| 46 |

A wince flashed across Jungwon's face as I carefully picked out another black sturdy thread. I let out a small sigh at him and just stared straight at him.

"What? It stings," Jungwon excused to me as I simply shook my head in disbelief.

"It'll take longer the more you move," I reminded and he simply let out a huff.

"Just finish removing my stitches," he complained and waved it off.

"Then sit still," I sighed and carefully undid the next stitch just above his ear.

I carefully finished removing the remaining stitches from the side of Jungwon's head. Once finished I carefully got rid of the black thread that had kept his scar together before I carefully rubbed on some scarring cream Millie had told me to apply to the scar once I had pulled out the stitches.

"I think you'll have a scar for some time," I muttered as Jungwon just let out a small snort.

"Yeah no shit," he commented as I frowned at him, "what?"

"I've been wondering," I admitted making him hum while I packed away the cream, "why didn't we fight against the Alliance when they came?"

"You don't know?" he questioned in shock as his eyes widened and a frown grew on his face.

"How am I supposed to know?" I questioned as he crawled over in the driver's seat and I soon followed over and sat in the passenger's seat beside him, "it's not like I've seen them since they shot me," I reminded and he let out a small sigh as he started the engine and looked to me.

"The Alliance has always been on our case... at least for the past four years," Jungwon pointed out and I hummed, "we want to fight back against them, we really do. Don't get me all wrong. But we would be fatally outnumbered."

"They can't be much more than we are," I pointed out to him and he simply sighed.

"They are... they are a lot more than us," Jungwon emphasized, "what you saw that night was only a small bit of them. What you don't see is how we're surrounded in all the towers of the base or how many cars are holding and waiting outside the base in case we try to fight back."

I frowned at Jungwon as he slowly began driving down the road we had parked on during the night, when we had slept in the car.

"But-" I started and he already shook his head, "will you hear me out?"

"It's of no use Ji," he calmly stated and rubbed his lips as he leaned against the car door beside him, only one hand on the wheel, "there's nothing we can do."

"Where was mr. Bang and that other stupid man when the Alliance was there?" I questioned as I recalled there only being 22 people sitting around the cars. Only a few other adults with us.

"In the head house," Jungwon calmly replied, "they aren't obligated to join, they are on the other being held back by another part of the alliance," he calmly explained as a frown grew on my face.

"Isn't it weird that they don't have to be by the rest of us?" I questioned him, only earning a weird look in return.

"We've never thought anything of it," he casually shrugged and I just frowned at him.

"When did the mean man come to the base...?" I slowly questioned and Jungwon simply glanced at me.

"A little over four years, why?" He answered and calmly placed his hand back on the wheel, gripping it loosely with both his hands.

"Speed up," I stated and he just looked over at me with an arched brow, "you heard me speed up. Something is wrong here."

"What are you talking about?" he let out a small laugh, "the base is safe."

"It's not," I shook my head at him as I began chewing on my bottom lip, "something is not right there. Why wouldn't they be sitting with us when they were there?"

"What are you insinuating?" he questioned as he squinted his eyes at me, "that mr. Bang and mr. Wang is..."

"Is that his name? Mr. Wang?" I questioned and Jungwon slowly nodded his head, "what an asshole. I still hate him for that banishing thing."

"Yeah yeah, but what are you insinuating?" he questioned with a frown.

"They're somehow working with the Alliance. It's the only logical explanation," I stated as he glanced at me.

"Of course, they're trying to sign off peace everytime they're there," Jungwon stated and I just glanced at him with a sure feeling in my stomach. I was sure I was correct.

"No... that's not it," I simply shook my head at him, "speed up, we need to get back before anything bad happens at the base."

"You really don't mean to tell me that you think mr. Bang and mr. Wang is ev-" Jungwon started with a sigh and I immediately nodded.

"That's exactly what I think," I nodded at him, "now speed up."

"I can't believe I am doing this," he sighed and immediately I felt the car speed up a bit more.

"You know you can't resist me," I grinned widely as Jungwon just rolled his eyes at me before a small smile spread on his face.

"What if I can't?" he questioned as I just happily adjusted the way I sat in my seat.

"Then I'm just lucky," I happily stated as he let out a small laugh and glanced over at me again.

"Are you really?" he questioned and I just hummed with a small nod.

"I have a pretty boba eyed boy who can't resist me. What do I have to be mad about?" I questioned making him let out a small laugh, "aside from the fact that the people who might've caused Jay's death is actually in the base."

"I really don't think they're evil," he shook his head at me while I just shrugged at him.

"Time will tell," I excused.

As Jungwon kept up the faster speed of the car I impatiently sat and bounced my leg up and down. I felt quite urgent with this. I could only imagine it would go wrong if we didn't make it on time.