| 32 |

The desk in Jungwon's room stood right under the window, and the desk chair had been the place I had sat most of the time after dark fell. By then I sat in my loose pants and the white t-shirt of Jungwon's I had been using as my pajamas shirt for a few days now, might as well use it properly before washing it. All I was doing was sitting and watching the two boys on the platform in the eastern tower. It was clear there was a tension between them.

Once in a while one of them would move around or stretch, but not once did they cease to return to their spot on each side of the small platform, while they looked out over the fence. Only once had Kitae gone down to use the toilet or wherever he went. But everytime Jungwon had turned around I had held up my hand to do a small wave, but he had only spotted me once.

I didn't even know why I was sitting up anymore, it was as if it was the easiest thing I could do right now. I didn't feel like sleeping, knowing that I hadn't gotten any update on Sunghoon, and that I could hear Jay across the hallway once in a while moving around to comfort Soomin, who had joined him in his room while she was trying not to panic about the boy that still laid in the medic house while Millie worked on him. 

Jake had been by a few times by now, either checking on whether or not I was okay, now that he knew I was spending this week's nights alone in the room. Once he had sat down and talked with me about whatever had come to his mind or asked about various things from what I remember of Sunghoon and Jay before all this happened.

Again three knocks was on the door, by now I didn't even bother to turn in my chair and look as the door opened. Something already told me it was Jake.

"Jiyeon-ie?" instead of Jake's voice I was met by Heeseung's, actually making me turn in my chair as he carefully entered the room and glanced up through the window in front of me as he walked in and stood behind the chair to get a better look out the window, "keeping an eye on Jungwon?"

"I couldn't sleep," I excused in a murmur as I ran my hands through my hair.

"Who are you most worried about? Sunghoon or Jungwon?" he let out a small laugh.

"Sunghoon," I whispered and he hummed before sitting down on the foot of Jungwon's bed, almost right beside me as he looked out the window before looking back at me, his hand finding his chin to support his head upright as he looked at me.

"I just passed by the medic house," Heeseung spoke and I simply hummed and looked back out at Kitae and Jungwon standing on the platform, "Lin came out to me after she had seen me looking in through one of the windows... Sunghoon is stable. They removed all the bullets, but he is weak and will need rest. He'll be fine Jiyeon... he made it, okay?"

"Yeah," I whispered with a small nod, "but I'm still worried."

"Well... to your delight I can tell you he was consious for a bit before Millie put him under to remove the bullets," Heeseung stated with a small smile, "and he told me to... or well... he just told anyone really, to go to you, to go to Soomin, and assure the both of you he was gonna be fine. He decided back then that he'll make it, and you best believe that he'll live up to it."

"I just want him to be unharmed," I whispered as Heeseung hummed with a small nod.

"I know," he softly assured before a small smile spread on his face and he ruffled my hair, "but Sunghoon wouldn't want you worrying, now would he?"

"I guess not," I mumbled as a small smile spread on my face and Heeseung stood up.

"And Jungwon will be fine. He and Kitae have had loads of those shifts together," Heeseung stated and pointed out the window as I just nodded, "I'll go assure Soomin now."

"Can I ask you something first?" I questioned and turned to Heeseung, who just nodded at me, "or well... I'd rather ask you a favor."

"Mhm," Heeseung just hummed with a nod to assure me he was gonna do that favor for me.

"Won't you also go check on Jake, he's been by a few times and each time he seems to get worse and worse," I pointed out and Heeseung let out a small sigh as he sat back down on the car again before looking at me.

"You need to understand something about Jake," he quietly whispered as I frowned at him, "I guess you've already heard about Geonu and Jimin."

"Yeah... they were the ones before Sunghoon and Jay-" I started and Heeseung simply cut me off.

"Jake has a history of always being the only one surviving or being the least harmed. When he and his family came he was the only one that got into the base safely, Millie was of course along with him. He was the only one of him, Geonu and Jimin that ever came back from that one mission. Now he is the least harmed of him and your brothers. Ever since his first day here he struggled with survivor's guilt... We haven't seen Jake be as close to anyone as he is to Sunghoon and Jay ever since we saw him and Millie for the first time," Heeseung pointed out, "not only is he having survivor's guilt, but he's also struggling because he is so close to your brothers."

"Oh..." I quietly muttered, "but won't you go check on Jake, I think he needs it."

"I'll go check on Soomin first," he pointed out and stood up from the bed.

"She needs it," I nodded in agreement, "but please don't forget Jake," I whispered and Heeseung hummed and patted my shoulder softly before leaving the room, so that I was alone again.

A small hum left my mouth as I folded my arms on the desk in front of me, and quietly rested my head on them as I stared out at the two boys standing on the platform. They weren't doing much, but I couldn't sleep, so I guess this was my best entertainment.

Soon enough Jungwon began walking around before he stopped in his tracks, seemingly facing the room, a small smile spread on my face as I lifted my hand to him again. During his next movement I would almost hear his sigh. He pulled out a flashlight and placed it on the platform so it was lighting up at him.

His eyes were clearly open wide as he just pointed to me, before folding his hands together and leaning his head down on it. He was telling me to go to sleep, and he was telling me it in a passive aggresive way. I let out a small laugh as I lifted my head from my arms and just lifted my arms to form an 'x' above my head. Jungwon's shoulders immediately slumped, making me smile slightly in amusement before covering my mouth with my hands.

Seeing how Jungwon just continued to stand and look at me I let out a small sigh before standing up and turning off the light before looking back out towards the platform, where Jungwon picked up his flashlight again and turned it off.

I quietly got down under my duvet and tugged it up closely around me. Once my head hit the pillow I immediately felt my sleepiness overtake me. I hadn't realized before, but I was actually really tired. My guess is that it was just my worry that had taken over me and made sure I didn't sleep or were able to.

But right now it seemed awfully easy to just close my eyes and slowly let sleep take over my mind, as it grew foggy and slowly went dark and numb.

"Jiyeon get out of bed," Jungwon's urgent voice immediately pulled me from my near sleep as he turned on the light and pulled the duvet off of me. Hadn't he just gestured for me to sleep? "now! And get in your boots! No need to tie them, we just need to get out."

"Why?" I muttered a small complaint as I rubbed my eyes in confusion.

"The Alliance is here."