| 2.17|

Heeseung let out a deep sigh as he stopped the car outside the mall in Mokpo. I carefully managed to get up my feet by myself, making Jake rush over as if he was going to catch me. I simply let out a laugh at her before limping over to Soomin, who had extended her arm towards me.

"I'll take Jiyeon with me, so we can get some necessities for us," Soomin excused as she threw her bag over her shoulder.

"Take a gun with you, will you?" Sunghoon questioned, more like a beg than an actual question.

"Bold of you to assume I don't already have one on me," Soomin commented, "and that your sister doesn't have any weapons hidden on her somewhere."

I simply smiled innocently over at Sunghoon who just let out a small huff before turning to Jungwon and assisting him in standing up.

"You two be careful, if anything happens just yell on us, got it?" Heeseung questioned as he looked at Soomin and I, "we're gonna be in the mall as well, looking for anything we can use."

"There's a pharmacy on the first floor," I pointed out and he simply nodded before giving me a thumbs up.

Soomin carefully helped me out of the van before the boys rushed out after us and walked with us into the mall, that somehow was easy to enter. With one quick glance at the floor map Soomin had immediately located the stores we would have to go to.

"Hey, hey, hey, before you go," Jungwon called out and we turned to look at him as he limped over towards us. His limp almost gone but still hindering him enough to make him unable to run.

"What?" I questioned as he reached me and softly grabbed onto my elbows.

"Don't you dare die when I'm not there, okay?" he questioned and quickly pecked my cheek, "I have a few things to say if you plan on dying."

"Not yet, boba boy," I pointed out and he let out a small smile before I followed after Soomin, who quickly slid an arm around me to hold me up right.

"Tell me if you need a break, to sit down," Soomin commented and I just nodded at her as she helped me to the first store, "we're just gonna take whatever, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I nodded at her before we walked in.

Soomin went around and pulled down clothes of any kind, whenever she saw somethnig we could use. The only things she actually checked for sizes were underwear, claiming it was much easier to use a belt on a pair of pants that was too big, than it was on underwear.

"I need to sit down," I murmured and Soomin rushed over to sit me in the closest chair, that just so happened to be by the cashregister.

A small hiss escaped my mouth as I sat down and attempted to stretch my back, quickly deciding against that choice. Soomin let out a small laugh at the sight of my attempt.

"Just because the stitches are gone, you're not automatically better," she reminded and I just nodded at her as I could hear a ding, "oh would you look at that... it was fairly easy to open," she commented as I looked up at her and she just held up a bunch of bills and let them fall to the floor, "who should've thought... years ago I would've taken all this money if I got the chance, but now... they're just useless pieces of fancy colored paper."

"I had forgotten how they looked," I commented and she let out a small laugh.

"Should we take some along, just for the fun of it?" she questioned and I snickered before immediately nodding at her, "Jake will without a doubt be super hyped to see us having found loads of money."

"I don't think he's well," I admitted and she glanced over at me, "you don't mean to tell me he's not completely affected by what he had to do to Millie."

"You were out for a few days," she reminded and I just nodded at her, "for a whole day after we found you and Jungwon we were unable to get in contact with him. He was like... either a statue or a hysterical mess. You're right he's not well, but he's hiding it from everyone and one day it's gonna explode right in front of us... if he already struggled with survivor's guilt it'll only be worse now. What I think is even worse is... the story he told about Millie isn't true."

"What do you mean?" I questioned as she ran a hand through her hair.

"I don't think she had begun turning yet," Soomin shook her head, "sure she looked like hell that night, but she was still completely normal when Sunghoon and I ran to the shed we hid in... there's no way she turned that night. I think what happened... at least the moments after Sunghoon and I left, is only a thing Heeseung and Jake knows. What happened after Heeseung left to go to us... is only a thing Jake knows... Heeseung said she was alive when he left them."

"You don't think..." I slowly trailed off and Soomin just nodded.

"When we cleaned up the space Jake had removed her body from... there was too much blood for him to only having stabbed her in the head... I think Heeseung and Jake tried to amputate her arm in hopes of stopping the turning," Soomin whispered, "and I think she lost too much blood in that attempt. When they realized too much blood had been lost they gave up and Heeseung left Jake to be with Millie. So I don't think Jake killed her because she turned, I think Heeseung and Jake accidentally killed her in an attempt to save her."

I stayed quiet as Soomin's words stayed in my mind. If Jake had killed Millie by accident in an attempt to save her, that would only make matters even worse, wouldn't it? 

"He still wears their ring, did you notice?" Soomin questioned with a small smile on her face and I looked over at her with a frown, "he stole a pair of promise rings to them on one of his first missions... he still wears his. I don't know what he did with hers. He really loved her."

"You know... my brother loves you a lot too," I pointed out and she glanced up at me, "he won't be happy if I tell you," I sighed deeply and closed my eyes tightly, "but the day he came back all shoot and such..."

"That idiot," she sighed and ran both her hands through her hair.

"He was picking Peonies for you... he really wanted to do something to show how much he loves you... it just ended up being a fight for his life instead," I calmly spoke and she just looked at me with a calm look on her face before she dropped her head and let out a small sniffle, "he's not mad over you raising your voice at him... he just misses you."

"I miss him too," she quietly whispered before shaking her head, "I just can't... I can't talk to him. I'm too embarrassed."

"All he wants is for you to show you don't hate him. Whether that is talking to him or giving him a hug, he just wants to be sure," I whispered and she just hummed.

A loud yell echoed out through the mall and I frowned as Soomin abruptly snapped her head up and looked at me, before looking to the glass facade of the shop that was turned out towards the rest of the mall.

"What in the world is happening?" she muttered.

"We seriously have to stop doing this," I sighed and she glanced at me, "getting into bad situations and just screaming or yelling to alert everyone else."

"Touché," she hummed in agreement a frown staying on her face as the doors to the shop abruptly swung open and was forced close again before the person pushed a whole lot of clothes racks over in front of the windows.

"Okay... small change of plans," Heeseung turned to us with a slightly panicked smile.