| 2.21 |

No one said a word as Lin just stood there in the doorway of the van, everyone's eyes on her. I was the only one smiling at her, as everyone just sat and looked shocked by her presence.

"If you don't mind, and have room for one more... I would like to go home again..." Lin quietly spoke.

"We don't have a home to return to..." Heeseung quietly whispered.

"My home is with the people I love," Lin admitted, "can I stay?"

Within seconds Soomin had scrambled up on her feet, lunging at Lin and engulfing her in a tight hug, both girls falling to the ground as they hugged tightly. Meanwhile Jake had his mouth covered while his eyes glazed over and turned red, a small sob escaping him as he turned his back to the rest of us.

Sunghoon and Jungwon both sat quietly and watched the two hugging girls with sad eyes before Heeseung gathered himself and closed the van door quickly, softly patting Lin's head.

"We're never gonna deny you your home," Heeseung softly spoke as Lin only tightened her grip around Soomin.

"Yeon-ie said she's injured," Lin quietly murmured, "I don't think she's well."

"Yeah well..." Soomin sucked in a deep breath before she turned and looked at Heeseung, "Someone did make her crawl through a dusty vent!" she sent the older boy an accusing look.

"And look at us! All alive, and one extra magically back from the dead," Heeseung defended and gestured to Lin before a small laugh escaped him.

"It would be amazing if we could get the four others back as well," Jungwon quietly whispered as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side, "Jay hyung... Sunoo hyung... Niki... Millie noona... all of them."

"Jay's not gonna return," I whispered as I shook my head, "we all saw it..."

"I didn't," Jungwon remarked with a small smile as I just glanced over at him before humming and pulling my knees up to my chest, "sorry..." he murmured before looking back over at Lin, "Sunoo hyung should've seen this... imagine how wide his grin would be."

"He would've been ecstatic," I hummed with a small smile on my lips, "he would refuse to let go of her... imagine how many giggles there would come from the two."

I quietly looked over at Soomin and Lin, who both still sat and held onto each other. Soomin slowly looked over at me before widening her eyes and scrambling to get over to me.

"Your wounds... Lin said you were hurting," she rushed and I just smiled at her before shaking my head.

"All good," I assured, "I'm just tired now."

"I think you should check the noona," Jungwon spoke up as I glanced to him and shook my head at Soomin once again, "Ji-"

"I'm fine," I assured before looking back at Soomin, "go and talk with Lin... I think you both need it," I assured her and she slowly nodded before rushing back to Lin.

"You should've let her check your wounds," Jungwon quickly spoke with a sigh, "Because if you ripped any of them or any of them are swelling it's bad and I don't really feel in the mood to see you all weak and helpless again. Who knows you might even di-"

"I think that's enough Jungwon," I calmly interrupted him and he just shut as he pursed his lips while looking down at me, "I feel fine, I'm just tired. I'm able to sit up straight, am I not? I ran through the mall, did I not? I literaly crawled through an air vent and hoisted myself down from it... I think I'm a lot stronger than you think I am right now."

"But-" he started and I just sternly looked at him.

Jungwon immediately shut his mouth again before he let out a small huff and looked over towards the front seat, as if Heeseung would break into our conversation and his side.

"Jiyeon, the things we took," Soomin pointed out as she and Lin sat by the bag Soomin and I had filled up in the store we had been in.

"Go look," Jungwon urged and I didn't even hesitate before sliding across the floor to the two girls, who suddenly was smiling wider than I had seen anyone do in the past few days.

"We're just gonna check the sizes of everything and see what we can use and what we can remake to bags, harnesses and such," Lin excused and I just nodded at her, "literally anything useful."

"Did you boys get food and medicine?" Soomin turned around to look at Jake who just shook his head.

"We didn't get to go look for food before we got trouble," he replied, "so uhm... maybe we can live off of pills...?" he slowly spoke and Soomin just looked at him before letting out a deep sigh.

"Jake, that is not something a sensible human being would say," Soomin commented.

"Dammit Soomin! Do I look like a sensible human being right now?" Jake exclaimed and threw his hands up in his air before letting out a small laugh, "I'm on the verge of losing my senses."

"Alright... we're gonna sit in the corner and you're gonna let out some pent up emotions," Sunghoon slowly spoke before wrapping an arm around Jake's shoulder and turning the boy around to look away from us.

"Is he alright?" Lin quietly questioned and I glanced at Soomin, who just stayed quiet.

"Millie is not here anymore... he's been a bit... you know... since then," Soomin quietly murmured and Lin immediately looked over towards Jake, meanwhile her face just faltered.

"Ah, poor boy," Lin muttered, "they always spoke of wedding."

"I know..." Soomin nodded in agreement before sucking in a deep breath, "let's just look through all this mess first."

I looked down at the bag she zipped open, and for a moment I was actually surprised by how much we had managed to gather in such a short time.