| 13 |

The training ground wasn't long from the gates out of the base. It laid neatly before the houses on the left side of the gate began. It wasn't much of a training ground, it was in general just a big tree trunk laying on top of two other smaller tree trunks, with loads of holes and carves in it.

"We're not allowed to shoot a gun in here, because the sound will attract the zombies to the area, and we do not need to be surrounded by those creatures," Sunghoon explained as he got out a small handgun, "but I can show you how you load it, hold it, and aim."

"Uhm... I know how to use a gun," I softly pointed out and he froze for a moment before looking at me and just nodding.

"Of course you do," he muttered in a saddened tone.

"What else do you know how to do noona?" Niki questioned in excitement.

"I guess I have a pretty good aim when it comes to knife throwing," I shrugged at him, "uh... I had a bow and arrow at one point, but it's abandoned back in my tree house."

"Don't we have a bow and arrow?" Sunghoon frowned at Niki who immediately nodded and ran off, "I guess he'll go find it."

I watched in amusement at how excited Niki looked once he had run off to a small black shed standing in the far corner, even further away than the yellow medical house.

"Show me your knife," Sunghoon spoke up and I looked to him before fishing my dagger up from my pocket and handing it to him.

Sunghoon quietly stood and turned the dagger in his hands as if he was inspecting it for something before a small smile grew on his face.

"It's the one we used for our knees," he stated and I just nodded as he handed me the dagger back, "how did you keep it sharp?"

"I have my ways," I simply smirked at him, "I can't reveal all my survival methods, now can I?"

"You should," he replied and shoved his hands into his pockets, "if there's something we don't know it could be useful for us."

"Install ladders instead of stairs," I shrugged at him and he frowned down at me, "if zombies would somehow get in here they won't be able to get to us. They can go up stairs but they can't crawl up ladders."

"Wait really?" he questioned and I nodded at him.

"If you're being chased by a big hoard outside search for a tree or building to crawl up. That way you'll survive easily," I shrugged at him.

"You sound to have a lot of experience with them," he commented and I simply shrugged at him.

"You guys see missions out of the base as something occasional, don't you?" I questioned him and he simply nodded at me, "I had that mission for 24 hours a day over the course of five years. I should have some experience, shouldn't I?"

"I swear I'll kill those people who told us you were dead," Sunghoon sighed deeply.

"You got a bit of temper since last time, didn't you?" I commented in amusement and he just shrugged before nudging my arm with his elbow.

"I became defensive, because someone lied about my sister's death," he commented as Niki came running back towards us with a bow in his hand and a filled quiver.

"Try it out," Niki urged and handed me the bow, "show us that amazing aim Jungwon hyung claims you have."

"That I know I have," I corrected him making him just wave it off as he handed me an arrow.

I got ready and pulled the arrow back on the string of the bow, aiming for an already made hole in the tree. Sucking in a deep breath I was ready to let go of the arrow when I was interrupted by loud yells that made me turn around immediately.

"Open the fucking gates!" a boy with black hair was running in front of Jay, Sunoo and Jungwon as Taehyun and Soobin quickly pushed open the gate and the four boys ran in. Not ceasing to bring a zombie walking in after them.

"Oh they are idiots," Sunghoon deeply sighed as Jungwon ran up in front of the first boy, who must by Yeonjun, meanwhile Jay and Sunoo ran in the back.

"Well at least they closed the gates before any more could get in," Niki pointed to the gate where a few more zombies had been attracted and was clawing to get inside.

"Where is Beomgyu hyung when he has to kill one of them?" Sunghoon complained making me look between Niki and Sunghoon before quickly placing the arrow on the string again.

I pulled back the arrow and aimed after where Sunoo was running, making Niki quickly yell out for me to stop.

"Put it down Jiyeon," Sunghoon sternly spoke and grabbed my wrist, making me just shrug him off.

Aiming at Sunoo I let go of the arrow and watched as it flew through the air while Sunghoon quickly grabbed the bow and threw it away, meanwhile Niki was yelling at me. However I just watched in silence as the arrow went straight into the skull of the zombie that was running behind Sunoo, making it fall to the ground with a loud thud and the four boys immediately ceased to run.

"Where is the car?" Taehyun yelled out as he ran up towards the four boys.

"We didn't get a chance before we were being chased," Yeonjun shook his head before breathing heavily and throwing an arm over Sunoo's shoulders.

"Thank god Beomgyu shot that arrow," Soobin commented as he rushed over and held Jay up by his armpits.

"Beomgyu can't shoot arrows that precisely," Yeonjun shook his head, "no one in this base can."

"Who shot that arrow?" a tall man rushed out of one of the houses looking around at everyone who had rushed outside to see what was happening.

It went dead silent as realization hit everyone and all gazes went to me, making the furious man even look at me. I frowned slightly before looking between Niki and Sunghoon.

"Gathering in the great building in ten minutes! Someone take the new girl to her room," the man called out making me look around in confusion as Sunghoon softly grabbed onto my wrist and tugged me along.

"What did I do? I saved them," I reasoned in confusion as Sunghoon just quietly pulled me along with him, "answer me!"

"I'm not allowed to!" he exclaimed at me before just continuing to pull me back into the house where I was staying in the same room as Jungwon, "just go up and stay in the room until someone comes up to get you."

"What did I do?" I questioned once more in confusion.

"Just go and wait," Sunghoon snapped before slamming the front door behind him, disappearing from my view.

I let out a small huff before dragging my feet up the stairs and up into the room I shared with Jungwon, where I slumped back into the bed I had been sleeping in for the past few days.