| 27 |

I quietly walked behind Soomin and Millie as they quite literally marched up towards the car that was parked in front of the closed gates. Millie immediately ran up to Jake and hugged him tightly as a wide grin immediately spread on his face while he hugged her tightly into him. Quite cute. 

Meanwhile Soomin just walked up to Sunghoon, pecking his cheek and rubbing his arm softly while reminding him to be careful. Sunghoon looked at her with heart in his eyes, pulling her into a hug with one arm and muttering what I was sure was a sweet assurance to her, before he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"I'm not gonna give you a kiss," I told Jay as I walked up to him. He stood leaned against the car with his arms crossed over his chest, just watching the two others say goodbye to Soomin and Millie.

"I'd rather avoid that, yeah," Jay nodded at me with a small laugh.

"But I do want a hug," I excused making him let out a small laugh and open his arms for me.

I smiled softly before just hugging Jay tightly as he patted the back of my head.The same habit he always had. Jay would always pat my head softly while hugging me and Sunghoon would try and lean his face down onto my shoulder. Their habits still hadn't changed I see. 

"Promise to both get back, unharmed," I pointed out and he just hummed, "I don't wanna lose a brother or two again."

"We'll come back, alive," Jay assured and I just nodded before slowly pulling away from him and held up my pinky, "you still wanna do that?"

"Please?" I softly questioned and he just happily smiled before linking his pinky with me and connecting our thumbs together, "you both get back. Got it?"

"Couldn't dream of anything else," he nodded in assurance before he climbed into the car, "we've done this loads of times Jiyeon-ie... we'll be fine."

"Thank you," I muttered and stepped away from the car as Jake jumped into the passenger's seat beside Jay and Sunghoon rushed over to get into the backseat.

"See you tonight Bubs," Sunghoon happily cooed out at me, making me grin widely at the first mention of that old nickname.

"Ah I get so nervous each time the three of them have to go out," Soomin muttered as Jay started the engine and drove the car up to the gates.

"Has it ever gone wrong?" I questioned and Millie immediately nodded at me.

"Before Sunghoon and Jay was put on the mission there was two other boys who went out with Jake to do these missions. Geonu and Jimin..." Millie muttered, "one day it was only Jake that came back."

"He still hasn't told what happened that day," Soomin interrupted as if she could read my mind, before I actually asked what had happened to the two boys.

"He dreams about it soometimes... I don't think it was a nice sight," Millie muttered and bit down on the nail on her thumb as the gates closed behind the car with the three boys.

"You should go rest before your shift tonight Jiyeon," Soomin smiled softly over at me, "we can't have you falling asleep up in that tower, now can we?"

"I guess not," I muttered as I shook my head and watched the car disappear completely

"Nah it'll be fine," Jungwon's voice spoke up as he wandered over towards us with his hands shoved in his pockets, "she's not on that shift anymore. I am," Jungwon stated making me frown at him, "I told mr. Bang about her fall from the ladder last night and he suggested it'll be better if she gets adjusted to the place before getting any work here, so I have that shift now that I'm back."

"How charming," I commented with sarcasm as he just shrugged, "so what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know... enjoy the fresh air and the regulations that give you no right to actually do anything fun," he shrugged with a teasing smile.

"I seriously don't understand you," I commented as I watched Millie and Soomin walk back to the medic hut out of the corner of my eyes, "one moment you hate me the next you're all teasing and happy giggly little boba boy around me."

"I never said I hated you," he shook his head at me, "how many times do I have to repeat that?"

"You act like it," I commented making him just casually shrug.

"Hmm... well... would I have kissed you if I hated you?" he questioned making me frown at him again.

"It was an accident, you said so yourself," I reminded him and he just shrugged with a small smile on his face as he kicked the sand underneath him.

"It didn't really seem like an accident in the moment, did it?" he questioned and did a small nose scrunch at me, for just a second.

"That part I don't understand either," I stated to him, "I don't get why you kissed me."

"Hmm... well. I'm supposed to be resting and you don't have anything better to do... so come on," he stated and nodded his head for me to follow after him.

I let out a small sigh before following after him back towards the red house, meanwhile I could only imagine the self satisfied smile he had on his face in this very moment.

"Can't resist me?" Jungwon questioned in amusement as he opened the front door to the house. I fucking knew it, this little self satisfied boba eyed boy just knew how to press my buttons.

"I'm too kind to let you embarrass yourself like that," I simply replied making him let out a snort at me.

"Was that why you kissed me back?" he questioned in amusement as he turned to look at me with a smug smile.

"Maybe it was. But maybe I'll only tell you why I kissed you back if you tell me why you thought it was a good idea to even kiss me in the first place," I retorted and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Hm..." he hummed and glanced up towards the second floor, "in the room."

With that he turned on his heel and marched off, leaving me to just stand and look at him with a baffled look.

"Wha- Yang Jungwon!" I yelled after him as I rushed over to the foot of the stairs he was climbing, "tell me!"

"As I said, in the room," he calmly replied making me huff out before rushing up after him and down to our room.