| 7 |

Upon waking up this morning Jungwon had already gotten breakfast for me, and was just patiently waiting for me to eat some food and get ready for the day.

"So I hear I am officially bound to bother you the next few months," I commented to Jungwon, who just glanced up from his book and nodded at me, "poor you."

"Eh... could be worse," he shrugged as I pulled my hair back and tied it up with the last hair tie I still had in my possession. Impressive it hadn't snapped yet... or gotten lost.

"How flattering, you actually think it would be worse to have someone else," I commented and he shook his head.

"Oh no no, personality wise you're the worst. But you don't need to get trained in any sort of defense, and it is literally the only good thing," he stated making me simply roll my eyes.

"You just know how to flatter a girl, don't you?" I commented and he simply shook his head and closed his book, "so what are we doing today?"

"We still need to find some crops for the agriculture we're building up," he replied with a sigh, "what do you think I was doing yesterday when I found you?"

"Oh come on... you didn't actually think you could find crops in a convenience store," I snorted at him, "those things were taken a long time ago. You need to find where they still grow."

"And where do they still grow, if I might ask?" he commented as a smirk slowly grew on my face.

"Depends... what crops are we looking for?" I questioned in amusement as I got out my dagger and handgun from my box, and shoved them into the pockets they usually were in.

"Mainly vegetables... and apples... we do look for any small apple trees we can bring back," he sighed as he got up and stretched his back.

"Well... this is your lucky day Yang Jungwon. It just so happens that I know where you can get small apple trees... carrots, potatoes and if I'm lucky then the tomatoes will have grown as well," I stated making him just frown over at me, "drive me back to the convenience store and I'll lead the way."

"I can't believe I'm actually following your orders," he sighed and grabbed the keys from his nightstand before pushing me out of the door and following behind me, before throwing my bag to me, "I'm guessing you'll need it."

"And you're not wrong," I shook my head and rushed down the stairs.

"Out to look for crops today?" Heeseung commented and I just nodded at him, "be careful of her Jungwon. I heard Sunghoon will chop your head off if anything happens."

"Yeah yeah, he won't dare," Jungwon waved it off as we rushed outside and out into the courtyard, towards the car I practically had been kidnapped in the day before, "I'll give you a tour of the place tomorrow. Okay?"

"Yeah yeah," I waved it off to him and opened the door to the backseat and threw in my bag as Jungwon got into the driver's seat.

"Get in, you're too slow," Jungwon complained as I jumped into the passenger's seat.

"And you're an impatient prick," I commented and buckled my seatbelt, "perfect match then," I commented making him simply roll his eyes and start the car.

Jungwon turned the car around and drove to the gates where a blonde boy and dark haired boy opened the gates for us.

"Blonde boy is Kang Taehyun, dark haired boy is Choi Soobin. Both older," Jungwon informed as he drove out of the area and out onto the empty roads, "you'll get to know everyone quite quick, and I'll take you to Millie once we get back. Jay hyung told me to take you there after not taking you yesterday."

"Yeah yeah, whatever," I waved  it off and looked out the hole in the car door where a window normally would be, but it seems that it was shattered in this car. Meanwhile the window in the driver's side was just rolled down a bit, "how long?" I questioned and looked over at Jungwon.

"How long, what?" Jungwon questioned in confusion as his eyes stayed on the road.

"How long have you been in that group?" I questioned him.

"7 years," he replied and my eyebrows momentarily rose, "my family and I was originals in the group."

"You've stayed in that same place since all of this broke out?" I questioned and he just nodded in return.

"I don't wish to move somewhere else. It's nice that I could stay living in my bedroom," he stated.

Slowly it hit me why he had seemed very stubborn about not having me move into the room he had. It had been his childhood room, it was the only thing he related to the times before this.

"But your parents-" I started and he just nodded as he took a left turn.

"Never returned from one of their missions," he shook his head, "at least I was lucky enough to never see them turn or being turned," he commented and I just looked at him.

"I'm sorry," I muttered and he just shook his head as I leaned back in my seat.

"It's four years ago. I can't keep on lingering with them," he excused with a small smile, "I have another family now... five older brothers and one younger... the rest of the camp are just like cousins, aunts and uncles."

I let out a small hum before just staying silent as Jungwon continued to drive. We both sat in silence for what felt like an eternity before Jungwon just cleared his throat again. His poor attempt at trying to ease the awkward tension.

"I suppose your parents are not alive either," he commented.

"I thought Jay and Sunghoon would've told you guys," I commented and he just shook his head.

"They never said anything about what happened, except that the three of you were on the run for a while before joining the alliance," he excused and I just hummed at him.

"I don't wanna speak on it," I excused and looked out the window, "we're not that close. You're just forced to spend time with me."

Jungwon didn't say anything in return, he just stayed silent as he continued driving, before slowly putting the car to a stop outside the convenience store we both met at yesterday.

"Secure the car, you're in for a small hike," I commented and grabbed my bag before jumping out of the car.

Small announcement for you guys. I'll be on vacation for the next week, so there might be irregular updates on this story, there might be none. It depends on what I have time and energy for. Thank you in advance for understanding. Stay happy and healthy and I love you