house."

"I do not want to go back," I shook my head at him, "I have to annoy you. But most times you just seem to hate me."

"I do not hate you!" he exclaimed at me, "how blind are you? Didn't I tell you about my feelings earlier? What pisses me off is that you're so closed off and so difficult to read!"

"And you know why I am like that?" I retorted making him poke his tongue out in his cheek, oh he was pissed but he was gonna get the truth.

"Because you're cold and insensitive," he shortly replied making me arch a brow at him.

"I am like this, because not once in the past five years have I met anyone that I could trust with just a small bit of my life," I hissed at him and poked him in the chest, "and because I don't get why you make my heart beat faster in a nice way instead of in an anxious way. Now leave me alone unless you have something nice to say," I softly pushed him away from me before slipping out of my boots and laying down in my bed.

I abruptly turned over on my side with my back facing Jungwon, as I pulled my duvet up and tight around my body.

"Jiyeon I didn't mea-" Jungwon started and again I pulled the duvet tighter around me.

"I don't wanna hear it," I mumbled, making a deep sigh escape from him and I could only imagine how he had just ran his hand through his hair.

"Listen," Jungwon started as I could feel the bed dip down behind me and something came in contact with my back, "hey... listen to me," Jungwon stated and softly patted my shoulder, making me glance over at him.

"What?" I mumbled.

"I'm just scared you're gonna leave... okay?" he questioned and I hummed, "I really do lo- like you... and I just... it freaks me out thinking about you running away during the night or something like that."

"You don't trust me," I mumbled.

"No, it's not like... I do trust you," he sighed and I shook my head.

"You do not Jungwon. If you trusted me you wouldn't lock my things up," I reminded him, making him sigh and out of the corner of my eye I could see him drop his head.

"I mean... I trust you in the way I know you won't hurt me. But I don't trust that you won't run away," he stated making me hum with a small nod.

"So you don't trust me," I stated and he sighed again, "you don't Jungwon. If you trusted me you wouldn't doubt whether or not I was telling the truth when I say I won't leave."

"Well, if you trusted me you would tell me about those nightmares of yours," he retorted making my breath hitch in my throat, "I wanna know what they're about... I wanna help you."

"I'm not ready to talk about it yet," I muttered making Jungwon sigh as his hand softly rubbed on my shoulder.

"I'm going to go on my shift early," he muttered and softly patted my shoulder, "come out to the tower if you need anything, okay?"

"Mhm," I hummed as I felt the weight behind me move away and the floor let out small creaks as Jungwon stood up once again.

"I trust you Jiyeon, I really do," Jungwon muttered and I felt his lips against my temple before his steps echoed through the room before the door opened and closed.

I let out a small sigh and closed my eyes tightly as I pulled the duvet higher up under my nose.