| 2.25 |

I had decided not to look out the window while we just waited for the person to reach the house. After Lin had disappeared the others had rushed around the house to get into defense positions.

I just sat quietly as Jungwon kept on holding my hand. The only thing I did and could do was look at his face. He seemed so concentrated when looking out the window, it almost looked like he thought that if he moved one inch he would just have doomed all of us.

At one point his lips had pursed and he let out a deep sigh before turning to glance down at me.

"They're at the house now," Jungwon murmured as he nervously looked around the room.

"You know... if you need to I think you should run," I spoke up and he just let out a laugh with no humor to it while he simply shook his head.

"Ain't no fucking way in hell," he shook his head at me, "I'm not leaving you. Not right now, not ever."

"But if-" I started and he just calmly lifted my hand and pressed his lips to the back of it while he kept glancing around the room. The action actually making me speechless while he just rubbed a thumb over the back of his hand.

"I don't care what you say. I'm not leaving you alone again," he shook his head, "I can't."

I hummed quietly as I looked up at him. The more the silence fell over us the more I seemed to notice his nervous and jittery actions. He kept looking around, pursing his lips and letting out breaths, blinking quickly a few times whenever his eyes landed on something new. It was like a routine he kept repeating all the while I could feel his hand shaking softly against mine. He was truly filled with anxiety just by the thought of leaving me, let alone anything happening to us. All because of what his dad did.

Once the door to the house flung open Jungwon immediately winced before crouching down in front of me, pressing the back of my hand against his forehead while he tightly held my hand.

I slowly let go of his hand, making him grab out for it again. Without saying a word I crouched down on the ground by him as well, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. Jungwon didn't hesitate to lean into my touch and press his face into my shoulder while his breathing began getting rapid.

I closed my eyes tightly as one of my hands went up to the back of his head, holding him into my tightly while he quietly shook in my arms. He had always been so cold and solid like a brick wall whenever we had been put in dangerous situations, but now he was completely crumbling. Sometimes I think we forget he's just a scared teenager.

"It's gonna be fine," I quietly whispered to Jungwon who just held tightly onto my shirt, "nothing's gonna happen Jungwon."

"Don't leave," he shakily breathed out, "please don't leave me."

A small mix between a scream and a squeal came from the front hall in the house and Jungwon immediately tightened his grip on my shirt. I quietly hushed him as I kept glancing towards the door into the room.

"What the fuck is happening?" Heeseung loudly exclaimed, it wasn't even out of fear, it was more out of shock.

"We're gonna die," Jungwon immediately murmured, "we're gonna die Ji... we're gonna die."

"We're not gonna die," I shook my head, making sure he could feel the movement against his shoulder, "we're seven against one," I reminded him softly, "if we're gonna die then whoever that person is... yeah... impressive... we won't die Jungwon. Not today, not tomorrow."

The voices out in the front hall were hushed by the closed door. I couldn't figure out what was happening, but it sure didn't sound like there were fighting in the house. It more sounded... like happy chatter.

"I think it's fine Won," I murmured, "they sound... they almost sound happy out there."

"Stay with me," he almost whimpered as I could feel him tugging my shirt closer to him.

"I will, I will," I hummed as I quietly sat down on the floor, instead of crouching. Jungwon immediately followed my movements and immediately clung even more tightly onto me as if he had expected I would move away from him.

As curious as I was on what was happening out behind the door I simply couldn't get myself to move out to them or even call them. I feared that if I called out for them it would only send Jungwon even more into hysterics of anxiety than he already was.

"Yah! Jiyeon! Jungwon!" Heeseung called out and Jungwon sucked in a deep breath, "get out here!"

I carefully turned my gaze down at the crumbling boy in my arms, who immediately began shaking more than he already was.

"I can't... no," Jungwon murmured as he turned his face into my neck, making me able to feel his lips graze against my neck as he spoke.

"Not right now!" I called back, careful with the tone and volume of my voice. After answering I slowly turned my head back down to look along Jungwon's shaky back. I had never known he could make himself as small as he was in this very moment, it was almost like he was crumbled up into a fetus position and even smaller than that, "tell me when you feel better... we need to have a talk about this," I commented and rubbed my hand down his back in an attempt to calm him down.

"I don't think you understand-" Heeseung opened the door with a look of glee on his face, a look that immediately faltered as his eyes fell on us and Jungwon only moved closer into me, as if he was trying to hide both of us, "it's... big news... is he okay?"

"Suppressed fear," I quietly nodded at Heeseung before an unfamiliar shadow appeared behind him, peeking over Heeseung's shoulder and searching the room.

"Where in the world is that boy?" the figure spoke with a small frown on the face that stuck out from the scarf, "he should've been back by now."

"Would there be... is there any chance that those two can stay here while the rest of us search for Yeonjun hyung and the others?" Heeseung carefully questioned and the person immediately pulled the mask down from his face, letting it hang loosely around his neck.

"Bold of you to assume that you guys just get to go again," he calmly spoke, "take a few with you and the rest of us will stay behind here, waiting for you to comeback. We'll just put the coordinates into the car so you always can find back."

"I'll take Jake," Heeseung calmly nodded as he spared Jungwon and I a glance, "the rest of you have too much to lose by now. Millie is gone and the boy is gonna go into a manic depression if he gets too much rest... you have food here?"

"Enough to feed a whole army," he hummed.

"She still needs food," Heeseung nodded towards me, "still malnourished from being alone and after she and Jungwon got shot her intake of food hasn't been big either... she's only been getting skinnier lately and I doubt Jungwon has anything to hold onto right now."

"We got it," he assured Heeseung with a small smile, "but wait to go before Riki comes back, he'll be ecstatic to see you guys."

"Then next time don't fake your deaths," Heeseung sternly warned.

Sunoo let out a small snort before glancing over at Jungwon and I. It was only first now that I realized one of his arms were wrapped around Lin, who just stood with her face buried in his shoulder. Thank god he was still alive. I can't imagine how insane Lin would've gotten without him.

"We should have you two moved up into a room," Sunoo spoke and I just quietly shook my head, "I mean when he is all calm again."