| 2.41 |

I quietly looked through my bag before deciding I didn't need anything else but what already was in there. I let out a small sigh before closing the back and the door immediately swung open and Jungwon marched right up to me.

"You're not going," he stated and I looked at him, "you're not Ji."

"The others agreed to that?" I questioned him and he stayed silent.

"We can cut it out of your neck," he insisted to which I quietly shook my head at him, "we can Ji."

"It's best if I just go," I shook my head at him and he pursed his lips before grabbing my bag from my hands.

He immediately opened it and pulled some of my clothes out before stuffing his own in it, meanwhile I couldn't do anything but just watch him. Once he closed my bag he just pulled of his own sweatshirt before walking over and pulling mine off as well. I didn't get to question him before he pulled his sweatshirt down over my head and cupped my face, quickly pecking my lips as he did so.

"It might not seem like it at first, but I'm gonna come and find you, alright?" he whispered, "just continue moving away from them and I'll find you, okay?"

"Jungwon-" I started with a small sigh and he immediately cut me off by shaking his head.

"No no no, you heard me," he stated, "I'll find you, okay?"

"And if they find me first, then what?" I questioned with a small sigh, making him just stay quiet as he looked down at me.

"They won't," he eventually excused and I just looked at him, "last night I made a deal with myself and that was make sure we would stay together, and when we stay together we're happy together, okay? No more cold air, harsh words and death."

"Well, that's quite the ambition for this world," I commented and he let out a small snort before shaking his head at me. His hands went up to cup my face again, bending his face down and closer to me.

"All in all... in short," he murmured, "I promised myself that you weren't going anywhere away from me again. I intend on keeping that up, but they won't let you take any of our food with you. Tonight... I'm gonna come out with food to you and we run away by ourselves," he decided and I frowned at him, "just like the time you were banished from the base."

"Jungwon you're not going with me," I shook my head and he only held my face still in his hands.

"I am," he sternly insisted as my frown grew deeper, "I am going with you Ji, and there's no way you're changing my mind."

"I am not letting you go with me if that puts your life in danger," I shook my head and he let out a sigh before pursing his lips.

"You're putting your own life in danger," he remarked and I shrugged, "how is that alright when you won't let me do the same?"

"Because they need you here. The longer I'm here the more danger I put everyone else into," I reminded and grabbed my bag from him and threw it over my shoulder, "I have to go Jungwon."

Instead of stopping me Jungwon just reached down and grabbed my hand, intertwining my hands with his as he walked with me outside and over to the back of the house, sitting down on the bench Sunghoon and I had sat on. In the distance we could see Niki get a horse ready, meanwhile Sunghoon and Lin stood and watched him.

"I'm scared Jungwon," I quietly admitted as I laid my head on his shoulder, "I know I've been alone and by myself before in this world... but I'm scared shitless now. Someone is hunting me and I can't escape them. I don't even know what will hapepn if they find me... what if they... if they want me to give out your location...?"

"If they ask you where we are you only show them this way if they harm you," he remarked, "the moment they touch one hair on your head you show them here and I'll take care of them. I swear to God Ji, don't you dare not lead them here.

"Noona! You ready?" Niki called out and I lifted my head and got up from the bench, Jungwon a bit behind me as I walked down towards Niki, Sunghoon and Lin.

When I reached them I could see the sadness written across Sunghoon's face, he didn't want to have me go anywhere again, neither did Lin, but Sunghoon's sadness was something else and we all knew that. I didn't even get to hug him before he had brought me into a tight embrace.

"Stop by once in a while, okay?" he whispered and I just nodded against his shoulder, "take care... okay Bubs? You take care."

"I hid a picture in your bedside drawer," I murmured, "I found it when we were back home... if you miss me just look at it and remember the happy memories."

"Was I a good brother?" he whispered and I hummed in confusion, "the last few weeks... have I been a good brother?"

"Yeah," I assured him, "you always were a phenomenal brother."

Sunghoon sucked in a deep breath before letting go of me and I just smiled over at Lin, who smiled softly at me. Instead of hugging me she just grabbed my hand and gave it a small squeeze, a small 'take care' escaped her mouth before I was abruptly turned around and pulled into a tight hug.

"Remember what I told you," Jungwon whispered and I hummed at him before I turned my head and pecked his cheek, "I mean it Ji."

"If you continue like that I'm not gonna be able to go," I reminded as I let go of him and let Niki help me up on the horse, "if you guys don't live to be 100 years old I'm gonna haunt you all in hell for this."

"Looking forward to that Noona," Niki hummed with a small nod.

I didn't have anything else to say, let alone know what I should say as a goodbye. It all seemed so tense and awkward that I just wanted to get away fast as possible. I let out a small hum, gave them a clearly forced smile and off I was, setting the horse into a gallop down towards the forrest. 

I didn't look back once. I couldn't.