| 57 |

"Why... aren't they attacking?" Heeseung quietly whispered as Jake quietly showed the way through the hoard of zombies.

"They go off by scent," I calmly replied as Heeseung turned his head from Jungwon's other side and just stared at me, "what? You learn a thing or two when you're by yourself. Besides have you never wondered why they don't begin munching on each other?"

"So you're telling me... that the dead person I'm wearing over myself right now, is covering up the fact that I am alive?" Sunoo questioned and I quietly hummed with a small nod.

As we slowly continued through the hoard I would feel small squeezes on my right hand once in a while, which I always replied with a squeeze myself after I had gotten to the conclusion that it was Jungwon's way to quietly make sure I was alright.

"I see the end," Jake quietly spoke down the line after ten minutes of walking and I immediately held tightly onto Jungwon's and Sunoo's hands as we continued our way through.

"Everyone alright?" Heeseung questioned and everyone nodded or hummed in assurance as Heeseung looked up and down the line on both sides of him.

Up front Jake was leading as his hand was tightly and securely intertwined with Millie's hand, who had Sunghoon on her other side. Millie was holding a secure grip on Sunghoon's elbow, making sure he wouldn't collapse even though he looked just fine and probably was walking a lot better than Millie was in that moment. She looked pale and like she could collapse out of pure anxiety any moment, probably why Jake had such a tight hold on her hand.

On the other side of Sunghoon Soomin had an arm tightly wrapped under her shoulders as his arm went above and around her shoulders, making sure there was no way she would disappear into the hoard as Soomin's other hand held tightly onto Heeseung's, who quietly followed after and kept a close look on the rest of us. Holding onto Heeseung's last hand was Jungwon who kept his glance straight ahead while he would squeeze my hand once in a while to make sure I was alright

Behind me was Sunoo holding lightly onto my hand as his head hung low and he quietly spoke with Niki who was the very last one in our chain.

"It's okay hyung," Niki's voice spoke behind me making me glance over at the two with a questioning look.

"I can't go on," Sunoo whispered lowly and I immediately gave his hand a small squeeze, making him look up at me while I sent him a soft smile.

"It's just a little longer, we'll be out of this soon," I softly assured him and he just shook his head at me.

"No, I can't go on," Sunoo shook his head once again as he looked at me, "not without her. I can't without Lin."

"Sunoo what are you-" I started before he just completely let go of my hand and my eyes immediately widened as I lunged after him and Niki, trying to get ahold of any of their hands again.

"It's alright noona," Niki called out and I just stared at him in bewilderment as I continued to try and grab after them, "keep going."

"We can't get to them," Jungwon's voice quietly spoke behind me and I felt him let go of my hand as it immediately wrapped around my waist and pulling me along.

"How can you act like this right now? Those two are your friends, and have been for much longer than they have been for me," I immediately hissed as Jungwon let out a deep sigh.

"I know but if we get seperated from the others we can't get out," he pointed out before a loud bang echoed from behind me and I immediately whipped my head around in time for me to see Niki point a gun towards himself, Sunoo nowhere to be seen, "Jiyeon," Jungwon's voice sternly spoke and he forced my head around to look at him, "we need to keep going regardless," he calmly spoke as another bang was behind us and his eyes immediately closed tightly and he let out a sigh, "we need to continue."

I quietly nodded as I kept my eyes on Jungwon's face before we continued walking again. The whole way out of the hoard I kept my eyes fixed on Jungwon's face, it seemed that just staring at his side profile calmed me down as I reached my, now empty, hand over and wrapped it around Jungwon's hand as well, holding tightly onto him with both my hand as we continued through the hoard.

Soon I could see the others let go of each other as they reached a proper space with no zombies. It was weird how they all had focused on getting towards the camper instead of just wandering about the edge of the group themselves.

It did feel like a heavy weight was lifted fro my shoulders as fresh air hit my nostrils instead of the sweet yet rotten smell of dead bodies. It was a relief but my mind still kept wandering.

"So what now miss-get-through-the-hoard-and-leave-the-camper-behind?" Heeseung turned to me and I just looked over at him.

"Hey, she saved you," Sunghoon loudly reminded, "so if you wanna go and talk to her like that you might as well take that sheet off and walk straight back to the camper."

Instead of answering I diverted my eyes to the edges of the road, only to find long landscapes of abandoned agriculture. If we were lucky we might be able to find vehicles there, but whetehr or not there would be fuel on them I didn't know.

Mindlessly I wandered towards a wooden fence, immediately beginning to get called back once again as I pulled out my dagger. Sat down by one of the poles and carefully began carving into the pole.

"Okay so now we're letting a lunatic lead us through to find a way down south!" Heeseung loudly exclaimed behind me.

"Look hyung, I don't care what the hell you think or what you have to say, but you shit on her actions one more time and I won't hesitate to get out my gun," Jungwon's voice warned from behind me as well as I sat in silence and focused on my carving.

'Kim Sunoo

Nishimura Riki'

It was first when I finished carving the two names that pulled my hand back and stabbed my dagger deep into the wooden pole before standing up and turning to the others who were either arguing or just standing by the side to watch.

"Let's just face the fact we're all gonna die! She doesn't have a plan and now we're doomed!" Heeseung loudly spoke as Sunghoon was about to retort with something.

"Well, of course I don't have a plan," I calmly spoke as I walked back to the others again, "if I knew how everything looked on this side of the hoard I would have a plan, but now you see... I'm not some sort of super human who can predict the future. Even if I were how would that help us? It's not like I would be aware of everything even then. So now I suggest you figure out what we should do next."

I calmly folded my hands in front of me as Heeseung just raised both his eyebrows at me meanwhile a simple glance to Jungwon showed a small smile spreadnig on his face.