| 52 |

We had parked in some picnic area on the road side as the dark had fallen. We had chosen a few to keep a watch out once in a while, sitting a top the camper, ready to alarm the inside in case any suspicious activity around the camper was gonna happen.

Millie and Jake had been the first ones to go up and have a look out. The two had crawled up right after they had eaten their dinner, meanwhile the others had eaten earlier on. Jungwon and I was the only ones still yet to eat.

"I'll go out and get food, I'm hungry," I muttered as I got up from my seat and moved over towards the exit of the camper.

Out on the back of the camper was an extra compartment we had thrown the food in in hopes of keeping it somewhat cooled down. It was gonna be fine anyways, I was armed and there sat two on the roof of the camper to watch out for any zombies and enemies.

"I can do it," Jungwon spoke up and I just shook my head as I glanced over to where Sunoo had curled up in a small ball to sleep.

From what I could understand on Soomin, the mission she and Lin had been out on had gone terribly wrong and she had to leave Lin behind in order for any of them to survive. But I hadn't been told more. The only thing I knew was that Sunoo was clutching a piece of cloth tightly in his hands as he slept. My guess was it was some piece of clothing Lin had worn and hence smelled like her, giving Sunoo some sort of comfort.

"I think I'll be fine," I whispered and softly brushed his hand off my wrist before walking out in the fresh night air, "just me," I spoke up as I heard rustling on top of the camper, "I'm getting food."

"Go ahead," Millie's soft voice replied.

I quietly moved over behind the camper and opened the extra compartment, rumaging through the bags before just finding some canned foods Jungwon and I could share. I was really missing some real and proper food these days.

"You need to stop thinking about it like that," Millie's voice was soft from the top of the camper, I knew she wasn't talking to me and therefore it would be wrong for me to eavesdrop, but I still couldn't stop myself.

"It just doesn't seem fair," Jake's voice quietly admitted as I quietly closed the compartment and stood completely still, "why do I always survive and go unharmed?"

"There's just something special over you Jake," Millie softly assured, "there's something protecting you from all the dangers."

"But I don't always want to be the one who goes unharmed," Jake sighed deeply, "I feel bad about it."

"The reason you go unhared is because you're needed to help the others away from the dangerous situation," Millie softly spoke.

I let out a small sigh before glancing out into the darkness and just deciding it probably would be best for me to get back inside again instead of eavesdropping on their conversation.

I quietly let myself back into the trailer, and Jungwon immediately looked to me and held up two forks as I just held up the two cans I had brought with me.

"The oh so lovely canned foods," he commented with a small smile and I just nodded at him, "hey... you good?"

"I'm really exhausted," I admitted and he immediately pulled me over to sit back down beside him again.

"Let's eat and then sleep right away," he urged and I frowned at him, "we'll wash up properly in the morning instead of now."

"Are you sure?" I questioned and he immediately nodded with an assuring smile as he opened one can before quickly reaching to open the other.

"Eat well, even if it gets disgusting in the length," he urged and I quietly nodded as he handed me my fork.

I could sense his stare on me as I quietly sat and ate my food, very slowly though. I had a hard time detecting whether I felt hungry or just really felt like I had to throw up. It was one of those two, but I wasn't completely sure.

I had stopped eating for a minute or so when I had felt Jungwon place two fingers under my chin and carefully lift my head up. My eyes slowly met with his and I immediately knew. I had made him worried, and I had made him more worried than he'd ever been about me.

"Something is seriously wrong, I can see it on you," he slowly spoke and I just stayed silent as I blinked a few times, "and I want you to tell me exactly what it is."

"Is everyone sleeping?" I quietly questioned and he quickly glanced around before looking back into my eyes and nodding, "okay..." I sighed and dropped my fork down on the table beside me.

"Why are you suddenly so down?" he questioned quietly as his fingers under my chin disappeared and I immediately looked down, which made him lift my head once again, placing the two fingers back under my chin, "please tell me and don't look down."

"I'm scared," I quietly admitted, "I'm really scared and I don't know what I'm scared off."

"Well... if I'm here... are you still scared?" he questioned and I quietly nodded.

Jungwon let out a small sigh before dropping his hand once again and I immediately looked down. Within a splitsecond I could feel Jungwon wrapping his arms around me and carefully laying me down, my head somehow ending up laying in his lap, giving me a straight look to his facial features.

"Try and rest a bit," Jungwon softly muttered and ran a hand through my hair, "as long as I'm sitting here there's nothing to be afraid of," he assured me, "just close youe eyes," he softly spoke and carefully closed my eyes for me a small smile spreading on my face at his gentle gestures, "and then just listen to my voice, and my voice only all the way until you can't keep awake anymore. Got it?"

"Yeah," I nodded trying to surpress a small laughter at his small little plan.

Jungwon then softly began talking about everything and nothing at the same time while he soothingly ran a hand through my hair. My eyelids grew even heavier over my eyes and it felt like a warm blanket was pulled over me as my hands placed themselves on my stomach and easily folded. 

I felt so safe... yet so scared.